Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopemax

You are Canadian and from my experience Canadians are polite and tend to follow rules. They like to have a good time but are fairly grounded. Just from the dozen or so I have met.

US people? Not so much. We don't act as mass, we claim to have free agency and pull together? Not been heard here since the second world war. We were torn apart in the 60's and really have not come back together since.
I grew up 30 minutes from the Canadian Border and my Mom worked at the mall. Based on our experience, British Columbians are terrible drivers and Customs cheats. 🤣

Basil of Baker Street

You are Canadian and from my experience Canadians are polite and tend to follow rules. They like to have a good time but are fairly grounded. Just from the dozen or so I have met.

US people? Not so much. We don't act as mass, we claim to have free agency and pull together? Not been heard here since the second world war. We were torn apart in the 60's and really have not come back together since.
Speak for yourself. I think Americans are pretty freaking awesome.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

InnKpr

People are now spending thousands of dollars to play themselves like this. Maybe the lesson will stick better than it did at the grocery store.

Now it's my turn to make a stereotypical remark. Observing the amount of tattooage on this guy's forearm, and based upon decades of experience dealing with the public... absolutely nothing in these videos surprises me.

*Shows self to the exit door*
Disclaimer: If you're heavily inked and offended at what I just said, don't worry. I can tell you plenty of not-so-dignified stories about myself so you can form your own stereotypes.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
what is WRONG with people? 😠
Yeah, you think you are having a rough time until you hear something like this. So some poor kid is busting his rump working in a hot mask for near minimum wage for a summer job. His senior year of high school is in already in doubt (likely at least starting remote and who knows if any of the fun stuff happens) and now he needs surgery to repair a broken jaw and replace his broken teeth. All because some low life piece of garbage can’t follow the most simple and clear of requirements.

Lilofan

Yeah, you think you are having a rough time until you hear something like this. So some poor kid is busting his rump working in a hot mask for near minimum wage for a summer job. His senior year of high school is in already in doubt (likely at least starting remote and who knows if any of the fun stuff happens) and now he needs surgery to repair a broken jaw and replace his broken teeth. All because some low life piece of garbage can’t follow the most simple and clear of requirements.
I'm sure the lawyers want to represent him and the kid can collect big-time for pain and suffering. Pass on that summer job and collect..💰

Last edited:

Lilofan

Covid is impacting the resorts next to Disney Springs. The Hilton at Buena Vista Palace is " temporarily closing". I'm surprised all the hotels on hotel row next to Disney Springs are barely even operating.

G00fyDad

So someone dies of cancer that had tested positive for Covid died of Covid or the stage 4 cancer? I am not following this logic.

They died of cancer. They were still positive for Covid but died of the cancer. That is how that works. Simple. Too many people are losing their minds and spewing the fake narrative that hospitals are falsely reporting deaths as Covid deaths when the person died of other causes. The stupidest one I have seen so far is a claim that a car accident victim was listed as a Covid death. That is just not happening. If that person with cancer goes into the hospital for Covid complications and dies as a direct result of Covid then they died of Covid, not cancer. And it is the same the other way around. A person can go into the hospital with Covid complications and still die from a heart attack, stroke, cancer, HIV, complications during surgery, etc. then they will be listed by what killed them.

SamusAranX

They died of cancer. They were still positive for Covid but died of the cancer. That is how that works. Simple. Too many people are losing their minds and spewing the fake narrative that hospitals are falsely reporting deaths as Covid deaths when the person died of other causes. The stupidest one I have seen so far is a claim that a car accident victim was listed as a Covid death. That is just not happening. If that person with cancer goes into the hospital for Covid complications and dies as a direct result of Covid then they died of Covid, not cancer. And it is the same the other way around. A person can go into the hospital with Covid complications and still die from a heart attack, stroke, cancer, HIV, complications during surgery, etc. then they will be listed by what killed them.

Actually, that did happen:

It slipped through the cracks and was corrected; but it did happen.

Heppenheimer

So someone dies of cancer that had tested positive for Covid died of Covid or the stage 4 cancer? I am not following this logic.
The immediate cause of death in cancer patients is often infection. Particularly if the cancer spreads to the lungs. This causes an effusion that provides the perfect breeding medium for bacteria and respiratory viruses. The cancer makes them more vulnerable to infection, but the infection is ultimately what often kills the patient.

Cancer is one of many co-morbid conditions that will make the COVID-19 more deadly.

EDIT: Since "cancer" isn't a single disease with a typical progression, perhaps I should written "Cancers are several of many co-morbid conditions..."

Last edited:

Ariel1986

5214064E-A513-4FD5-A81E-A83E0C8EA83C.jpeg

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-53722711

Yeah over here it’s literally been 5000 mistakingly recorded deaths that “slipped through the cracks” that have now been officially revised.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Again, if you read my post, I am speaking to people that had non-life threatening conditions (Respiratory issues, diabetes) , that had Covid not existed wouldn't have exasperated their conditions and ultimately wouldn't have died. Make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom