Eddie Sotto's take on the current state of the parks (Part II)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Also, if the movie studio division is not micromanaged creatively, then why in the world is the theme park division micromanaged to oblivion?
The films make billions of dollars because their not creatively micromanaged.
Meanwhile, at TDO, the parks could have a higher potential income but only if they built a more variety of attractions vs. princesses, Star Wars, etc. Why is Toy Story Land not a Pixar land?
The best theme parks are the most well-balanced. Diversification is the key to successful investment in stocks. Why won't Disney do the same with their parks?

Because Bob thinks theme parks are stupid entertainment for stupid people

WDWTank

Because Bob thinks theme parks are stupid entertainment for stupid people
Which is another reason why Toontown Online should become a franchise. The villainous robot cogs are symbolic of their own past and current leadership trends.
Think about it, the world's first ride where guests are actually encouraged to bring their iPhone, tablet, with them onto the Ride vehicle. Using Augmented reality with their smart device, riders can choose from various Gags from the video game; pies, anvils, seltzer bottles, etc. They swipe the gags from their touch screen at animatronic cogs and simulated explosions occur after defeating the cogs :)
Not to mention no need for a height requirement:)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It would be for voting to control the board of directors ;)

If you look at share allocation activist investors have a snowball's chance in the hot place of making meaningful changes on the BoD. It's also why Disney holds it's shareholders meetings in East Armpit in God's Country so investors cannot physically show up and demand a seat so they can vote their shares.

WDWTank

If you look at share allocation activist investors have a snowball's chance in the hot place of making meaningful changes on the BoD. It's also why Disney holds it's shareholders meetings in East Armpit in God's Country so investors cannot physically show up and demand a seat so they can vote their shares.
Got it :)

rushtest4echo

Because proxy voters count less than people who walk into the room. Oh wait, that's actually not the case. :rolleyes:

But again, per the usual, your useless contribution to the discussion has not gone unnoticed.

This entire topic is the reason why I question the value of fandom and fan communities at all. People are just so desperate to tear everyone and everything down. It's sickening. Has ANYONE associated with TWDC for the past 50 years since Walt died been anointed for sainthood by people around here? Everyone's a sellout, everyone's been crushed by the machine. Everyone's a shill. Everyone who has disagreements within the business is a hero if they leave. Everyone who's been forced out is a martyr, unless that person was a sellout before being forced out. So much axe grinding. And it looks as if people found a former WDI guy to help them along.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Shrewd move to avoid that pesky 100% profit.

I would have kept it if I did not think it was going to zero in the next 3-5 years.

And before someone trots out the tired ford thinks WDW is going to close, No the business units outside of cable networks are doing fine.

TWDC will fail because of instead of cutting the cable properties loose while they are still worth something Disney will double down on 'saving market maker status' on cable and bankrupt the company doing do.

Reality is cable bundling is going the way of the buggy whip.

Parks and Studios will continue under new ownership. TWDC as a corporate entity will be no more. ABC who knows considering they are the ratings basement dwellers, cable propertes who knows

rushtest4echo

^
Disney's market cap: 177 Billion Dollars
Disney's stated tangible assets: 69 Billion Dollars
Disney's Media Networks Revenues: 6 Billion Dollars per quarter

Yeah, that unit under performing by 11% will totally dissolve the entire company. :hilarious:

raymusiccity

^
Disney's market cap: 177 Billion Dollars
Disney's stated tangible assets: 69 Billion Dollars
Disney's Media Networks Revenues: 6 Billion Dollars per quarter

Yeah, that unit under performing by 11% will totally dissolve the entire company. :hilarious:

Yup. Not that anyone has a crystal ball, but Disney has always been a sound investment. It looks like the days of shares splitting are gone, but going from $42.00/share to today's $119.00, isn't too shabby!

lazyboy97o

Necromancy!

Unfortunately Eddie has not returned. Instead of creating a new thread, I decided to bump this one because it is such a great artifact that I am sure many newer members did not know exists and some may have even forgotten. Also, more importantly, Eddie was the guest on the latest episode of the Themed Attraction podcast and it’s a great interview. He’s as energetic as ever and it’s a great listen.

Back in April, Eddie also appeared on the Season Pass Podcast. It too is a good listen, but a bit stiffer, for lack of a better word.

brb1006

Necromancy!

Unfortunately Eddie has not returned. Instead of creating a new thread, I decided to bump this one because it is such a great artifact that I am sure many newer members did not know exists and some may have even forgotten. Also, more importantly, Eddie was the guest on the latest episode of the Themed Attraction podcast and it’s a great interview. He’s as energetic as ever and it’s a great listen.

Back in April, Eddie also appeared on the Season Pass Podcast. It too is a good listen, but a bit stiffer, for lack of a better word.

I remember lessening to the Season Pass Podcasts a couple times in the past.

Eddie Sotto

Premium Member
Hey now! .. .Just stopped in to say hello and give you some info. You can stay in touch via the press link at sottostudios.com. I'm also a Blooloop.com author, so you can read the latest editorials on the industry. The sottostudios.com podcast button has podcasts has Season Pass, Cars that matter, Quarantined Creatives, themed attraction and monorail news. the press link on our site has latest Covid19 solutions and futureproofexperiences.com. We also launched wackysoapbopxracers.com which covers my time at Knott's. On Twitter, there's mostly Disney stuff which is @boss_angeles. So I'm still out there but in new ways and formats...thanks for the interest..

owlsandcoffee

Hey now! .. .Just stopped in to say hello and give you some info. You can stay in touch via the press link at sottostudios.com. I'm also a Blooloop.com author, so you can read the latest editorials on the industry. The sottostudios.com podcast button has podcasts has Season Pass, Cars that matter, Quarantined Creatives, themed attraction and monorail news. the press link on our site has latest Covid19 solutions and futureproofexperiences.com. We also launched wackysoapbopxracers.com which covers my time at Knott's. On Twitter, there's mostly Disney stuff which is @boss_angeles. So I'm still out there but in new ways and formats...thanks for the interest..

Cheers, Eddie. Exciting stuff! :)

Eddie Sotto

Premium Member
Necromancy!

thanks for the promo! I try to find different angles and attitudes for the same questions so the audience is not entirely bored.

Animaniac93-98

We appreciate the posts and podcasts Eddie!

I feel it's important to put the expert opinions of yourself, Tom Morris etc out there, not just to document the interesting tidbits of what was done in the past, but to remind fans of themed entertainment about the importance/potential of the industry. With some of Disney's recent projects it feels like the knowledge that was collected and past down was forgotten, but you help to remind us that it is still out there for others to learn. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom