News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

JoeCamel

Do we think that's the room's outer wall and they're going to enclose the entire building in another layer with the screens in front of these windows?

My guess is this is the real outside wall, that those windows are there for emergency egress/rescue. That in the rooms there will be a false wall creating a technology layer between the real outside wall and the interior one.

A better question might be, how large is that technology layer? Is it an entire hallway with maintenance access, or just a space accessed through panels in the room? I can see how a large space would make maintenance easier, but consume lots of room. While a panel access would require disrupting the room if something breaks. Why does my space view show a text dump instead of a view?

Either way, I would bet counting the number of window opening matches the floor plan number of rooms. It might be two rooms for the pairs, with the room dividing wall centered on the double hole. I didn't search back to count the plans.

I would also bet that the outer hole doesn't line up with the inner video display, but instead with a panel disguised as part of the wall. In a rescue event, we wouldn't want fire fighters having to break through electronics blocking access, but just an "easy" to clear access panel.
If this is lined with tech think of the cooling units needed to keep it functioning How many rooms? Anyone know?
Was it ever disclosed what the problem with FoP was? Cooling?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They’re going to have to do a whole marketing campaign around this to fight preconceived notions about what it is and isn’t. I recommend: “Natahotel!”

Well, if FP+ comes back, they can make it so that you can't schedule them during your days at the SW Hotel. That should wake some people up.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Technically..... Millennium Falcon has a ramp for entry on the ship as seen in the movies.....

Sorry, it was a reference to a previous running gag about someone complaining over and over that guests can't actually walk up that ramp.

It's why I think all the 'mountain' rides are awful because I can't climb several hundred feet up first.

Buried20KLeague

Coming soon to Disney+ NatGeo... Free Solo: Mexico Pavilion

Been there, done that.

1600711851431.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom