Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

CA has far more areas with densely packed people. FL has Miami, which is still a mess. Orange County (in FL) actually isn’t too densely populated. Meanwhile the OC in CA is a bastion of anti-maskers, don’t-put-my-freedom-to-get-a-haircut-ahead-of-your-grandma’s-life types. So it’s not surprising at all. At least the conspiracy theorists in FL live in areas where they are outnumbered by gators. Hard to do damage when no one is around. People think CA is all liberal but it’s really not. The overall mix has left 55% of people in CA admitting they wear masks compared to 62% in FL. Who would have thought?
The densely populated areas of CA are still under pretty severe restrictions. Miami-Dade is improving significantly. Positive percentage under 7% and trending down.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Hand washing, masks and social distancing is best, in my opinion, if I had to pick the two that individuals would more easily comply with and is the most effective, it would be masks and hand washing.

Obviously another is, stay home if sick.
Social distancing is most important. Most effective. This isn’t my opinion. It is just accurate. Of course masks add an additional layer of protection that is even more important when you can’t social distance. The reason I call this out is that masks shouldn’t lead to a false sense of security.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I wonder what you mean by conspiracy theory? Is it a conspiracy theory to simply believe that, regardless of people's motivations, whether noble or sinister, the reaction to the "plague" has been disproportional to the threat? Because I've lived in dense suburbia in 3 different southeast metros since 1992, and I wholeheartedly believe that.

Not everyone who doesn't think like you is a nutjob. That's true about pretty much anything in life.
I agree with this statement and most people I have spoken to seem to have a balanced approach, however there are some extremely notions (I won't call them conspiracy because that isn't a word people like) that Elon Musk wants us all to be in the Matrix so don't take the vaccine, Bill Gates wants to put vaccine chips in our arms, etc. Those are things that should get shut down. Its ok to have a healthy concern about the vaccines being tested. That is human nature and should be put in check.

ToTBellHop

I wonder what you mean by conspiracy theory? Is it a conspiracy theory to simply believe that, regardless of people's motivations, whether noble or sinister, the reaction to the "plague" has been disproportional to the threat? Because I've lived in dense suburbia in 3 different southeast metros since 1992, and I wholeheartedly believe that.

Not everyone who doesn't think like you is a nutjob. That's true about pretty much anything in life.
How about saying 9000 people have died, not 180,000?

How about saying mask wearing is a way to influence an election? And it’s only coincidence that most people in India and Brazil also wear masks?

How about saying people will magically stop dying on 11/4/20?

How about saying vaccines will have microchips to track us?

Miss Bella

I didn’t stereotype anyone. I said most of the conspiracy theorists live in rural areas, which is true. I didn’t say everyone in rural areas is a conspiracy theorist.
Do you have a source for the percentage of conspiracy theorists that live in rural areas vs urban areas or is that just your assumption?

ToTBellHop

Do you have a source for the percentage of conspiracy theorists that live in rural areas vs urban areas or is that just your assumption?
B6EE8A67-2187-4864-A13E-7AAA9146B4E6.png

It’s easy enough to see the types of areas where people with less education or those who lean conservative tend to live. And don’t get angry at me for those facts. They are just data. Obviously there are people in cities within these demographics, too.

Lilofan

Likely has something to do with the fact that Quest Diagnostics dumped 75k worth of test results dating back to April on the State today.
Quest Diagnostics is feeling the covid impact. A few locations are closing near me and customers need to drive further to another location.

Epcotfan21

So without the dump from Quest, the state would have added 3,773 new cases today.

Mark52479

So without the dump from Quest, the state would have added 3,773 new cases today.
5.9% positivity rate WITHOUT the lab dump from Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom