News Disney world attendance down 80%??

celluloid

You sure?

Yes, the best they could. The month ahead of Disney reopening because of their preparedness and keeping full time on board, the full admission calander to the park for Annual Passholders with less refund or extension troubles, the water park actually open in some form, amount of live actor/stage show and performer offerings, Onsite hotel accomodation main perks remain, park hopping allowed the, merch selling out of a store of an event that is not happening with a standby line to get in to shop, as well as socially distanced 2 hour waits for attractions on weekends prompting a succesful business extension of an hour for Universal Studios Florida last weekend and schedueled extension to the future weekend operating hours*

Yes.

Last edited:

Tom P.

WDW is offering FL resident discounts and allowing cast and their family entry.
Florida residents make up a tiny percentage of Walt Disney World visitors. For the first time ever that I can recall, there is absolutely no discount of any kind available to the general public.

celluloid

Florida residents make up a tiny percentage of Walt Disney World visitors. For the first time ever that I can recall, there is absolutely no discount of any kind available to the general public.

And honestly from what I have seen, the FL resident discounts are not even that different from what is typically offered.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
We cancelled our trip in September-12 people three generations- with 8 days of tickets and 9 nights at OKW resort. At a price tag of over 20 grand we cancelled when they decided to close the parks as early as 6:00 and 7:00.

Hi... 22 year old here. Um. WOW.

DisneyDebRob

Here's my question... if numbers are that bad, why aren't they offering any discounts or promos to drive people there? Is that a sign they really DON'T want more people coming right now?
To answer your last question, yes. With capacity held in check now they can’t handle more people. Imagine the people not on these boards, booking a trip and getting there and finding out they can’t get into the park because they didn’t do any research. There are thousands of people that do no advanced planning. Disney does not want those problems and really can’t handle more people at this time.
As for the no discounts, that plays right into it. If you are willing to pay top rack rates, well then maybe they will try to get you in.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You didn't know a vacation at WDW is very expensive?
I didn't take into account how many people are in your group. 12 people, insane!

This coming week, I'm staying the 24th-29th at an Airbnb, with three days at the parks (MK, HS, and AK).

Airbnb: $146.
Theme Park Tickets: $660.
Food money prep: $50 per day, $200.
Travel food money: $40.
Gasoline: $60.
AMC theatre reservation (the goonies): $35.
TOTAL
--------
$1,141 for two people.
Maybe add a couple hundred for souvenirs/snacks or whatever.

I consider myself a master of budget vacations, since I have to think outside the box for a recently-graduated college student.... In theatre. (Thanks for shutting em down COVID)

TYOTimer

Here's my question... if numbers are that bad, why aren't they offering any discounts or promos to drive people there? Is that a sign they really DON'T want more people coming right now?
They do have incredible FL resident deals at this time (I stayed at Riviera for almost half off a few weeks ago), but they run out September 30th. I feel like they know that the attendance is increasing and bookings are strong come the holidays

Jrb1979

They do have incredible FL resident deals at this time (I stayed at Riviera for almost half off a few weeks ago), but they run out September 30th. I feel like they know that the attendance is increasing and bookings are strong come the holidays
Its not increasing outside of AP holders. They need resort guests and they aren't coming in droves like they hoped.

Herdman

IMO, there is just no way of knowing where Disney is at on their scale of actual visitors versus what they can handle right now with physical distancing, etc. Is it down 80%? Very well could be, but if the regulations will only allow 20%, and that is what they are getting, aren't they right on target for what they can deal with? Until Disney actually releases park attendance (which will be never) it's all just a complete guess as to where they are with what they can handle.

JoeCamel

I didn't take into account how many people are in your group. 12 people, insane!

This coming week, I'm staying the 24th-29th at an Airbnb, with three days at the parks (MK, HS, and AK).

TOTAL
--------
$1,141 for two people.

I consider myself a master of budget vacations, since I have to think outside the box for a recently-graduated college student.... In theatre. (Thanks for shutting em down COVID)
Parking?

Disorbust

They said Epcot and DAK outperform MK and DHS. That’s the exact opposite of the truth. Anyone with eyes knows attendance is down. If they keep opening more resorts, that will be a clear indication that attendance is rising. If they push off reopening further, obviously attendance will have not increased by as much as they currently anticipate.

These articles are ridiculous. The company sends out signals without releasing absolute attendance numbers.

Well my kids, who are CMS, decided to go to the parks on Saturday. The ONLY park that was not blocked for them was Magic.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Parking at epcot last wknd was socially distanced with an empty space between every car. A nice and unexpected perk to the usual cattle roundup.

I'll be there starting a week from Monday. Got one of these just to be safe.

1598205050550.png

Disney Analyst

TOTAL
--------
$1,141 for two people.

That’s the kind of trip I’d be doing also. Very much that type of budgeting/planning. But I’d never travel with a large group, that’s just too much for me.

Unbanshee

If they keep opening more resorts, that will be a clear indication that attendance is rising. If they push off reopening further, obviously attendance will have not increased by as much as they currently anticipate.

These articles are ridiculous. The company sends out signals without releasing absolute attendance numbers.

I wonder if it's prudent to look at all of the very loud signals the rest of Orlando is sending out. Universal shutting down hotels and attractions, and closing Volcano Bay a couple of days a week seems like a really loud signal. Then again, the parks can get quite "busy" at times

Figments Friend

I was told there is a purpose to not offering anything to the general public.
They don't want to attract a lot of out of state travelers at this time and are using it as a tool to discourage it somewhat.
This is why the focus has been on offering discounts to primarily Florida residents and Annual Passholders.
You would think they would want to draw more business, but with the restriction on capacity and several Resorts still being closed, this is par the norm for now.

This is why you are still seeing fully priced rooms and no discount offers.
I was told there may be some coming in October, but it's anyone's guess at this point as to if that actually happens.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom