Predictions on when evening hours and nighttime shows can resume?

nickys

Premium Member
It does make me wonder what's in their plans considering the fireworks that were tested at Epcot the other night. Obviously, no crystal ball here and I'm sure they're trying to set a good example with WDW so DL can get the green light. Still, there are people who won't go without fireworks, so maybe this is pointing to some changes.
They’d already started work on Harmonius before the parks closure. I think this was just a normal part of a show‘s development, that you test out effects as you go.

If Disney wanted evening shows and fireworks to return they would do so. Clearly they don’t want them to return yet.

HouCuseChickie

They’d already started work on Harmonius before the parks closure. I think this was just a normal part of a show‘s development, that you test out effects as you go.

If Disney wanted evening shows and fireworks to return they would do so. Clearly they don’t want them to return yet.

Supposedly it was the first time since March that any fireworks had been seen over any park. I think that's why people are wondering if there's more to it.

nickys

Premium Member
Supposedly it was the first time since March that any fireworks had been seen over any park. I think that's why people are wondering if there's more to it.
Work stopped during the closure. It has now restarted.

I get it, people want the fireworks back and will clutch at anything that suggests they might return. They’ll be disappointed for some time yet is my guess, Based on the fact our insiders have said the same.

drew81

One would think Walt Disney Entertainment budgetary allocations for the next fiscal year are slashed.

Let that guide everyone’s thoughts on whether major entertainment offerings will be returning in the near future.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Bring on the nighttime hours and fireworks!! 😂

Disney’s official response...nothing is changing.

Walt Disney World Communications and Walt Disney World Resort

"We received the Governor’s executive order and are evaluating it to determine what it may mean for our business. We are not making any immediate changes. As a reminder, face coverings are still required at Walt Disney World Resort.”

Last edited:

Giss Neric

That certainly makes sense. Rural areas and less-developed countries, for better or for worse, were never going to receive any vaccine early on. This is why America could potentially be vaccinated by next summer while the pandemic world-wide is not predicted to end until 2022.
Kinda sucks cause you see these less-developed countries taking the pandemic really seriously and all are united for one mission yet they get the least priority.

DisneyOutsider

My guess is they're not going to bother bringing Epcot Forever back while they push ahead building out the new show. Not sure I'd count Once Upon a Time as a "nighttime spectacular"

jrhwdw

I assume a show at EPCOt and one at MK with Fantasmic staying at DHS. Nothing for AK? Are they abandoning the nighttime thing completely there? Seems like such a waste to build out the area around the lake not to use it.
Well Rivers Of Light: We Are One at DAK before COVID, along with Tree Of Life Projections. Maybe somthing really changed during COVID since we heard ROL was Dead a few months back?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I'd be surprised to see Fantasmic return in the first half of 2021. It's either a packed theater issue OR it may not be worth the production costs for a socially distant theater (and may not ve worth the costs of a full theater, if cash issues are a real thing).

drizgirl

I'd be surprised to see Fantasmic return in the first half of 2021. It's either a packed theater issue OR it may not be worth the production costs for a socially distant theater (and may not ve worth the costs of a full theater, if cash issues are a real thing).
I don't see Fantasmic coming back simply because that park routinely sells out their capacity for the day without it.

techgeek

I don't see Fantasmic coming back simply because that park routinely sells out their capacity for the day without it.

And there is the real issue. MK and Epcot's nighttime shows drive both a brand identity (fireworks over the castle) and a revenue opportunity in World Showcase dining and shopping, outside of their gate draws.

Is F! popular enough to contribute in a meaningful way to the HS gate? It's a 22 year old show that's well past needing a refresh that there's now no cash for. The company completely walked away from a much newer show at Animal Kingdom that took a fraction of the resources to stage. It's a nice bonus if the show is available, but it isn't making or breaking people's decision to commit a day there. If Galaxies Edge is enough on its own to make the Studios a must-do park, then what motivation does Disney have to bring F! back at all? The only logical argument is distributing nighttime crowds, but even pre-covid Epcot had plenty of capacity, and Harmonious will be the hot ticket as the new shiny for years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom