Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't normally associate these things together...

I know what you are trying to say, but I think maybe better phrasing would be "if you are ABLE to pay 2020 prices..." ;)

Yeah...whatever works 🤪

The point is (and it’s been battled on boards for years)...there is an economic reality to the customer base...

Not the Rockefellers...more “new”...but there are expectations that usually hold true.

Compliance would be one in my completely inexperienced opinion.

Polkadotdress

Do you think Disney world is operating under draconian measures?
Yes, in the sense that masks are required by everyone over the age of 2, no exceptions for anything at all, period. And those that don’t comply are asked to leave.

It’s a draconian level of mask enforcement which I wholeheartedly agree with. And is one of the reasons they are operating safely and responsibly at this time.

Polkadotdress

No, that just means they don't make the decisions you want them to make. It is quite possible that a person decides to take the risks for themselves and also makes the choice not to be around high risk people. Of course there will always be outliers to anything but that doesn't remove the responsibility from yourself or any other person not to associate with people who don't follow their set of values.

But, I have “no choice” but to interact with those in my workplace who have made risky decisions. And that’s not OK.

Chi84

Premium Member
Yes, in the sense that masks are required by everyone over the age of 2, no exceptions for anything at all, period. And those that don’t comply are asked to leave.

It’s a draconian level of mask enforcement which I wholeheartedly agree with. And is one of the reasons they are operating safely and responsibly at this time.
Yeah I wish they would raise the age. I don’t feel any safer seeing a 2-year-old asleep in a stroller with a mask covering his mouth and nose.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yeah I wish they would raise the age. I don’t feel any safer seeing a 2-year-old asleep in a stroller with a mask covering his mouth and nose.
I think they are just following CDC guidelines. Same with airlines and other businesses. Disney is in the business to entertain so I’m comfortable with them deferring to health experts on these type of decisions. For me personally I 100% would not bring a toddler in a stroller to WDW with a mask. I’d just pass and go back when it’s not required.

Chi84

Premium Member
I think they are just following CDC guidelines. Same with airlines and other businesses. Disney is in the business to entertain so I’m comfortable with them deferring to health experts on these type of decisions. For me personally I 100% would not bring a toddler in a stroller to WDW with a mask. I’d just pass and go back when it’s not required.
I understand why they chose the age. Not all businesses are requiring it and I hope it’s the first mask requirement they modify.

MaryJaneP

People apparently operate under different definitions. Draconian has a definition of "excessively harsh and severe". Some may find a mask requirement not excessively harsh nor severe. Some may.

Just like different groups define "great" differently.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
But, I have “no choice” but to interact with those in my workplace who have made risky decisions. And that’s not OK.
This is a point just flat missed by a lot of people. These restrictions are not about the level of risk to yourself that you are willing to take but the risk you by default put on others around you. For example with the travel quarantine rules nobody is stopping people from traveling to a hot spot, they are just telling people to quarantine on return. This way you are free to travel and take whatever level of personal risk you want but you aren’t free to spread that risk to others when you get home. It’s impractical to do the same thing for a bar or attending a party because the people who go are not going to be willing to then do a 14 day quarantine after each activity.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I understand why they chose the age. Not all businesses are requiring it and I hope it’s the first mask requirement they modify.
I think at one point the WHO had the age at 5 instead of 2 so it’s possible the CDC moves that guideline at some point. I wouldn’t expect Disney to change it unless the CDC does but anything is possible.

Chi84

Premium Member
I think at one point the WHO had the age at 5 instead of 2 so it’s possible the CDC moves that guideline at some point. I wouldn’t expect Disney to change it unless the CDC does but anything is possible.
I expect Disney to change it as soon as possible, given its target audience. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if they changed it before the CDC does. It’s just another one of those things neither one of us knows, as hard as that may be to accept.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom