Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I expect Disney to change it as soon as possible, given its target audience. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if they changed it before the CDC does. It’s just another one of those things neither one of us knows, as hard as that may be to accept.
It’s really not hard to accept at all considering I never said I knew anything for sure. It’s my opinion that they will keep their rule in line with CDC recomendations just like you have an opinion that they will change the rule as soon as possible and before the CDC does. I don’t think you are saying you know that for sure so not sure why you would think I was saying that.

Here’s the basis for my opinion. From the Disney website know before you go section on Covid they directly they state:

Welcoming You Back to Walt Disney World Resort

As you prepare to visit, please know that we’ve made updates based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies.

It may be different from the last time you visited. But together, we can find new ways to create magical moments—and memories to treasure.

Under face coverings they say:

Face Coverings

Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming. You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing.

All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:

• Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
  • Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.
Costume masks are also not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.
The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.

Both sections clearly state that they are relying on guidelines from health authorities like the CDC. Disney was also pretty clear in their re-opening press releases (I think it was a chief medical officer for Disney parks that released a statement) that they would be following the recommendations from various health authorities as opposed to the requirements of the state of Florida. It’s always possible that they change their mind and start to stray from CDC guidelines but IMHO that’s not likely especially given the success of their re-opening and the overwhelming positive response to it.

Ldno

Yes, in the sense that masks are required by everyone over the age of 2, no exceptions for anything at all, period. And those that don’t comply are asked to leave.

It’s a draconian level of mask enforcement which I wholeheartedly agree with. And is one of the reasons they are operating safely and responsibly at this time.
Despite this, My girlfriends Ex-Sister in law is a Part Time Cast Member in Magic Kingdom and told her that many parents will still try to push boundaries in regards to lying about their kids age and defending their Kid‘s right to not wear a mask since they always say “where I’m from they are not required”, even then some parents will still get kicked out because their kids failed to wear a mask properly and just take it off and parents will truly fight for this.

Because of this she also told us many same day reservations open up, a lot of guests that go to the park are on stand by to be let in from some unruly parents not following their guidelines about their kids mask.

No matter what, Disney gets their money in the end with someone willing and ready to replace them Haha.

Chi84

Premium Member
It’s really not hard to accept at all considering I never said I knew anything for sure. It’s my opinion that they will keep their rule in line with CDC recomendations just like you have an opinion that they will change the rule as soon as possible and before the CDC does. I don’t think you are saying you know that for sure so not sure why you would think I was saying that.

Here’s the basis for my opinion. From the Disney website know before you go section on Covid they directly they state:

Under face coverings they say:

Both sections clearly state that they are relying on guidelines from health authorities like the CDC. Disney was also pretty clear in their re-opening press releases (I think it was a chief medical officer for Disney parks that released a statement) that they would be following the recommendations from various health authorities as opposed to the requirements of the state of Florida. It’s always possible that they change their mind and start to stray from CDC guidelines but IMHO that’s not likely especially given the success of their re-opening and the overwhelming positive response to it.
I think a lot of things will change in the next few months, possibly even a development of a vaccine. The CDC recommendations may change, or Disney may decide to change its requirements to bring them in line with other amusement parks that don’t require masks on very young children. I know what Disney’s current requirements are and what they are telling guests now. There’s no reason to believe those things won’t change over the next several months.

Last edited:

disneycp

Macron is addressing France tomorrow evening. Will be interesting. Will we once again be one of the only 1st world countries that doesn't lockdown??...stay tuned to find out on this episode of 2020.

Are we seriously still doing this song and dance 7 months later? Let’s lockdown and then cases go down and then let’s open back up and be shocked when cases go up, as if that isn’t the most logical thing to happen in the entire world. I’m over it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Macron is addressing France tomorrow evening. Will be interesting. Will we once again be one of the only 1st world countries that doesn't lockdown??...stay tuned to find out on this episode of 2020.
lol...

I just saw “how’s everyone enjoying the season finale of the United States??” On Twitter 😂

(Seriously though...people didn’t shut up and do what they’re told and we are SO SCREWED now...
Not from a health standpoint...but economically. The “know it all doctors” are going to be brow beating everyone for years to come as they whine. You. Didn’t. Listen. In. The. First. Place. )

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Are we seriously still doing this song and dance 7 months later? Let’s lockdown and then cases go down and then let’s open back up and be shocked when cases go up, as if that isn’t the most logical thing to happen in the entire world. I’m over it
That’s exactly how the “song and dance” goes...and you know why?

Because it wasn’t handled by a crew of clowns. Plain and simple.

There is no “herd immunity”...there is no “you can only get it once”...
...send in the clowns...let’s have at it?

disneycp

That’s exactly how the “song and dance” goes...and you know why?

Because it wasn’t handled by a crew of clowns. Plain and simple.

There is no “herd immunity”...there is no “you can only get it once”...
...send in the clowns...let’s have at it?

Sorry but anyone who can’t follow the train of thought that more things open = more cases and becomes surprised when that happens is a clown. But let’s try it for the 17th time, maybe it’ll be different this time! Maybe lockdowns will finally do what people seem to think they’ll do!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry but anyone who can’t follow the train of thought that more things open = more cases and becomes surprised when that happens is a clown. But let’s try it for the 17th time, maybe it’ll be different this time! Maybe lockdowns will finally do what people seem to think they’ll do!
That’s not the train you want to be on, sailor...

If you want to be a jerk and say “acceptable losses”...just say it: I can at least give you “credit” for that...

Other than that...it’s the same tired, low iq lines from April. Everything predicted is happening...including incompetent buffoons.

I don’t make the world the way it is...it just is.

Wait...26?
Nevermind.

disneycp

That’s not the train you want to be on, sailor...

If you want to be a jerk and say “acceptable losses”...just say it: I can at least give you “credit” for that...

Other than that...it’s the same tired, low iq lines from April. Everything predicted is happening...including incompetent buffoons.

I don’t make the world the way it is...it just is.

Wait...26?
Nevermind.

Other than some truly wild leaps in logic (apparently, your mind twists “let’s try something else because clearly what we’ve been doing for 7+ months isn’t working” into “who cares who dies!” because that’s how hard you want to cling to your love of lockdowns), I honestly have no idea what you’re on about

jmp85

Past 7 days: 25,657 positive or 3,665 per day average
Previous 7 days: 21,178 positive or 3,025 per day average

Increase of 21% week over week :(

If we go out 14 days:
Past 14 days: 46,835 positive or 3,345 per day on average
Previous 14 days: 34,921 positive or 2,494 per day on average

Increase of 34%

In Florida -- based on my Facebook feed, the same people who were chastising people back in April-May for not wearing masks have decided that their social lives are more important at this point. I see group photos of huge gatherings of 50+ people piled in for a picture and half of them were so self-righteous early on. Hypocrisy at its finest. At least the other half never pretended to care.

JoeCamel

In Florida -- based on my Facebook feed, the same people who were chastising people back in April-May for not wearing masks have decided that their social lives are more important at this point. I see group photos of huge gatherings of 50+ people piled in for a picture and half of them were so self-righteous early on. Hypocrisy at its finest. At least the other half never pretended to care.
Tampa mayor was at a restaurant (Columbia) today to help celebrate a 100th birthday. Lots of hugging, excited talking and very few wearing masks. Mayor pulls hers aside to talk to a table with a loud back and forth/lots of laughing.
Florida is gonna keep us all doing this for a very long time...
BDay girl was not masked. Who puts their 100 YO in a room full of people at a restaurant during this?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

They’ve given up...and anyone want to take a guess the two biggest reasons why they’ve given up?

Tampa mayor was at a restaurant (Columbia) today to help celebrate a 100th birthday. Lots of hugging, excited talking and very few wearing masks. Mayor pulls hers aside to talk to a table with a loud back and forth/lots of laughing.
Florida is gonna keep us all doing this for a very long time...
BDay girl was not masked. Who puts their 100 YO in a room full of people at a restaurant during this?

I wouldn’t expect much from the mayor of Tampa

“Stupid is as stupid does, Forrest”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom