Predictions on when evening hours and nighttime shows can resume?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
HEA
- EF (thank god)
+ Harmonius
Fantasmic!
- Star Wars nighttime show
- RoL

Sound about right? My only other thought would be to reverse the SW show and F!.

jrhwdw

And there is the real issue. MK and Epcot's nighttime shows drive both a brand identity (fireworks over the castle) and a revenue opportunity in World Showcase dining and shopping, outside of their gate draws.

Is F! popular enough to contribute in a meaningful way to the HS gate? It's a 22 year old show that's well past needing a refresh that there's now no cash for. The company completely walked away from a much newer show at Animal Kingdom that took a fraction of the resources to stage. It's a nice bonus if the show is available, but it isn't making or breaking people's decision to commit a day there. If Galaxies Edge is enough on its own to make the Studios a must-do park, then what motivation does Disney have to bring F! back at all? The only logical argument is distributing nighttime crowds, but even pre-covid Epcot had plenty of capacity, and Harmonious will be the hot ticket as the new shiny for years.
Don't forget the 50th in MK (if we have a 50th of course)

Harm. will be brand new but will it maintain its popularity? Sure, Harm. might get a Stream or two weekly, give or take but these Boards I know don't like the IP aspect of Harm. so it should be interesting.

mattpeto

HEA
- EF (thank god)
+ Harmonius
Fantasmic!
- Star Wars nighttime show
- RoL

Sound about right? My only other thought would be to reverse the SW show and F!.

IDK.

We know about RoL.

Epcot Forever is a temporary show. I don't know if that's what the OP is alluding to. HEA should be going nowhere, unless the 50th is replacing it, which I doubt.

I wonder if it's Fantasmic, which sucks but makes sense since they need so many cast members and close by especially for the finale.

ToTBellHop

I was not trying to suggest they will all resume at once. But, once they’ve all resumed, expect a net-loss of two.

No one in their right mind would expect a commitment to January. The exact timing depends on our current wave and any vaccine. But, as it stands, there will be fireworks by next summer.

I do not personally consider OUAT to be a nighttime spectacular. I’ve seen better spectacles on an iPhone.

TTA94

Original Poster
I was not trying to suggest they will all resume at once. But, once they’ve all resumed, expect a net-loss of two.

No one in their right mind would expect a commitment to January. The exact timing depends on our current wave and any vaccine. But, as it stands, there will be fireworks by next summer.

I do not personally consider OUAT to be a nighttime spectacular. I’ve seen better spectacles on an iPhone.

The 50th is saved! And with that our dreams of, 50th entertainment! Lol. And hopefully some sort of parade will still come out after all of this. And I don’t mean FoF lol.

Joking there lol, sorta :)

UNCgolf

People are going to call me insane, but I think I liked OUAT more than HEA.

HEA is a much bigger spectacle, obviously, but that was actually the problem for me. The combination of constant fireworks with constant castle projections didn't work for me. I can't look at both at the same time, so it always felt like I was missing something.

It would be better if they were staggered. Look at the castle for these projections, and then boom here are a bunch of fireworks! Now back to the castle for the next projection scene, etc.

Or maybe it does do that -- I've only seen it twice and once was from the Contemporary roof -- but it sure didn't seem like it at the time.

jrhwdw

I bet HEA will not return. That’s got to be the biggest safety and cost risk.
I HIGHLY doubt MK would just cann HEA. That was the BEST thing to come out of 2017! You're thinking MK will be the last place to get normal and by that time it'll be the 50th and MK will go to a 50th Spectacular?

The 50th is saved! And with that our dreams of, 50th entertainment! Lol. And hopefully some sort of parade will still come out after all of this. And I don’t mean FoF lol.

Joking there lol, sorta :)
Can We get "The 50th Is Saved!!!!" in writing Please??? LOL!

I get the 6month timeline, hopefully that might get shorter as time moves on. Looks like Cerlebrate America is safe! And any July 4th Tag Epcot does!(for now) Hopefully Epcot still does Tags(not talking COVD, talking Harm.)

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
People are going to call me insane, but I think I liked OUAT more than HEA.

HEA is a much bigger spectacle, obviously, but that was actually the problem for me. The combination of constant fireworks with constant castle projections didn't work for me. I can't look at both at the same time, so it always felt like I was missing something.

It would be better if they were staggered. Look at the castle for these projections, and then boom here are a bunch of fireworks! Now back to the castle for the next projection scene, etc.

Or maybe it does do that -- I've only seen it twice and once was from the Contemporary roof -- but it sure didn't seem like it at the time.
When saw OUAT the first night it opened in MK, I said "man I wish this had been a new fireworks show", so I can see why you'd feel that way. Though once we got HEA, my love for OUAT dwindled. I will say that I enjoy HEA more when I'm watching from behind the Castle or even at a distance. It really is an amazing pyro show, there is just a bit too much happening on the castle at once. But I have seen HEA so many times that I really just tune out the projections now

UNCgolf

When saw OUAT the first night it opened in MK, I said "man I wish this had been a new fireworks show", so I can see why you'd feel that way. Though once we got HEA, my love for OUAT dwindled. I will say that I enjoy HEA more when I'm watching from behind the Castle or even at a distance. It really is an amazing pyro show, there is just a bit too much happening on the castle at once. But I have seen HEA so many times that I really just tune out the projections now

Yeah, I think it was probably better from the Contemporary roof than it was in front of the castle because we were just watching the fireworks at that point.

gerarar

Premium Member
The best combination of projections and fireworks/pyro is probably Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks. There’s not that much visuals happening on the castle and the fireworks are the main focus. In other words the projections complements the fireworks.

I would say about HEA is that watching it at the end of Main Street or even further back is the ideal view for me. You get to see some of the projections, notably when it changes colors and such and all the fireworks. My second spot is probably near the Partners Statue.

I do hope they don’t rid of F! tho. It’s my childhood favorite show. Even if it doesn’t come back for a while I hope one day it returns grander than ever. A nighttime spectacular of that scale keeps thousands of people in the park til nighttime I imagine. With that comes concessions, merch, etc. Ridding of the shows rips another piece that makes Hollywood Studios, Hollywood Studios. And we all know how much the park has suffered the past decade+ with removals and “additions” (more like replacements..). And plus, it’s the only Mickey spectacular we have left, featuring the mouse himself!! They already rid of of Wonderful World of Animation..

UNCgolf

To our group, OUAT wasn't even worthy of replacing Celebrate the Magic even though it has some pops of fireworks.

OUAT wouldn't work as the headlining night time attraction/show, but I think it's nice as a complementary one that focuses on projections. I think they need one show that mostly focuses on the projections and one that's mostly focused on fireworks.

Magic Feather

And plus, it’s the only Mickey spectacular we have left, featuring the mouse himself!! They already rid of of Wonderful World of Animation..
Did they? They were running it on the day studios closed, so I don't think that's the case.

And I'm expecting the two losses to be Rivers of Light (as announced) and the Studios Hub Pyro Show (Especially since MMRR's expanded queue ate up some of the already scarce viewing space).

ToTBellHop

Did they? They were running it on the day studios closed, so I don't think that's the case.

And I'm expecting the two losses to be Rivers of Light (as announced) and the Studios Hub Pyro Show (Especially since MMRR's expanded queue ate up some of the already scarce viewing space).
I would agree with that assessment. Although Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam might be worthwhile for two months of the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom