News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

GimpYancIent

The Disney powers that be are accustomed to crowds. People coming from far and wide regardless of cost to experience the world class iconic Disney parks. Crowds are not an issue now and people are not coming in droves from far and wide. Yet the Disney powers that be can not bring themselves to restructure pricing and fees to attract more paying guests but rather reduce the entertainment offerings and services to keep costs to guests high. Looks like short term corporate thinking. Guests coming more often = more overall spending = more merch turnover = more need entertainment / services = more employment, etc. Guess what! The guests that feel safe, at reasonable costs and enjoy their times on the Disney properties today will come back with friends and family tomorrow.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Beginning Sept. 24, Guests can enjoy dining in the enchanted, fairytale setting of Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom Park. Enjoy a delicious regal banquet with unforgettable main courses ranging from roasted chicken breast and tenderloin of beef to chef’s fish of the day. The princesses will be taking a break from their royal duties greeting Guests, but there will be plenty of delicious fare and fun to be enjoyed in this beautiful, one-of-a-kind restaurant."

"At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, there’s some Halloween fun in store at Hollywood & Vine where Minnie’s Seasonal Dining is set to return Sept. 25. While it may look a little different than the last time you visited, you can get in the spooky spirit during Minnie’s Halloween Dine with a monster feast served to your table where you will be able to wave and snap photos of your favorite characters such as Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse and their friends. It’s a boo-tastic time filled with Halloween décor and music, scary good food, and more! "

"Both of these immersive dining experiences will be available for reservations on DisneyWorld.com and in the My Disney Experience app beginning Sept. 11.

Additionally, some more snack and quick-service options are reopening soon! Gaston’s Tavern at Magic Kingdom Park will return Sept. 4 and the ABC Commissary at Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopens for walk-in quick service for lunch beginning Oct. 8. If you need any advice on which dining options might work best for your upcoming Walt Disney World Resort vacation, be sure to ask the Disney vacation planning experts at planDisney. With so many delicious delights to try this fall, I’ll certainly be coming to the parks hungry and ready to dig in!"

Animaniac93-98

"Beginning Sept. 24, Guests can enjoy dining in the enchanted, fairytale setting of Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom Park. Enjoy a delicious regal banquet with unforgettable main courses ranging from roasted chicken breast and tenderloin of beef to chef’s fish of the day. The princesses will be taking a break from their royal duties greeting Guests, but there will be plenty of delicious fare and fun to be enjoyed in this beautiful, one-of-a-kind restaurant."

"At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, there’s some Halloween fun in store at Hollywood & Vine where Minnie’s Seasonal Dining is set to return Sept. 25. While it may look a little different than the last time you visited, you can get in the spooky spirit during Minnie’s Halloween Dine with a monster feast served to your table where you will be able to wave and snap photos of your favorite characters such as Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse and their friends. It’s a boo-tastic time filled with Halloween décor and music, scary good food, and more! "

"Both of these immersive dining experiences will be available for reservations on DisneyWorld.com and in the My Disney Experience app beginning Sept. 11.

Additionally, some more snack and quick-service options are reopening soon! Gaston’s Tavern at Magic Kingdom Park will return Sept. 4 and the ABC Commissary at Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopens for walk-in quick service for lunch beginning Oct. 8. If you need any advice on which dining options might work best for your upcoming Walt Disney World Resort vacation, be sure to ask the Disney vacation planning experts at planDisney. With so many delicious delights to try this fall, I’ll certainly be coming to the parks hungry and ready to dig in!"

I for one welcome the opportunity to eat at King Stefan's Banquet Hall without the characters.

Now to go full retro and bring back the old name, pewter plates, original menu and music loop!

Gillyanne

Do we know an approximate date for the outlets? My wallet is already crying but we leave town tomorrow and won't be back until November anyway. So even if it was by tomorrow, I'm not sure I'd want to fight the pirates that are sure to show up (or leave it bare if I went later at night). At least I can plan to stop by in November, hopefully that's enough time that there will still be some pickings for us common folk.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Do we know an approximate date for the outlets? My wallet is already crying but we leave town tomorrow and won't be back until November anyway. So even if it was by tomorrow, I'm not sure I'd want to fight the pirates that are sure to show up (or leave it bare if I went later at night). At least I can plan to stop by in November, hopefully that's enough time that there will still be some pickings for us common folk.
Possibly next week, but I don't have nay firm dates. I will update if I do.

YodaMan

I believe Cast Connection (the CM-only outlet) opens the 9th so I wouldn’t be shocked if the regular outlets open soon as well

Lora Baines Bradley

Who has got discretionary money to spend? Some probably can't even meet next month's rent. A number of cast are still furloughed and cast connection is the farthest thing from their minds.
There's an entire group on Facebook dedicated to the outlets. A good number of CPs from Spring's program that are still in Orlando eat up anything Disney puts out and will be there opening day. My mother, who thankfully still has her job, will probably ask me to Facetime her when I get around to going. Not encouraging it, or saying people should be spending fun money right now if they can't afford it, but the demand seems to be there. Of course, only speaking from my limited experience and from what I've seen.

Chomama

I have a question but I am not really sure where to ask it. If there is a better place, please let me know.
I am curious as to what metric Disney may use to start moving shows, dining, fireworks, and social distancing back to normal. I DO NOT mean to ask anything about demand or current covid regulations. What I am try to ask it what are they looking at to decide when to move ahead with opening? Once there is a vaccine (I believe there will be) how does a business like this, or say an airline, know when to remove mask requirements, etc? Surely someone is making those plans across all industries but I haven’t heard much talk about it. What percentage of the population needs to be vaccinated? Do current infections and hospitalizations need to be below a certain level? Statewide? Worldwide? International travel bans lifted? It’s a broad question but I am interested in your thoughts

Miss Bella

I have a question but I am not really sure where to ask it. If there is a better place, please let me know.
I am curious as to what metric Disney may use to start moving shows, dining, fireworks, and social distancing back to normal. I DO NOT mean to ask anything about demand or current covid regulations. What I am try to ask it what are they looking at to decide when to move ahead with opening? Once there is a vaccine (I believe there will be) how does a business like this, or say an airline, know when to remove mask requirements, etc? Surely someone is making those plans across all industries but I haven’t heard much talk about it. What percentage of the population needs to be vaccinated? Do current infections and hospitalizations need to be below a certain level? Statewide? Worldwide? International travel bans lifted? It’s a broad question but I am interested in your thoughts
It will probably come from some direction from the CDC. As far as airlines it will be interesting to see who takes the lead. You notice when United got rid of change fees they all fell in line.

Chomama

I guess that’s possible but no one followed their reopening guidelines. I am so curious what it will all look like as we start to get out of this mess eventually. Over. It.

Chomama

That’s rather complex. It’ll be some time. Sadly.
I know. Obviously with international
Travel Off the table and work visa issues the world showcase is going to be very complicated to restore. It’s one of covid consequences that hurts The most - you really can’t recreate the world Showcase with hourly Floridians. I really really hope that they don’t just stop trying and keep all the kids in festival shirts once this is all past us. 🤞🏻

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom