Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
True but not because of our ideological views.
In no way did I say that. If someone chooses not to follow a rule to wear a mask in a restaurant where it’s required because “he“ said so that’s a flaw. I know plenty of people who are firmly conservative and still follow the rules for mask wearing. All people regardless of profession can make bad decisions. That’s why I said flaws and all.

Miss Bella

Huh? So are you saying it wouldn’t surprise you if a nurse did not understand that masks are used to protect people from the wearer’s germs, primarily? I have worked in hospitals and that is a basic Piece of information right?
No, but it doesn’t surprise me that a healthcare worker wouldn’t wear one in public. The first few months of this pandemic masks weren’t even mandated. They still aren’t in a lot of states.

Lilofan

No, but it doesn’t surprise me that a healthcare worker wouldn’t wear one in public. The first few months of this pandemic masks weren’t even mandated. They still aren’t in a lot of states.
Healthcare workers who don't wear a mask in public is a disgrace. If ones I know did not wear one in public, I would call them out. My cousins who are doctors and nurses wear one while out in public.

Miss Bella

In no way did I say that. If someone chooses not to follow a rule to wear a mask in a restaurant where it’s required because “he“ said so that’s a flaw. I know plenty of people who are firmly conservative and still follow the rules for mask wearing. All people regardless of profession can make bad decisions. That’s why I said flaws and all.
I agree if a business mandates it than the rules should be followed and I believe the majority of people do. It’s the assumption that because you work in a certain profession you shouldn’t have the same concerns about personal freedom and government overreach.

Miss Bella

Healthcare workers who don't wear a mask in public is a disgrace. If ones I know did not wear one in public, I would call them out. My cousins who are doctors and nurses wear one while out in public.
How in the world would you possibly know who is a healthcare worker and who is not.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree if a business mandates it than the rules should be followed and I believe the majority of people do. It’s the assumption that because you work in a certain profession you shouldn’t have the same concerns about personal freedom and government overreach.
Yeah, I’m agreeing with you on that. Being a doctor or a nurse or a first responder doesn’t automatically make you act a certain way.

Miss Bella

Yeah, I’m agreeing with you on that. Being a doctor or a nurse or a first responder doesn’t automatically make you act a certain way.
Aren’t we all required to act a certain way when we’re on the clock. I don’t know how many people are defined by their profession outside of work. Geez I’d never be able to drink beer or eat fried food if that was the case.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

How in the world would you possibly know who is a healthcare worker and who is not.
First she walked into a business that required mask wearing to enter and was wearing a mask. She was aware that she should wear one in public. She chose to take it off and make an issue of it when all she had to do was stand there and wait for her food with the required mask on. You want her to pull it off and cause the workers to have to deal with that? Just do it and move on Karen.

Second - she said she was a nurse and added "i know so" in a half hearted voice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Bella

It's called getting to know your neighbors and some in the profession are in my family.
First she walked into a business that required mask wearing to enter and was wearing a mask. She was aware that she should wear one in public. She chose to take it off and make an issue of it when all she had to do was stand there and wait for her food with the required mask on. You want her to pull it off and cause the workers to have to deal with that? Just do it and move on Karen.

Second - she said she was a nurse and added "i know so" in a half hearted voice.
Ok then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom