The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ImperfectPixie

If you look at my boys you can tell they are brothers but my older ds has medium olive skin, dark brown eyes, dark brown hair and seems to have topped off at 5'7 1/2, my younger ds has white skin with freckles, bright red hair, blue eyes and is till growing 5'10". The thing they do have in common is neither one knock wood has ever had a bad sun burn. My younger ds did get in trouble the day he went to the lake without supervision and didn't put any sunscreen on all day. Thank goodness he came home with just a hint of pink on his shoulders and by hint you had to look for it.
The Irish blood in my boys is VERY prevalent...they're almost transparent! 😂 I'm a bear about sunscreen!

donaldtoo

DWifey and myself just finished watchin’ the first 4 episodes of the D+ version of “The Right Stuff”.
Never read the book, but, loved the 3+ hour ‘83 movie version of it...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull:
The D+ version just has way too much personal drama in it...not a fan of that...but, I am a fan of all the actual space program drama...!!!!!!!!!!! :D:hilarious:

Songbird76

My best friend was in WDW today!! I'm so jealous! But then, I don't think she's ever been there before, so I can't begrudge her this. Her husband was transferred to Florida in something like June? Maybe before that? I don't remember when exactly, but she refused to go with him in the middle of a pandemic, and wanted her daughter to be able to stay in her school as long as possible, so he went to Florida, she stayed in Colorado, and they've been going back and forth. Her daughter's school is on break now, so they went to Florida and she sent me some pics saying they had seen the main Mouse. It looked like they were in AK, because it was safari Mickey on a boat. I'm glad they finally got to go!

wdwfan4ver

My dad's parents were 5'7" and 5'. He's 5'5"

My mom's parents were 6'1 and 5'7". She's 5'4".

So I apparently got my height from my paternal grandmother and B got his from Mom's side.

Meanwhile, my aunt on my dad's side (who's like 5'2") married someone who was over six feet tall, so I'm dwarfed by all my cousins as well.
I do not have the height of my late uncle aka my mom's brother. He was 5 '10". He got the height from his dad. My mom had parents were 5 '6" and 5 '11". My mom is smaller than her mom at 5 '4" at her peak height.

I'm guessing without my shoes, I'm 5 '7". My younger brother is taller, but not a lot. He is half an inch or a full inch taller.

I have no idea on my dad's side, but were not tall. I know my dad lies about his height though. It is easy to explain. My dad has to lose weight, but not the amount would've been if his real height was known. To my understanding, his doctor's don't check for height and go by his word.

My dad wants to keep some extra weight because not all of it is fat. He is very strong person like in lifting over 250 pound cylinders. He was a high school athlete as a heavy weight wrestler aka 205 pounds and played fullback in High school American Football.

StarWarsGirl

It's crazy how genes get passed down! The women in my family (except for two of my aunts) tend to be petite. My father's six brothers are all also over 6'...the tallest is 6'5". I look like a perfect mix of my parents (aside from my hands and ears...I have my mom's stickie-outie ears, and my father's large hands)...if you put me next to either of them, there's a striking resemblance. My boys were the spitting image of me when they were 5 and under, but their looks are definitely leaning towards my father's side of the family as they grow up as their hair is staying lighter like theirs, while mine is a medium brown and my husband's was black. My younger son (K, 9yo), I think is going to be on the shorter side, but he's due for a big spurt in height...so we'll see.
I've been paying attention more to that lately.

My hair color, for instance, I always thought was my mom's. It's a very distinctive brunette. I have natural blonde in my hair. It's very apparent after I've been in Florida or to the beach. During the winter it darkens. I've actually had to explain to my black friends and Asian friends that no, I don't dye my hair, it's just multicolored on its own. Anyway, I thought I inherited it from Mom until I saw a younger picture of her and realized her hair was much darker and basically dark brown without highlights. Then two of my cousins on Dad's side randomly inherited it. I asked my grandma and she said my grandfather's sisters had my color hair. My dad and grandfather had much darker.

So now when people say my mom and I have the same hair, I'm like, "Uh, no, that's not her natural color." 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom