News Walt Disney World theme parks increase capacity but see longer waits and less physical distancing

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Could it also be that when they first opened many people were super scared to venture out and crowds came no where close to the reduced capacity limit. Now folks are experiencing covid fatigue and more are willing to risk going out.
I think it’s absolutely what it is. Which means things are going to get more “spreader” risky

Give it a test! More hours, some pyro and let's see.
That’s a terrible idea...they’ll probably do it.
There are a couple of factors at play. More people are attending, using more of the available capacity. And capacity has been upped at more than one of the parks to somewhere around 50% (it started off around 30% - 40% in some parks).
Don’t forget that it’s “Florida season” anyway...they are trained to avoid the summer and return when there are less tourists/more favorable weather

Notes from Neverland

tagoofy

In my experience today, all of the wait times are around 75% or less of what is posted and move along well. The issue is that due to distancing, they are letting the lines get far too physically long to operate safely. They’re going to have to find some way to limit the physical length of the lines or they’ll lose control of all of this. It will not be easy to turn people away from lines but they cannot be allowed to extend endlessly across the park.
If only there were a way to make a reservation for a time slot to come back to the ride later in the day and not have to be in line that whole time. ;) We could call it QuickPass.... nah, it'd never work. :rolleyes:

KBLovedDisney

Pandemic still happening, people getting sick and dying and the best thing we can do is social distance and wear masks...

but let's open up more places to 100% capacity! (<*Extra salty sarcasm here)

my gawd...

200.gif

note2001

living in florida this news refuels my anxiety
I hear you. I've been holding my mom hostage up here in New England, waiting for Florida's numbers to go down and she can safely return (she really isn't understanding hand washing, mask wearing, etc... so I do all the shopping for her). Every single time I think it's looking like she may be able to return home soon, Ronnie drops another bomb.

She may not get to leave until 2022 at this rate. For my own sanity I need her to go home, LOL. Love ya mom... but enough already.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Miami Dolphins cleared to go to full capacity at their 65000 capacity stadium - theme parks to follow?​

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if FL demanded WDW to triple their old pre-pandemic maximum capacity and then fine WDW if they don't fill it up to that capacity every day.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom