Whoopimecalit Forever? Thankfully no...

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
So a fictional African country in World Showcase has been talked about for the last few years, but has always been turned down to keep integrity.

I am hearing there is the possibility of a temporary African country being accessible from the African Outpost, but it would be more of a temporary location and likely not to happen for at least two years. No rides expected, not real interesting food expected, but a decently high tech augmented reality game. Think Agent P on steroids.

That is all I got now. We expect RFBs soon, but nothing yet.

castlecake2.0

Please keep World Showcase at the very least real countries with IP shoved in if needed, but to have an IP country as the “host nation” isn’t right. Ever since Africa was built at DAK the outpost area should have been rethemed to the train depot look that world showcase plaza has instead of trying half heartedly to be something it’s not.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Please keep World Showcase at the very least real countries with IP shoved in if needed, but to have an IP country as the “host nation” isn’t right. Ever since Africa was built at DAK the outpost area should have been rethemed to the train depot look that world showcase plaza has instead of trying half heartedly to be something it’s not.

I completely agree. I don't like it, just saying what bids were put out for.

Disneyson

Wow. I find this revolting. At the least, I would hope that (Insert Name Of African Host Country) is to Wakanda as London is to Diagon Alley. I’d be able to at least try to swallow that.

EDIT: I just can’t imagine being a person from a real African country being surrounded by 11 fully-realized celebrations of countries around the world, and then seeing a fictional country become the entirety of your representation. Even Norway has shops and a tiny museum, and thematically real-world inspired architecture.

Last edited:

hpyhnt 1000

So a fictional African country in World Showcase has been talked about for the last few years, but has always been turned down to keep integrity.

I am hearing there is the possibility of a temporary African country being accessible from the African Outpost, but it would be more of a temporary location and likely not to happen for at least two years. No rides expected, not real interesting food expected, but a decently high tech augmented reality game. Think Agent P on steroids.

That is all I got now. We expect RFBs soon, but nothing yet.

Gee, if only EPCOT had a space that could house this kind of interactive attraction. A sort of temporary exhibit space, perhaps located in the core of the park's Future World area, would be perfect for innovative experiences like these.

Then maybe we wouldn't have to worry about this getting shoehorned into World Showcase where it definitely doesn't belong.

Pity...

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Enough with Africa already. There’s basically an Africa land at AK. There’s an Africa feel throughout Adventureland. There’s the Morocco pavilion (Africa). The African Outpost. An Africa themed hotel. An African Safari. An African gorilla walking trail. A stunt show based on a character who’s adventures took place in Africa. Safety videos at the hotel using characters from a movie based in Africa. I’m surprised they’re not piping in Toto music at this point.

I’m also almost surprised Frozen 2 wasn’t set in Africa.

I mean I like Africa and all. But how bout something on Greece, maybe Australia/New Zealand, Spain, or Brazil.

Last edited:

KrazyKat

They have the world’s second largest population and I see many visitors from there...c’mon let’s see that Taj Mahal

DEADB2DA-BAD7-45AE-AC79-6197B4DF458D.jpeg

celluloid

Enough with Africa already. There’s basically an Africa land at AK. There’s an Africa feel throughout Adventureland. There’s the Morocco pavilion (Africa). The African Outpost. An Africa themed hotel. An African Safari. An African gorilla walking trail. A stunt show based on a character who’s adventures took place in Africa. Safety videos at the hotel using characters from a movie based in Africa. I’m surprised they’re not piping in Toto music at this point.

I’m also almost surprised Frozen 2 wasn’t set in Africa.

I mean I like Africa and all. But how bout something on Greece, maybe Australia/New Zealand, Spain, or Brazil.

Don't forget Some bozos in executive levels were wanting to get rid of a major world famous attraction with African folklore featuring Trickster rabbit stories.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

Wow. I find this revolting. At the least, I would hope that (Insert Name Of African Host Country) is to Wakanda as London is to Diagon Alley. I’d be able to at least try to swallow that.

EDIT: I just can’t imagine being a person from a real African country being surrounded by 11 fully-realized celebrations of countries around the world, and then seeing a fictional country become the entirety of your representation. Even Norway has shops and a tiny museum, and thematically real-world inspired architecture.

It would be like having legitimate pavilions for Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, Japan, France, the UK, Canada, and then one for all of North America - and then when you step inside it's actually themed to Oz.

People forget that Africa isn't a country, it's a continent. None of Africa's countries get a fair shake in World Showcase.

I'm totally down with Wakanda representation at Walt Disney World, but World Showcase sooo just isn't the place.

And neither is Africa at Animal Kingdom, for the record. Him being called Black Panther doesn't make it a story about Animals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom