News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Mark X attraction is coming to the Play Pavilion in 2021. Read it go to the www.blogmickey.com they have some info about the Mark X attraction.

BlogMickey is getting their information from the same place everyone else is: concept art and a vague advertisement in an upcoming monorail book.

That tells us there will be some sort of something, but not what it is. Could be just a play zone.

Horizons1

My experience of Innoventions in my youth was a bunch of outdated tech. My IBM PCjr and local arcades had more advanced tech.

It depends whether you're there when bleeding edge tech is installed, or, five to twenty years later when it's out of date.

I don't know if it's a footer for a monorail or some other abandoned project. But for those who believed in a monorail extension after the idea was officially killed internally at WDW, it was something they kept pointing to as proof it was still coming.

I believe it's actually a plug atop a very deep sinkhole that reaches down to the ocean. And if it was pulled up, water would come gushing out of it and sink all of WDW under seven feet of water.
Your experience and mine were very different then. Most of the tech, if not all, was that of things I could find nowhere else. And I did not, not have I ever, lived in an area where the latest and newest tech was not readily available. You must have been living in the future.

DreamfinderGuy

So I know this is a little off topic since we're all about Monorail whatever, but it just dawned on me that the tiles being removed match up with the elevation of the old interior ring of the dome. Perhaps this is related to it's removal/modification?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Your experience and mine were very different then. Most of the tech, if not all, was that of things I could find nowhere else. And I did not, not have I ever, lived in an area where the latest and newest tech was not readily available. You must have been living in the future.

Or, Innoventions kept new tech years past due and didn't update them. Just like a large portion of Disney Quest or Project Tomorrow.

sedati

I don't know if I actually learned anything at EPCOT, but I don't think that was really the point. I think (like a lot of science centers/museums) the point was to engender an interest in the subject and make the guest want to learn more, which is an important part of education in general.

It definitely succeeded in that goal.
I agree wholeheartedly. It's the idea that this was ever a "hyper-intellectual" park that I was disagreeing with. The park had/has plenty of awe and wonder but no brains were ever broken.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
BTW...

I don't see how PLAY! could possibly open before a vaccine. Kids running around touching stuff is a no-no. M&Gs are a no-no. Touching the same consoles/screens/controllers is a no-no.

Except for limited entertainment on a stage with a reduced capacity attendance, everything else PLAY! has been rumored to offer is off the table.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
BTW...

I don't see how PLAY! could possibly open before a vaccine. Kids running around touching stuff is a no-no. M&Gs are a no-no. Touching the same consoles/screens/controllers is a no-no.

Except for limited entertainment on a stage with a reduced capacity attendance, everything else PLAY! has been rumored to offer is off the table.

Agreed. It's game over for PLAY! (couldn't resist)

Shame they can't put those earmarked funds toward Imagination...

Surferboy567

I kinda view Imagination as the same as Spaceship Earth. Eventually, it will have to be refurbished.

Spaceship Earth is obviously more pressing given the dire state it is in but eventually it will be Figment’s turn.

Spaceship Earth is probably more important right now though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom