News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

waltography

I completely forgot about this existing in the last few months, and the last place I'd want to be in the near future is a landlocked cruise ship.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You do realise companies like Disney have that type of equipment on permanent rental don’t you?

Yeah, Disney keeps a couple extra man-lifts on site :) Posting this now because I just stumbled across it.

1597365744306.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That location is Sunbelt’s on-site “store” for Disney’s exclusive use...it’s actually owned by United Rental’s, but, when sunbelt was awarded the contract from WDW, they agreed to lease the spot from United.

Makes sense. There are also a couple contractors that have trailers and storage in that area.

GimpYancIent

Well they have to name it something to differentiate the idea... because it's not just a hotel. Its a live in themed experience
With the COVID rules as they are being enclosed in the Galactic Cruiser will make it a Star Wars bubble experience. Potential cost may make it a rare experience for some but for the fans it will make great memories. Looking forward to its opening.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There hasn’t been on any leaked plans IIRC. Not really sure why they wouldn’t have at least a smallish pool to allow for recreational options while staying there.

If you're not there for the two-day recreation of a massive live action role-playing experience, you shouldn't be going. It'd be like looking for a poker game in the Magic Kingdom.

mmascari

Do we think that's the room's outer wall and they're going to enclose the entire building in another layer with the screens in front of these windows?

My guess is this is the real outside wall, that those windows are there for emergency egress/rescue. That in the rooms there will be a false wall creating a technology layer between the real outside wall and the interior one.

A better question might be, how large is that technology layer? Is it an entire hallway with maintenance access, or just a space accessed through panels in the room? I can see how a large space would make maintenance easier, but consume lots of room. While a panel access would require disrupting the room if something breaks. Why does my space view show a text dump instead of a view?

Either way, I would bet counting the number of window opening matches the floor plan number of rooms. It might be two rooms for the pairs, with the room dividing wall centered on the double hole. I didn't search back to count the plans.

I would also bet that the outer hole doesn't line up with the inner video display, but instead with a panel disguised as part of the wall. In a rescue event, we wouldn't want fire fighters having to break through electronics blocking access, but just an "easy" to clear access panel.

Aries1975

Do we think that's the room's outer wall and they're going to enclose the entire building in another layer with the screens in front of these windows?

My guess is this is the real outside wall, that those windows are there for emergency egress/rescue. That in the rooms there will be a false wall creating a technology layer between the real outside wall and the interior one.

A better question might be, how large is that technology layer? Is it an entire hallway with maintenance access, or just a space accessed through panels in the room? I can see how a large space would make maintenance easier, but consume lots of room. While a panel access would require disrupting the room if something breaks. Why does my space view show a text dump instead of a view?

Either way, I would bet counting the number of window opening matches the floor plan number of rooms. It might be two rooms for the pairs, with the room dividing wall centered on the double hole. I didn't search back to count the plans.

I would also bet that the outer hole doesn't line up with the inner video display, but instead with a panel disguised as part of the wall. In a rescue event, we wouldn't want fire fighters having to break through electronics blocking access, but just an "easy" to clear access panel.

I imagine the emergency fire exits "themed" to an air lock door. Obviously, we know that the exit does not go into the vacuum of space, but for the illusion of the simulation. The fire code probably requires a secondary egress if the door to the hallway is in anyway electrically powered. (Yes, I am aware the auto-sliding doors is more of a StarTrek thing.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom