News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

UpAllNight

It’s after 2021 I fear for. After Tron, Guardians and Rat we have nothing in the works, and it doesn’t feel like Disney are anywhere close to being in the mindset to green light new attractions. A lean half decade atleast awaits.

Jones14

It’s after 2021 I fear for. After Tron, Guardians and Rat we have nothing in the works, and it doesn’t feel like Disney are anywhere close to being in the mindset to green light new attractions. A lean half decade atleast awaits.
That’s why I wouldn’t be surprised to see something pushed back to 2022. Guardians seems like the most obvious choice; Rat is almost done and Tron is likely going to be the focus of the 50th anniversary.

Surferboy567

That’s why I wouldn’t be surprised to see something pushed back to 2022. Guardians seems like the most obvious choice; Rat is almost done and Tron is likely going to be the focus of the 50th anniversary.

I’m not expecting much...but isn’t that always how it is? Then D23 comes along. Obviously, this is different because of COVID but still.

doctornick

I’m not expecting much...but isn’t that always how it is? Then D23 comes along. Obviously, this is different because of COVID but still.

I think the biggest question will be Universal. Epic Universe is now off the table for a few years, but if the Nintendo stuff opens in Studios instead and if the 3rd gate ends up being built for sometime in the 2020's, I don't see how Disney can just ignore that and not do anything of significance.

Surferboy567

I think the biggest question will be Universal. Epic Universe is now off the table for a few years, but if the Nintendo stuff opens in Studios instead and if the 3rd gate ends up being built for sometime in the 2020's, I don't see how Disney can just ignore that and not do anything of significance.

Definitely, Mario Kart and Nintendo as a whole even makes me excited as a gamer. I’m not exactly a Uni fan.

We do know something though:

1.) Their has to be SOMETHING in terms of news coming since we don’t know anything about the 50th. This is even more important because of COVID and the relaunch.

2.) As of now, next year’s D23 is happening and will probably bring at least one announcement of worth.

Surferboy567

Just had a thought if Rat was going to open this year wouldn’t they have announced it already?

I get COVID throws a wrench in the plans and all that but we are in September already.

EDIT: On second thought, it could be a bad PR move though.

Magic Feather

That’s my question: would Rat opening draw more people to travel to WDW and stay in the resorts? I don’t really know (it would certainly do it somewhat but the question is to what extent). If it would increase resort bookings and help Epcot hit capacity caps regularly (without negatively affecting the other parks’ attendance) then it would seem foolish to not open as soon as possible. The cost of running the extra rides/area seems marginal in the grand scheme of things.

And when things go back to “normal” hopefully sometime next year, they can still use Rat (and Mickey) as a “new” attraction for advertising given how few people will have passed through the gates to ride them. Plus they’d still have two new big rides opening in 2021, maybe a new night show and maybe even a (borrowed) light parade to advertise. I think opening Rat now to spread that out more makes sense.
Mickey appears to have been deemed past its marketing prime already. Usually attractions have a ~3-4 month window where they can be the “star” of ads, and Mickey missed it due to the pandemic. Disney doesn’t want to squander that window for Rat.

Brer Panther

What about the Splash Mountain retheme?

DVCakaCarlF

I think a new leadership structure is holding up a lot of announcements...Iger finally walking away, Chapek getting the trust of the board, Josh being given reign.

_caleb

Mickey appears to have been deemed past its marketing prime already. Usually attractions have a ~3-4 month window where they can be the “star” of ads, and Mickey missed it due to the pandemic. Disney doesn’t want to squander that window for Rat.
Maybe they should just have a do-over; close MMRR immediately and then reopen next April. Like taking a Mulligan.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Disney Marketing will push for everything they can in 2021. Put all the eggs in one basket and open as much as possible with an ad budget with remaining cash to push people to come back to Disney. This is what it will take. It’s what I would do...

DVCakaCarlF

I don’t think so...I see them “releasing” new attractions every so often to keep things in the news cycle. Most news outlets don’t know or can’t tell the difference in timing.

ToTBellHop

Perhaps they could have an extended soft opening of Rat and then grand open once there is a vaccine, presumably Spring Break season. I seem to recall Mission:Space having a 2+ month soft opening. It would attract those who need a gentle nudge but were already considering a trip without promoting a tremendous influx. I struggle to imagine Disney just sitting on a finished ride of Epcot’s middling numbers continue, especially if COVID-19 numbers continue to fall and the other parks see a rise in attendance.

This may time out nicely for Disney having several new e-tickets next year to market as “We are back and better than ever!”

michmousefan

Disney's new fiscal year starts October 4th FWIW. But I suspect you are right.
I won't guess that they are opening this fall until I see the posted hours for WS return to a 9pm close. Can't imagine they would open a new attraction (and the crowds it would attract) and still close at 7pm. I hope I'm wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom