News Holidays 2020 at Walt Disney World

JustInTime

A vaccine won’t impact Christmas week. Even if one works and is approved in the late fall it still needs to be distributed and people need to get vaccinated. High risk and first responders first then the general public afterwards. The leading candidates all require 2 vaccinations 3 to 4 weeks apart too so even if you started vaccinations as early as Dec (which is not likely) you won’t have everyone done until probably end of March. The best hope for WDW and a vaccine is probably that they salvage Spring Break 2021 by relaxing restrictions by then. More conservative view would be they can ease up on restrictions by the summer season. All of that is based on a vaccine working and the trials to have a positive outcome.
Yep in my head I’m thinking late summer 2021!

CJR

HS will probably have rotating holiday scenes over ToT again this year. They could do the same with the Chinese Theatre. Just project random holiday images over it and the side buildings also. Just no show.

I was expecting something like that, but they did not confirm those things along with the other stuff.

It would be a nice touch though and they could easily announce them later on. Today's announcement is more in line with the Dream Lights installation since they would have to get started right about now. Projections can come on, almost, with a "flip of the switch" in comparison.

Touchdown

I never knew about this! Thanks for letting me know, might have to make a trip up there for that

It’s an extremely accurate replication.

03D84576-8444-42FC-9E46-8903FE40255E.jpeg
8AFA7A64-CB7E-4C93-AE53-C0FBBD28F627.jpeg
252EE046-FA64-459A-801E-5C55F769973C.jpeg
107CC0DF-78B0-45AC-913F-AF0C484CAC19.jpeg
0E905A88-8687-48BE-8491-EA83BDC8E87B.jpeg
7E934590-F9D5-4823-A6F1-8927E7D7F11B.jpeg

Attachments

• 2A5D0D19-72B6-4CE0-844F-189B9249871A.jpeg
    2A5D0D19-72B6-4CE0-844F-189B9249871A.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 84

JohnD

Oh! Just figured it out. Once Upon A Christmastime. Yeah, no.

It looked like Memorandum Of Understanding And Contract Termination or something like that. (I work in state government so am exposed to the acronym MOU at least, frequently.)

note2001

Hmm. I suspect too many people have been crushed by lack of anything to do this spring/summer that they think what Disney is offering here is beyond expectations. What they're doing is minimal.

Disney is offering us the pleasure of spending money on seasonal merch and munch in stores decked out for the holidays. Oh boy!

You know what would make me a little happier? Hours of operation. Oh... and a return of park hopping, even if it is only allowed post 3pm.

rowrbazzle

You get the decorations, Christmas projections, and some mini-Christmas parades. Normally you only get one of those unless you pay extra for a party. You also don't have MK being closed early for upcharge events more days than not. In exchange, you lose special castle lights and a show at Epcot. I dunno, this feels like a win for guests. If I was waffling, this would make me more inclined to visit this Christmas. The biggest question would be the hours.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You get the decorations, Christmas projections, and some mini-Christmas parades. Normally you only get one of those unless you pay extra for a party. You also don't have MK being closed early for upcharge events more days than not. In exchange, you lose special castle lights and a show at Epcot. I dunno, this feels like a win for guests. If I was waffling, this would make me more inclined to visit this Christmas. The biggest question would be the hours.
If the hours don’t change MK will actually close the same time 7 days a week then it did on select nights during MVMCP. With park hopping in the past you could at least go to EPCOT or DHS or even AK (with the Pandora addition) at night when MK closed early. I think it’s a pretty decent attempt by Disney to offer some sort of holiday magic given the limitations but I wouldn’t call it a win over the past offerings. Just my opinion.

Disney Analyst

yeah I have that same concern. I don't really see any safety reason why they could not have been displayed without the Frozen show.

I wonder if this was planned all along? They would have needed to redo all the light strings to match the new colour scheme for the castle, and I wonder if that was either not ever going to happen, or was cut to save money after the closure happened?

raymusiccity

“When night falls”. All 1-2 hours of it. Give me at least until 10 pm...
So, has there been any clues as to what the actual nighttime hours might be ? I guess it will get dark around 6:00pm. Closing times around 11:00 would be great to allow for all of the other activities being cancelled ! :angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom