News People mover now reopened!

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I think I get this....

Pretend that you owned a ride using technology & parts from the 1970's. It's not like you can go to Amazon, and get replacement parts:).
Folks, it's just OLD. It might be a better idea to gut & rebuild it. In a sense, it IS like the Monorail system... too old, too proprietary, really can not be maintained as is :(.

po1998

Replacing/repairing the linear induction motors should allow them to operate more vehicles safely without tagging them with a cone.

You’ll still see the cones from time to time.
The cones were just poor show no matter which way you look at it. Why couldn’t they just use a small reflective removable sticker on the cars that were “not in use”. The cones are something I would expect to see at a small regional park on its last legs, not the industry leader.

peter11435

Replacing/repairing the linear induction motors should allow them to operate more vehicles safely without tagging them with a cone.

You’ll still see the cones from time to time.
The issue is that the cones were the result of a separate problem from the linear induction motors and vehicles bumping. So the replacement of the motors won’t on its own allow them to reduce the prevalence of the cones.

davis_unoxx

Original Poster
The cones were just poor show no matter which way you look at it. Why couldn’t they just use a small reflective removable sticker on the cars that were “not in use”. The cones are something I would expect to see at a small regional park on its last legs, not the industry leader.
One time my dad got into one with a cone by mistake and the ride shut down for ten minutes LOL, pretty funny memory to be honest

raymusiccity

I think the cones fit in perfectly with People Mover's next door neighbor, Buzz !
e38c268f962fdf8dd32714f806c4ecee.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom