News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
It makes sense why the delay between business hits and wanting to let the 50th and Rat be enough for a rebound year, but it does not change the fact that the Tron sect of fandom and that much general expectation of the public who go to high caliber theme parks are going to be dissapoonted in the wait by the time opening actually comes.
True, but if TRON 3 actually does come to fruition, the timing could be adventitious if the TRON light cycle run opens a few months before the theatrical release of TRON 3. Synergy I believe is the word :joyfull:

trainplane3

CJR

Tron WILL NOT open fall of 2021. The exterior will be completed to clean up the area (still tons of work to be done). December will end the construction on this project and it will be suspended until October 2021. The outdoor canopies will continue to go up during the winter and into 2021. Depending on how the economy and attendance goes construction will pick back up fall of 2021. Plan on Spring/Summer 2022 for an opening.

Any chance of the RR finishing up?

LAKESHOW DVCER

At least someone can reference their sources correctly:

And if I recall correctly, @Seanual757 was also reliable when it came to various milestones for the MK swing bridge (before and during construction). There may be more but I can't recall them.
Is the MK swing bridge you mentioned the Grand Floridi walkway? When will this be ready to use and walk from GF to MK?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
All of the "Jessica is Tom" conspiracy theories always make me laugh. (And for the record, it's comedically untrue).
So Tom’s pen name must be her cat then.

Regardless, even if it’s comedically untrue, they still shamelessly rip off this site and the information presented here.

Must be a total coincidence how things mentioned here become breaking news there very shortly thereafter.

Seanual757

At least someone can reference their sources correctly:

And if I recall correctly, @Seanual757 was also reliable when it came to various milestones for the MK swing bridge (before and during construction). There may be more but I can't recall them.

Any chance of the RR finishing up?

I do not see Disney spending the $$ to complete this anytime soon... I suspect early 2022 seeing how projects are going on hold and pushed back.

GimpYancIent

we are not part of the track replacement but I do not see Disney spending the $$ to complete this anytime soon...
Tron is on hold for various reasons, Fine! WDW needs to get the MK steam train track laid and the train running. It is a classic that needs to be operating. That classic train has more meaning and is more integral to the MK history than Tron can ever be.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I do not see if they still need to put down the new tracks for the train and any expense they can put off they will. With zero International Travelers able to come and from what it looks like Disneyland may not open until 2021. WDW is going to be in for a world of hurt financially for the rest of 2020, 2021, and well into 2022....

Except we've seen that to whatever reduced capacity the parks are set at... people will fill it (mostly) to capacity. Which means that, God willing, when a vaccine is widely distributed by Summer, then the Summer quarter will be making nearly a billion in profit again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom