Politics Theme Park Reopening Guidelines to be released 10/20/20

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

George Lucas on a Bench

That's rallying? Seems pretty standard for Disneyland's PR in the pandemic telling everyone they're not reopening, but they want to. The interesting part is the ending. APs should all be refunded at this point if they haven't.

TP2000

That's rallying? Seems pretty standard for Disneyland's PR in the pandemic telling everyone they're not reopening, but they want to. The interesting part is the ending. APs should all be refunded at this point if they haven't.

Agreed. They certainly were blunt and blamed Sacramento for not being allowed to reopen anytime soon, which is the honest truth. No way to sugar coat that. Nor should they try.

But this isn't rallying AP's to do anything, except wait a bit longer to learn how refunds will be processed.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

Agreed. They certainly were blunt and blamed Sacramento for not being allowed to reopen anytime soon, which is the honest truth. No way to sugar coat that. Nor should they try.

But this isn't rallying AP's to do anything, except wait a bit longer to learn how refunds will be processed.

I'm definitely living in an entirely different world from these people that they'd read into this as "Rallying", seemingly taking offense to Disney's statements and posting screenshots of the Email on Tweeter to obviously generate some sort of controversy.

TP2000

I'm definitely living in an entirely different world from these people that they'd read into this as "Rallying", seemingly taking offense to Disney's statements and posting screenshots of the Email on Tweeter to obviously generate some sort of controversy.

It's a perfect reason why I'm not on Twitter. It's a super creepy echo chamber, of 180 characters or less.

PostScott

I hope my statement was taken as sarcastic... if not then I should probably work on it

TP2000

I hope my statement was taken as sarcastic... if not then I should probably work on it

Oh gosh no, I instantly got your statement as sarcastic.

I was just referencing the idiot on Twitter who branded this latest email from Disney as "rallying the passholders".

Disney isn't rallying us to do anything, except patiently wait for refund process instructions.

George Lucas on a Bench

No, you're really not resting your case with this junk. These are clickbait articles about fringe nuts. "A group of 100." Wow, you've convinced me. This is clearly the center of Covid Denial!

Sharon&Susan

Assuming that the majority of the population of OC is anti-mask, are Covid deniers, etc what do you think is causing it to be so widespread? It obviously isn't conservatism as majority of OC are factually not Trump supporters or even Republicans.

And if it's the biggest haven in California for such people, why then are 60% of the counties in California (by the standard of the state's tier system) are about equal with how OC is doing or doing a worse job addressing COVID?

cmwade77

In this post...

IOW, this...

View attachment 507728

trumps this...

View attachment 507731
So, in other words, Orange County simply needs to push testing in the poorest communities? Perhaps offer to pay everyone to get tested every day? After all, if everyone tests, then they would be above the average and get pushed down as well and have a lower positivity rate and by offering to pay (or get businesses to give them freebies like Hawaii is doing), then it would naturally attract the lower income levels and adjust the equity metric as well.

cmwade77

Any updates on the case, I assume it's wrapped up by now?
It finished yesterday, a ruling is expected by the end of the week, which with this judge could even mean Saturday or Sunday. Her last ruling came out on a Saturday, so it is very possible. The case was live streamed on Facebook by Sutton County due to overwhelming public interest and I would be extremely surprised if Newsom won in any shape or form. Not saying it can't or won't happen, but I would be surprised.

cmwade77

Assuming that the majority of the population of OC is anti-mask, are Covid deniers, etc what do you think is causing it to be so widespread? It obviously isn't conservatism as majority of OC are factually not Trump supporters or even Republicans.

And if it's the biggest haven in California for such people, why then are 60% of the counties in California (by the standard of the state's tier system) are about equal with how OC is doing or doing a worse job addressing COVID?
It is isn't that wide spread compared to other counties that are in lower tiers, the other counties that have made it to lower tiers have only done so by testing more people than the statewide average. Well you can only test more people if they are willing to be tested and most of OC is now very distrusting of the government, particularly at the state level, so they simply say no to getting tested.

cmwade77

No, Knott's is Rallying the troops though......

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So, in other words, Orange County simply needs to push testing in the poorest communities? Perhaps offer to pay everyone to get tested every day? After all, if everyone tests, then they would be above the average and get pushed down as well and have a lower positivity rate and by offering to pay (or get businesses to give them freebies like Hawaii is doing), then it would naturally attract the lower income levels and adjust the equity metric as well.
See, now why can't the public leaders in OC come up with these type of ideas? Doing this in a large scale manner across the county would push OC into Orange almost immediately and then into Yellow by December. Its not very complicated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom