Oga's Canteen

lukacseven

Today was our arrival-60 days. Studios is our arrival+3 days park and I was able to get Oga's for 8pm. I wanted it for ~2-3pm, so I'll keep trying to change, but 8pm was all I could find.
I went on at my 60 day at 6:00 AM EDT and there were no reservations for any of the 3 days I'll be at WDW, including the day I have scheduled to go to DHS. Hoping with the relaxation of COVID rules that they will open up to walk-ups or at least add more time slots.

Weather_Lady

I went on at my 60 day at 6:00 AM EDT and there were no reservations for any of the 3 days I'll be at WDW, including the day I have scheduled to go to DHS. Hoping with the relaxation of COVID rules that they will open up to walk-ups or at least add more time slots.

You might want to try the touringplans reservation finder tool -- if more reservations open up, it might be able to catch one for you. (The tool notifies you of the opening: you have to click through and actually make the ADR, before someone else does, so it can take a few times to succeed.) You have to have a touringplans account, but you can join at their basic level for free.

gmajew

Premium Member
You might want to try the touringplans reservation finder tool -- if more reservations open up, it might be able to catch one for you. (The tool notifies you of the opening: you have to click through and actually make the ADR, before someone else does, so it can take a few times to succeed.) You have to have a touringplans account, but you can join at their basic level for free.

Thanks and I am already spending a fortune on the trip what is a few More bucks.

Ghostdog

I’ve been trying a few times a day also for my end of July trip and have had no luck either. I’ll keep checking with hopes of snagging a cancelations or more reason become available.
Good Luck!

lukacseven

I see now at DL, Oga's is full on, no social distancing, full capacity, pre-pandemic operations. What about DHS? I'll even settle for walk-up wait list at this point.

Thanks for the tip Weather_Lady. I registered on June 9 with touring plans and haven't received any notifications of an opening yet. Hoping FL will expand operations like CA did.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I see now at DL, Oga's is full on, no social distancing, full capacity, pre-pandemic operations. What about DHS? I'll even settle for walk-up wait list at this point.

Thanks for the tip Weather_Lady. I registered on June 9 with touring plans and haven't received any notifications of an opening yet. Hoping FL will expand operations like CA did.
My guess is once they have the proper number of staff, and who wouldn't want to work there and pull in $100K in tips a year, they will open more slots/availability.

correcaminos

Keep watching yourself too. I had a TP in for Skipper's that never filled. I randomly looked the day before in the afternoon and saw it open. Skipper's had just opened a bunch of tables and I snagged one for our last day. TP never got to me on it as I assume they just didn't look fast enough?

lukacseven

Again, many thanks for the tip, Weather_Lady!!! Last night I got a notification from touringplans and was able to secure a reservation! It took 5 weeks of trying the MyDisneyExperience site daily and almost a full month before I got the notification that some spots opened up.

Weather_Lady

Again, many thanks for the tip, Weather_Lady!!! Last night I got a notification from touringplans and was able to secure a reservation! It took 5 weeks of trying the MyDisneyExperience site daily and almost a full month before I got the notification that some spots opened up.
Congratulations! I'm so glad it worked!

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
FYI, Disney opened up more reservations in August for Oga's from 8:00PM to 9:00PM if you're still looking or want to adjust to a later time.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
FYI - I went to Oga's on Sunday - it's back to "full capacity" so you're shoehorned in with everyone else. Not a pleasant experience IMO and you're limited to 45 minutes as well.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
FYI - I went to Oga's on Sunday - it's back to "full capacity" so you're shoehorned in with everyone else. Not a pleasant experience IMO and you're limited to 45 minutes as well.
This may sound strange but I prefer it packed in, it really gives the place a buzz. We went in January and there were 8 people in there it the atmosphere didn’t feel the same. I’ve never been told to leave after 45 minutes but it’s usually enough time to have a couple drinks.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
This may sound strange but I prefer it packed in, it really gives the place a buzz. We went in January and there were 8 people in there it the atmosphere didn’t feel the same. I’ve never been told to leave after 45 minutes but it’s usually enough time to have a couple drinks.
there's still a pandemic going on and I'm not comfortable being shoved into a space along the bar rail. Heck, I wasn't comfortable BEFORE the pandemic. They can add capacity without completely packing the place.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
there's still a pandemic going on and I'm not comfortable being shoved into a space along the bar rail. Heck, I wasn't comfortable BEFORE the pandemic. They can add capacity without completely packing the place.
Understood, I'm not going to argue about how you feel as far as the pandemic is concerned, but the expectation should probably be set by Disney, so I do fault them for lack of communication of capacity however, you enter at your own risk, especially considering its a tiny bar. If you've ever been pre-pandemic, you know what you're getting yourself into.

OG Runner

You can go inside, with a reservation. It's $50 for 2 drinks with tax+tip.

I thought it was "funny", (for lack of another term), I had breakfast reservations here. We were in line and they came out handing
out menus. That is when you find out the majority of the menu is drinks, as noted high priced drinks, and nothing you would be
having for breakfast, unless you have a drinking problem.

dmw

In the Parks
No
I thought it was "funny", (for lack of another term), I had breakfast reservations here. We were in line and they came out handing
out menus. That is when you find out the majority of the menu is drinks, as noted high priced drinks, and nothing you would be
having for breakfast, unless you have a drinking problem.
I think a LOT of people don't understand that Oga's is basically a bar. We looked at the menu even before making reservations so we also made separate plans for where to get a meal. But, even as non-alcohol drinkers, we had a lot of fun in Oga's. They have a very good assortment of non-alcoholic drinks.

aliceismad

I think a LOT of people don't understand that Oga's is basically a bar. We looked at the menu even before making reservations so we also made separate plans for where to get a meal. But, even as non-alcohol drinkers, we had a lot of fun in Oga's. They have a very good assortment of non-alcoholic drinks.
I mean, "cantina" = bar, doesn't it?

But I can see how people don't expect a highly themed alcohol-driven establishment in a Disney park.

ETA: Although Satu'li Canteen certainly serves food as the primary draw.

Rob562

I mean, "cantina" = bar, doesn't it?

But I can see how people don't expect a highly themed alcohol-driven establishment in a Disney park.

ETA: Although Satu'li Canteen certainly serves food as the primary draw.

From Oxford:

Canteen: "a restaurant provided by an organization such as a military camp, college, factory, or company for its soldiers, students, staff, etc."

Cantina: "(especially in a Spanish-speaking country or the southwestern US) a bar."

-Rob

OG Runner

I think part of my confusion came from them offering reservations. That had me thinking restaurant.
Also that they were offering them at 9:00am, didn't make me think bar. Luckily, I found out before we
even went in, and told the hostess.

Ghostdog

DD and I scored a 9:10am reservation for our upcoming trip, we wanted an evening reservation but jumped on what was available. We’re more into the experience than the drinks, especially in the a.m. We’ll opt for non alcoholic that early in the day.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom