News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Goofy Ninja

Picture what they could do with the different sections of a Star Wars resort. If it was a normally laid out resort for nonroleplayers.

They could do the different planets with different terrains from the films like a desert, a swamp, a snow, and a forest planet.

techgeek

I probably am just overthinking this, but I just keep wondering how basic day-to-day resort life will function in this format and environment.

Besides the lack of a pool, which is still mind-blowing to me (is there ANY hotel in this state that doesn't have a pool??)... What happens when you want to grab something from your car? Go for a morning jog? Get a pizza delivered? Meet with family or friends that aren't 'on the cruise'? See some sunlight? Go out for a midnight snack?

I know this thing isn't a hotel. It certainly doesn't look like a hotel. But, the 'wink wink nod nod' cruise conceit is only going to fly so far in a 24 hour operating day without people getting grumpy about having to 'beam down' every time they want a smoke break.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I probably am just overthinking this, but I just keep wondering how basic day-to-day resort life will function in this format and environment.

Besides the lack of a pool, which is still mind-blowing to me (is there ANY hotel in this state that doesn't have a pool??)... What happens when you want to grab something from your car? Go for a morning jog? Get a pizza delivered? Meet with family or friends that aren't 'on the cruise'? See some sunlight? Go out for a midnight snack?

I know this thing isn't a hotel. It certainly doesn't look like a hotel. But, the 'wink wink nod nod' cruise conceit is only going to fly so far in a 24 hour operating day without people getting grumpy about having to 'beam down' every time they want a smoke break.

It's only 44 hours.

Florida *can* get too cold to use the pool. How could people have ever existed, that could bear a Disney vacation without using a pool when the high is only 58 degrees?

People who fly in and don't have a car don't need to go to their car. Everything they have is in their room, which is the case with the SW Resort.

Sometimes people go two days without exercising. You can jog Monday morning. Check into SWR in the afternoon. Check out Wednesday morning. Jog Wednesday afternoon. That's only one day you didn't jog.

You mock the analogy to the cruise, but its true and it's there. During a cruise, you can't get Dominos to deliver. You can't visit your aunt in Tampa. You can't leave the boat for a snack at White Castle. Tho, I bet the cruise and SWR has plenty of pizza-like food and midnight snacks.

You *might* be able to see sunlight if the Batuu excursion is during the day (and you might meet up with your aunt from Tampa then). You might not see sunlight for two-three days at home when it's been raining for a few days.

Get the patch.

_caleb

Also, I'm not sure why people don't seem to get the "game" aspect of the Starcruiser experience. There won't be a lot of downtime during the one and 2-half day duration of the experience. There will be assignments, games to play, puzzles to work out, missions to go on, meals that are shows, etc. to keep guests busy during the first and third days, and SW:GE on the second day. It's not a hotel themed to Star Wars, it's a cruise in the Star Wars universe.

Star Wars swimming pool:
a9e3651c10b44e3c475a5e2cf41b642c933b704e_00.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It is going to be very interesting to see how it operates. I definitely think this is something that will evolve as they see how guests react to it.

kingdead

I don't get how this is supposed to involve kids. Kids have incredible amounts of physical energy, they get bored and scared easily, and they don't do well with the kind of structure that a rigid storyline would require. Mom and dad might want to pretend to be undercover Jedi agents or lounge in the cantina, but a kid under, say, ten is going to want to go do the lightsaber game for three hours in a row and they're not going to be happy to be told no. Most people's devotion to Star Wars immersion isn't going to outweigh their kids' needs.

Is there going to be a Younglings playroom like there are separate kids' facilities on a real cruise ship? Or is this understood to be a 10 and up experience (or, realistically, for adult fans only?)

corran horn

I don't get how this is supposed to involve kids. Kids have incredible amounts of physical energy, they get bored and scared easily, and they don't do well with the kind of structure that a rigid storyline would require. Mom and dad might want to pretend to be undercover Jedi agents or lounge in the cantina, but a kid under, say, ten is going to want to go do the lightsaber game for three hours in a row and they're not going to be happy to be told no. Most people's devotion to Star Wars immersion isn't going to outweigh their kids' needs.

Is there going to be a Younglings playroom like there are separate kids' facilities on a real cruise ship? Or is this understood to be a 10 and up experience (or, realistically, for adult fans only?)
My assumption is some of the activities will be similar to the ship portions of the Jedi Temple Challenge Star Wars youtube show.

JoeCamel

Lock 'em in the creche and collect them when you are done? Be a vacay for the parents

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Besides the excursion to SWL, which will eat up some time, there's the data pad (smart phone) games/quests. I'm sure like with any MMORPG, there will be role-playing quests. And more...

1602516352411.png

1602516374332.png

1602516404555.png

1602516451839.png

And most importantly, the one thing kids love more than anything else... Gambling!!!

1602516509852.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom