Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There was the kerfuffle over this ride’s predecessor. Walt Disney Imagineering wanted Toy Story Midway Mania! and built the marquee but marketing only ever referred to it as Toy Story Mania!.

To further complicate things, in CA, both the outdoor sign and MDE refer to it as Toy Story Midway Mania!

In DHS both the outdoor sign and MDE call it Toy Story Mania!

Both rides show the box that Andy owns from which the toys are creating a set of midway games called: Midway Games Play Set with a fourth-wall-breaking logo of Toy Story on it.

Here's the sign for the ride in DHS...

View attachment 447427

But the toys aren't playing Toy Story Mania, they're playing the Midway Games Play Set (with a fourth wall breaking "TOY Story" branding on it).

View attachment 447428

SuddenStorm

Just when I thought the names couldn’t get worse.

It's so sad, since the name obviously had two requirements- it had to explain what you do in the ride, and it had to have the name 'Spider Man' in it.

Makes me feel like if Splash Mountain had opened today it'd be called Splash Logs: A Brer Rabbit tale

Wouldn't the 'immersion' require the building be named something authentic to the land's theme? Like "Avengers Spidertech lab" or something?

IveBeenJack

I don’t remember if it’s been announced or not already, but on the Imagineering Instagram account they posted about the Quinjet arrival and gave us the name of the Spider-Man attraction...

WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure

It was officially announced as the name back on March 11th with the blitz of Avengers Campus news... before... you know... the pandemic hit and changed EVERYTHING!

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 13.00.14.png

mickEblu

It's so sad, since the name obviously had two requirements- it had to explain what you do in the ride, and it had to have the name 'Spider Man' in it.

Makes me feel like if Splash Mountain had opened today it'd be called Splash Logs: A Brer Rabbit tale

Wouldn't the 'immersion' require the building be named something authentic to the land's theme? Like "Avengers Spidertech lab" or something?

That’s exactly what I said. Being that it’s supposed to be this meta land actually set in DCA shouldn’t it be WEB Warehouse Tour or something.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You’re at the Worldwide Engineering Brigade (WEB).

I thought I read somewhere that SLINGER was also an acronym, but I can't find it anywhere.

Anyhoo...

waltography

If only this means they'll co
Pardon, but is it? I was looking around and couldn't find anything saying this.

EDIT: On second thought, I'd rather not have this groaner of a notion confirmed
There's some weird story "placement" with this land, where in addition to the land acknowledging it exists in DCA, it also acknowledges that Stark Expo was held in DCA prior to its conversion to Avengers Campus.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...iest-heroes-at-disney-parks-around-the-world/

It's stupid, but my rock bottom expectations for this land have me intrigued, unfortunately.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Yeah, was trying to avoid that kind of swinging joke. :D
The funny part is - Disney has a lot of swing bands that perform around the resort - not just at the Saturday night Fantasyland swing ball, but in DTD at the ESPN stage, at the Jazz Kitchen, at Paradise Pier for festivals, etc. Not to mention the current 5 & Dime and dearly missed Silver Lake Sisters and Minnie's Fly Girls.

So while a swing dance party wouldn't fit for Spidey - as perfect as the joke would be - I bet if they held a 1940's themed Captain America swing dance party, it would be very successful with the cosplay and dapper crowds. You'd have a million Peggy Carters dancing with their Steve's and Bucky's. :) (Okay, maybe a hundred. But still...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom