News Disney's Hollywood Studios July 2020 reopening reports

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Bob Iger and Josh were apparently spotted in HS today, specifically in MMRR

There was a whole post shared on a Facebook group about how this lady met D'Amaro for the first time and she told him that her family was so excited to ride ROTR for the first time, and D'Amaro said he loves it. He offered to ride with them and take them to the front of the line (they were boarding group 80 something) and when he got there......... It was down. So he left them with a FastPass for it later.

Seems like a nice guy. Actually cares about the guests.

disneygeek90

I know it’s obvious at this point, but these photos are eye opening. Both pictures taken around 1pm on a Sunday.
E9D00AA7-4015-4666-9916-7AD589C722A8.jpeg

6FB05303-51DB-4E3F-AE01-CD01723994DE.jpeg

djkidkaz

Went to studios today and my take:

Mickey, Millenium, Slinky and Rise are all pretty decent waits. 40+ minutes at each.

I logged into the boarding pass at 1 second pass 10am and got group 34 which had an estimated wait of 210 minutes. This process has to be randomly putting people in any group. I do not believe that after 1 second of the Join button being available that 33 groups had been given out already. My belief is that as people log in to Join it just randomly selects a boarding group and you get what you get, they are not given out in order like you would suspect. This probably makes the process much more reliable and less chance of crashing a system that would struggle to keep up with that many people at once logging on.

Everything on Rise was working today and looked great. I was happy to see all preshows going, it was the full experience with less people in each show scene with you.

Runaway Railway preshow is just set to exploded screen which is kind of lame to walk in and see it already “open”. This ride is the epitome of average.

Slinky queue is awful in this heat. They really should enclose the covered area to add in an air conditioned location of the queue.

Star Tours, Mania, Aliens were all pretty close to a walk on. Did not go to Sunset so I don’t know the situation at Tower and Coaster. Racing Academy has lots of downtime for just being a show with one animatronic car.

Lots of shops / dining were closed. Cheeseburgers at Backlot Express are not very good at all.

Piebald

I know it’s obvious at this point, but these photos are eye opening. Both pictures taken around 1pm on a Sunday.
View attachment 492671
View attachment 492672
I was at Universal Aug 23 and it looked just like the Jan 19 photo. I notice the walkways are a lot smaller there but good lord it was so bad this weekend were it not for free passes from a team member but I would have given my feedback to their survey team. It was awful.

disneygeek90

I was at Universal Aug 23 and it looked just like the Jan 19 photo. I notice the walkways are a lot smaller there but good lord it was so bad this weekend were it not for free passes from a team member but I would have given my feedback to their survey team. It was awful.
Universal has seemed a bit messy lately, I'm not sure what if anything they are doing to control capacity but it seems awfully busy on the weekends. The buy a day get a day promo must be working, but it's not a great guest experience when you expect a reduced and controlled capacity and several attractions are showing 100 min waits.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Well, it’s not really how we wanted to enter the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular theater after the COVID-19 pandemic shut down the parks, but the theater has reopened today. As a result of relying heavily on the Mobile Order system to encourage physical distancing, many quick service locations have large groups of guests waiting outside the entrance, waiting for their order to be readied."

"To allow for more social distancing, Disney has opened up a section of the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular theater to guests. The theater was already marked for social distancing as Disney had anticipated reopening the theme parks with physically distanced seating."

disneygeek90

"Well, it’s not really how we wanted to enter the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular theater after the COVID-19 pandemic shut down the parks, but the theater has reopened today. As a result of relying heavily on the Mobile Order system to encourage physical distancing, many quick service locations have large groups of guests waiting outside the entrance, waiting for their order to be readied."

"To allow for more social distancing, Disney has opened up a section of the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular theater to guests. The theater was already marked for social distancing as Disney had anticipated reopening the theme parks with physically distanced seating."

This should be a relaxation zone. Universal is using large theaters that gives you plenty of space to sit out of the sun and away from others. Most of Disney's zones are so small it doesn't even make sense.

Magic Feather

Has anyone gotten/found a clean recording of the queue soundtrack (namely the Chinese Theater lobby music, but also the load room music) yet?

ryan1

We were there Sunday and had a great time. We felt very safe with almost everyone following the distancing and face mask rules. We heard cast members several times telling guests to cover their noses with their masks or to make sure the mask was on. The parks seemed very well "controlled" to make it as safe as possible.

We rode Slinky twice, aliens, mania, and M&M railway all before lunch. After lunch we did star tours, tower, RnR, dance party, Slinky again, and finished with Rise before leaving at 6:30.

It was our first time on Rise so I don't know if any pre-shows or other parts of the ride were modified but overall it is a awesome ride.

JohnD

What's going on October 9-16 where DHS is blocked out to resort guests and ticket holders? But AP holders have access to all parks October 13-15? I've never seen it where AP holders get the better deal, even for several days.

olie64

What's going on October 9-16 where DHS is blocked out to resort guests and ticket holders? But AP holders have access to all parks October 13-15? I've never seen it where AP holders get the better deal, even for several days.

That is dead smack in the middle of fall breaks for schools in the north...im guessing that is playing into it.

Figments Friend

'Columbus Day Weekend'.
In the U.S., a three day weekend for many.

A quick hop to a favorite travel location is a common pastime for many.
Basically, the last 'long weekend of fun with the kids' folks in the Northeast can have before the cold weather hits later in October.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom