Oga's Canteen

dmw

In the Parks
No
Not sure how busy it is, or if ADRs are still needed, but I can tell you that the cantina is very cool! Take lots of pics and wander a bit to see all of the details. The non-alchoholic drinks are good, especially the Blurrgfire and Carbon Freeze. Pricy at $7 and $7.50 each, but fun to try and I found them very tasty. We went during the AP SWGE preview last year, and also on opening day for ROTR. ADRs were a must back then and the place was packed.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We've been 5 times now, always with an ADR. Even this past July when the park was pretty empty.

Drinks are fun and CMs have 'characters' that they are performing as they serve/prepare drinks. Cost is certainly high, but obviously we have enjoyed it and will likely go back again at some time. We have seen people able to get in walk-up, but I think it's pretty rare.

JohnD

We've been 5 times now, always with an ADR. Even this past July when the park was pretty empty.

Drinks are fun and CMs have 'characters' that they are performing as they serve/prepare drinks. Cost is certainly high, but obviously we have enjoyed it and will likely go back again at some time. We have seen people able to get in walk-up, but I think it's pretty rare.

I found it meh. I had a "reservation" for a walk up table with no stool. Yay! More standing. Two drinks with chips and dip. It's clever but not a must-do every time.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Scored a lunch ressie checking tonight. So my question, which is what speciality drink would someone recommend?

We've been 5 times now and tried all the drinks on the menu. I'm a beer guy, but I definitely wouldn't recommend the beers. They aren't bad, but they aren't special at all. For the mixed drinks, most are at least interesting and some are really excellent. I'm assuming you are going to be getting alcoholic drinks, right?

Fuzzy Tauntaun - unique experience with the numbing foam, but not all that great flavor-wise
T-16 Skyhopper - not bad, but half and half combined with Midori isn't really my style and an odd texture
Slugslinger - better than I expected, a little odd with the herbs, but good flavors
Jet Juice - solid. one of the better options IMHO - not all that spicy, but spice is there so be aware
Jedi Mind Trick - sour. good sour, but not incredibly special
Outer Rim - a margarita. kinda unique margarita, but still a margarita
Bespin Fizz - most likely my favorite and unique for sure
Yub Nub - if you are a Star Wars fan, the souvenir mug is great fun. drink is quite sweet, but not bad

Why on Earth have we gone 5 times and spent too much money for those drinks? Theming is fun, staff is (generally) excellent, and it is quite good escapism. Next trip we won't be going, but I expect we will the following trip.

BTW, the Batuu bits snack was surprisingly good and interesting (but quite a bit too much money for what you get).

Joel

We were lucky that we got to sit at the bar when we did it last trip. I'm a fan of Star Wars, but not the biggest fan of wasting money on extremely meh (at best) drinks. I'd go again if someone in my party hadn't done it before, otherwise one and done.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Anyone got a secret to getting a reservation here?

Right now, it's really difficult. It was already one of the harder reservations to get since the seating is pretty limited. With some of the tables and bar seating not currently available, it's gotten even more difficult. Spots open up from time to time, so keep checking. Also, I suspect that distancing rules/guidelines/practices will be changing soon which could open up spots.

sg1

Today was our arrival-60 days. Studios is our arrival+3 days park and I was able to get Oga's for 8pm. I wanted it for ~2-3pm, so I'll keep trying to change, but 8pm was all I could find.

Weather_Lady

We've only been to Oga's Cantina in Disneyland (which is identical to the WDW version), but even as huge Star Wars nerds who were in love with the decor and music, etc., the experience was an overpriced disappointment from the standpoint of the drinks and service.

Honestly, my best advice is to make an ADR, order the cracker-style "snack" or one beverage to share, tip your server well, spend 15 or 20 minutes enjoying the ambiance and walking around to check it all out, and then beat it out of there before you're tempted to spend another penny on the incredibly weak and crappy drinks.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom