News Disney's Hollywood Studios July 2020 reopening reports

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
There was a whole post shared on a Facebook group about how this lady met D'Amaro for the first time and she told him that her family was so excited to ride ROTR for the first time, and D'Amaro said he loves it. He offered to ride with them and take them to the front of the line (they were boarding group 80 something) and when he got there......... It was down. So he left them with a FastPass for it later.

Seems like a nice guy. Actually cares about the guests.
and that's why the fans love the guy. AND it gives hope for the future of the parks having someone like that in charge of the whole division of the company.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I love the show.

But, it shouldn't be returning. Singing with a mask on is like coughing with mask on -- you should still cover your mouth. And I doubt the singing audience will do so.
The singing audience is required to wear masks, yes.

Frozen Singalong is Disney’s safest show to reopen. Minimal people onstage, and it’s a pretty decently sized theatre for distancing.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
The singing audience is required to wear masks, yes.

Frozen Singalong is Disney’s safest show to reopen. Minimal people onstage, and it’s a pretty decently sized theatre for distancing.

No. It is not.

There are thousands of churches keeping their congregations from singing, even when wearing masks because singing expels a lot more aerosols than talking. The plosive consonants of singing is equivalent to coughing, and singers don't cover their masked faces when singing. Plus, it's a lot of people all continuously taking deep breaths and belting out plosive after plosive.

Early superspreader incidents were church choirs.

In my diocese, churches will not be singing Silent Night or other carols this Christmas so as not to encourage the congregation to join in with the secluded soloist.

It. Is. Not. Safe.*

*If the audience isn't discouraged from singing

TrainsOfDisney

No. It is not.

There are thousands of churches keeping their congregations from singing, even when wearing masks because singing expels a lot more aerosols than talking. The plosive consonants of singing is equivalent to coughing, and singers don't cover their masked faces when singing. Plus, it's a lot of people all continuously taking deep breaths and belting out plosive after plosive.

In my diocese, churches will not be singing Silent Night or other carols this Christmas so as not to encourage the congregation to join in with the secluded soloist.

It. Is. Not. Safe.*

It shows you how much Disney cares vs. wants to act like they care. 2 outdoor theaters will sit empty while they use one of the indoor theaters. They could be doing the frozen show at beauty and the beast or Indy theaters if they wanted to be safe.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
It shows you how much Disney cares vs. wants to act like they care. 2 outdoor theaters will sit empty while they use one of the indoor theaters. They could be doing the frozen show at beauty and the beast or Indy theaters if they wanted to be safe.

Eh... outdoors isn't magic.

Would you want to be in an open air theater, with proper distancing, but everyone was constantly coughing without covering their masked mouths? I wouldn't. That's what an open-air singalong would be like as far as risk.

I'd happily go to an open air Fantasmic! But wouldn't if it turned into a singalong.

TrainsOfDisney

Eh... outdoors isn't magic.

Would you want to be in an open air theater, with proper distancing, but everyone was constantly coughing without covering their masked mouths? I wouldn't. That's what an open-air singalong would be like as far as risk.

I'd happily go to an open air Fantasmic! But wouldn't if it turned into a singalong.

Oh I’m with you. But an outdoor sing along is certainly safer than an indoor sing along.

I was always able to find a “socially distance” spot to watch fireworks at Epcot even with normal crowds. That’s a problem but sitting indoors with everyone singing isn’t it? Doesn’t make much sense to me.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Oh I’m with you. But an outdoor sing along is certainly safer than an indoor sing along.

I was always able to find a “socially distance” spot to watch fireworks at Epcot even with normal crowds. That’s a problem but sitting indoors with everyone singing isn’t it? Doesn’t make much sense to me.

I'd need to be over 15 feet from an singer to feel safe outdoors. That's sneezing territory.

Chomama

I really do not understand how they can justify this UNLESS the changes mentioned in the article include it not actually being a sing a long. Either way people will sing along because...frozen. Not a good choice Disney

techgeek

It's sort of slipped by under the radar, but of note that Epcot has been running the B&tB film sing-a-long since reopening. I'm not saying thats right (and I personally wouldn't attend a screening)... but they've already set their own precedent when it comes to encouraging guests to sing indoors.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's sort of slipped by under the radar, but of note that Epcot has been running the B&tB film sing-a-long since reopening. I'm not saying thats right (and I personally wouldn't attend a screening)... but they've already set their own precedent when it comes to encouraging guests to sing indoors.
Except nobody goes to that one, and those that do don't sing ;)
The Frozen one will be significantly more popular.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
No. It is not.

It. Is. Not. Safe.*

I didn't say it was safe. I said it was the SAFEST show to open. Specifically related to the actor's safety onstage.

The tourists are not safe ANYwhere at Disney. You assume all risk of the virus, as Disney states. If you're going with zero expectation of contracting the virus, then you're an idiot.

As far as distancing in the theatre, it's about as safe as Philharmagic, Muppet Vision, and It's Tough to be a Bug.

I guess I should have said it's the best "image safe" show for Disney to reopen.

Jon81uk

I didn't say it was safe. I said it was the SAFEST show to open. Specifically related to the actor's safety onstage.

The tourists are not safe ANYwhere at Disney. You assume all risk of the virus, as Disney states. If you're going with zero expectation of contracting the virus, then you're an idiot.

As far as distancing in the theatre, it's about as safe as Philharmagic, Muppet Vision, and It's Tough to be a Bug.

I guess I should have said it's the best "image safe" show for Disney to reopen.

As far as distancing in the theatre, it's about as safe as Philharmagic, Muppet Vision, and It's Tough to be a Bug. As long as the guests don't sing-a-long.

The show returning isn't the issue, it just needs a different name. Watch the performers sing without joining in.

JohnD

No. It is not.

It. Is. Not. Safe.*

Speak for yourself. @wdwmagic doesn't want a debate about churches. However, I will state factually that my church allows singing with masks on. So, please don't make stereotypical assumptions.

As for the masks themselves, yes, I will follow all rules and guidelines when in WDW. But they're meaningless. You'll wear masks everywhere, including walking into a restaurant. But when you sit down and remove your mask, there must be a "magical wall" around you preventing you from spreading it. At the time of engorging your food and gulping your drink, it's completely okay. But when you stand up, the wall disappears and the mask must be put back on. Similarly, talking, yelling, and shouting (outside of course) is apparently allowed but apparently not singing. Because singing has mystical properties of being a "super spreader" but guests in the parks walking around and make all kinds of noises outside don't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom