News Holidays 2020 at Walt Disney World

brb1006

MK has not been the same during the season to me since they quit using the wreath garlands across main street, those were quintessential Disney to me at one time. And all at the expense for that disjointed festival of fantasy parade. The oversize wreaths on brackets on the sides just dont cut it. And epcots decor has diminished year by year down to nearly nothing, so Im not expecting much of anything there this year either, its mainly just a seasonal overlay of the foodandwine. I bet they cut back on decor even more this year from parks to resorts, will see.
Yeah, the removal of the Wreath Garlands post-Festival Of Fantasy is the only thing that's missing which made MVMCP extra special. Sure there's reefs around Main Street, but the Wreath Garlands made the Christmas Experience more complete. Hopefully once WDW actually gets a new daytime parade that doesn't have floats as tall as Maleficent and the final air balloon float with Mickey and Minnie. Then hopefully those garlands might return in the future.

11293438875_06f102a28c_b-Medium-1.jpg

1e3a1a15887ef3a6515c30c7011db0eb.jpg

Last edited:

Clamman73

I was wondering about New Years? Will they still have the decorations up after the 30th? We are suppose to come 31st through the 3rd and have never been at that time of year. I know hours will Be short but so should crowds as I’m sure they will still have lowered capacity.
I think (and hope) they‘re just including the “holiday decor” into that 11/6-12/30 timeline to make it all sound grand...it’s really the special cavalcade/santa appereance/special treats etc that’s within that time frame.

I‘m supposed to be at MK on nov 6th so i’m looking forward to the vloger/blogger fest...but also there on the 4th so I’m hoping the decorations are up by that day.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Sad to have no Candlelight this year, but thrilled for Voices of Liberty returning!

Now, if we could just get DL to open one of these years... in any season...

TTA94

Yeah, the removal of the Wreath Garlands post-Festival Of Fantasy is the only thing that's made MVMCP extra special. Sure there's reefs around Main Street, but the Wreath Garlands made the Christmas Experience more complete. Hopefully once WDW actually gets a new daytime parade that doesn't have floats as tall as Maleficent and the final air balloon float with Mickey and Minnie. Then hopefully those garlands might return in the future.

View attachment 496316

View attachment 496315

Unfortunately I don’t think Festival of Fantasy was the only cause of the garlands demise. Paris still has garland and a Maleficent float.

JustInTime

Yeah, the removal of the Wreath Garlands post-Festival Of Fantasy is the only thing that's made MVMCP extra special. Sure there's reefs around Main Street, but the Wreath Garlands made the Christmas Experience more complete. Hopefully once WDW actually gets a new daytime parade that doesn't have floats as tall as Maleficent and the final air balloon float with Mickey and Minnie. Then hopefully those garlands might return in the future.

View attachment 496316

View attachment 496315
I’d rather have the garland than the parade during December. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Tom P.

“When night falls”. All 1-2 hours of it. Give me at least until 10 pm...
1-2 hours is being generous, unless Disney does not continue the reduced hours into November.

Even during the "shortest" days of the year, the earliest it is dark is 5:30 p.m. and right now Disney is closing up the Magic Kingdom at 6 p.m. each day. Now, I hope that since they are planning something that has to be viewed after dark, they are also planning to stay open later during the holidays. But that's certainly not a guarantee.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You're making the assumption that the parks will be open later. Disney has omitted any mention of park hours from their announcement.

MK will have to be open later in order to show castle projects at night. So, yes, MK at least, will be open later.

BWDVCkidsince96

Sigh. Nothing catastrophic in this announcement. Still just a downer for some reason. Mostly seems like cost cutting. No reason they can’t have physical distancing around gingerbread houses. 🙄 we ain’t stoopid

Father Robinson

I'll be the one person fine with no Dreamlights. They look awful during the day
I've been wondering for a while how they'd look with the new pink and dark blue scheme. I seriously doubt they'd be as subtlety blended into the architecture as they were before. I was actually thinking they'd be looking pretty awful during the day starting this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom