A sequel? Nah, not this one

DCLcruiser

Of the parks could have sufficient capacity to allow guests on most days to experience 1 ½ to 2 attractions per hour and that sort of running around or pre-planning would be unnecessary.
I mean, I can go to Universal and IOA and ride everything I care about in one day, especially with the Express Pass, without any planning other than "go to HP first."

To you maybe. I don’t like having to wake up at 7 o’clock 60 days before my trip while I have other commitments in my normal life. And if you don’t stay on property, the hard to get Fast passes are likely gone.
I usually don't stay on property, and at 30 days out you can still get good FP or at least the mid-tier, and then you rope drop the big one. 60 days is nice, but even then, your first day is someone else last day and they get FoP, etc. One morning early, pick ok stuff, then you can go back in leisurely anytime to update, change times, grab something new that wasn't available before. I also don't see a need for Hoppers anymore, since I consider all 4 parks full day, or full enough to stay until dark. So FP+ let's me plan all 4 days and I'm done.

Chi84

Premium Member
There's something nice about planning before the trip, then going in each day knowing you already have 3 FP in your pocket and can plan accordingly (or modify while in a standby line on your phone) vs having to run around like a crazy person grabbing FP tickets...and then the ticket machine stopped working.
This is so true. Epcot was always an evening park for us, and we were never able to get FP tickets for Soarin' or Test Track because they were all sold out by the time we got there. We also like to visit AK in the evenings, so it was nice to know we had FOP fast passes for those evenings. I do reserve them at 60 days, but have never had to wake up early.

This is something that depends heavily on individual preferences in vacations - people want what's best for them and will rarely agree with someone who vacations differently.

Phil12

TWDC realizes that the current pandemic is on a slow burn and will continue to impede their business until such time as a safe and effective vaccine hits the market. They also realize that this has all happened before and that it will all happen again. The only question is when it will again happen. TWDC knows that a double pandemic is a real possibility, therefore they're going to play it safe for the foreseeable future and just work on completion of existing projects and doing the re-theme of Splash Mountain. I got my flu shot today just to be safe.

Brer Oswald

TWDC realizes that the current pandemic is on a slow burn and will continue to impede their business until such time as a safe and effective vaccine hits the market. They also realize that this has all happened before and that it will all happen again. The only question is when it will again happen. TWDC knows that a double pandemic is a real possibility, therefore they're going to play it safe for the foreseeable future and just work on completion of existing projects and doing the re-theme of Splash Mountain. I got my flu shot today just to be safe.
They came out with a statement yesterday. For the foreseeable future, the Star Wars hotel, Runaway Railway at DCA, And Avengers Campus are the construction priorities. No mention of Splash or the additional Epcot expansions (beyond Guardians and Rat which are on track for completion). Development on those more than likely won’t start until things begin to return to normal.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Even Splash Mountain may well be on a medium-term (vs short term) track. Were I to venture a guess, based on this week they also have other geo-political problems a-brewing too that will be cause for concern and necessitate playing it safe financially in the future (see: Mulan).

ELG13

There's something nice about planning before the trip, then going in each day knowing you already have 3 FP in your pocket and can plan accordingly (or modify while in a standby line on your phone) vs having to run around like a crazy person grabbing FP tickets...and then the ticket machine stopped working.
Oh yeah totally!! But for that trip we had it down to a science and just jumped between splash and thunder....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They came out with a statement yesterday. For the foreseeable future, the Star Wars hotel, Runaway Railway at DCA, And Avengers Campus are the construction priorities. No mention of Splash or the additional Epcot expansions (beyond Guardians and Rat which are on track for completion). Development on those more than likely won’t start until things begin to return to normal.

Those were just for example. WDW is still working on TRON, and PLAY! in addition to Costmic and Rat, and they weren't mentioned.

Brer Oswald

Those were just for example. WDW is still working on TRON, and PLAY! in addition to Costmic and Rat, and they weren't mentioned.
Tron, Guardians, And Rat are practically done.

Play is a bit of an enigma. It started construction awhile ago and was supposed to open next year right? But I don’t see an attraction of that caliber working in the pandemic, or even in the immediate post pandemic world.

Moana, Poppins, Spaceship Earth And Splash haven’t started construction. I don’t see any reason why we should be led to believe they are higher on the priority list, especially when Martin is saying that they are looking at shifting their plans for Future World’s spine.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Tron, Guardians, And Rat are practically done.

Play is a bit of an enigma. It started construction awhile ago and was supposed to open next year right? But I don’t see an attraction of that caliber working in the pandemic, or even in the immediate post pandemic world.

Moana, Poppins, Spaceship Earth And Splash haven’t started construction. I don’t see any reason why we should be led to believe they are higher on the priority list, especially when Martin is saying that they are looking at shifting their plans for Future World’s spine.

Poppins is explicitly indefinitely delayed. SSE is also temporarily delayed.

I just think you're reading too much into the list of projects mentioned as a blueprint of all future development.

Brer Oswald

Poppins is explicitly indefinitely delayed. SSE is also temporarily delayed.

I just think you're reading too much into the list of projects mentioned as a blueprint of all future development.
Not really. I’m just using common sense. Projects that have already begun construction are obviously the priority, while projects that haven’t are not. Doesn’t mean those other projects aren’t happening. Their time will come once the dust settles a bit and things start to return to normal.

Brer Oswald

I feel like Splash will go sooner then everyone thinks especially in DL. Unless they are ripping out Zip just to remove it right away.
Let’s not turn this into one of those discussions.

But regardless, removing a song from a loop isnt a great indication of when construction is going to begin, especially since it wasn’t the only one.

Surferboy567

Let’s not turn this into one of those discussions.

But regardless, removing a song from a loop isnt a great indication of when construction is going to begin, especially since it wasn’t the only one.

Your right, I didn’t mean to turn it into one of those discussions. I just felt it was relevant with Splash being brought up earlier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom