Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I totally get that I spend way less than a tourist. But once they know the tourists aren't coming, open them up to APs the day before or day of. I can promise I will spend more than an empty slot does.
That would create additional crowds causing an increased likelihood of “incidents”...and also requires more staffing.

Neither of those things are in their best interests as it stands.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Something is weird. I just checked and my AP expires August 28th 2020, but it expired April 2020 already. Really confused.

I know this wasn't the case a few days ago cause I was checking prices on rooms and it was always rack rates. Pop Century was anywhere from $190-200+ a night. Now I check and it says I have the Passholder Summer/Early Fall thing and I checked my profile and it shows "Disney Platnium Pass - Expires August 28th 2020".
It’s not weird...there was a mandatory 117 day extension for all valid passes as of 3/16/20.

They were closed.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I totally get that I spend way less than a tourist. But once they know the tourists aren't coming, open them up to APs the day before or day of. I can promise I will spend more than an empty slot does.
Pay attention to late admission openings. Several hours into the day (not a specific time frame yet) there are dumps of AP availability. If you are flexible with park and times Locals have been able to enjoy the parks with these dumps of availability. Kinda like the FP+ day of dumps each hour.

whiterhino42

Our Platinum AP‘s renewal date was the beginning of March. We live out of state. I called Disney last month to request a refund. I was told that they would complete the paperwork and send to another department and they would call me back..... still waiting. We have a trip planned in September, but with even more reduced hours and no park hopper, I’m debating if it’s even worth the trip down. Especially since our room at the Poly was cancelled. Disney Magic is quickly fading.
We are in a global pandemic. Deaths are going back up. We are reporting around 70k new cases a day. People should not be traveling. I love Disney with all my heart but it shouldn't even be open and people should not be going right now. I have family in the medical field and everyone acting like things are normal are endangering their lives.

joejccva71

It’s not weird...there was a mandatory 117 day extension for all valid passes as of 3/16/20.

They were closed.

But this change went in today because every day this week and last week I've been checking prices of rooms and tickets, etc and I did NOT have an active AP. Today, it changed.

SoFloMagic

Something is weird. I just checked and my AP expires August 28th 2020, but it expired April 2020 already. Really confused.

I know this wasn't the case a few days ago cause I was checking prices on rooms and it was always rack rates. Pop Century was anywhere from $190-200+ a night. Now I check and it says I have the Passholder Summer/Early Fall thing and I checked my profile and it shows "Disney Platnium Pass - Expires August 28th 2020".
Just checked mine and it looks like they added the extra 30 days sometime over the last couple days. That may explain it. Makes sense - wasn't today the deadline to cancel?

SoFloMagic

That would create additional crowds causing an increased likelihood of “incidents”...and also requires more staffing.

Neither of those things are in their best interests as it stands.
Not really - they're lamenting on investor calls that they can't fill their capacity. They don't want it to be this slow, they just don't want to fill the gap with locals because we "don't spend as much". But we spend more than zero, and they're "filling up" half of Epcot with empty slots that don't have wallets. They're missing the smaller but easy money from locals while hotel and ticket slots remain vacant.

And locals are not a crowding risk (if they maintain cap limits). I'm pretty sure most of us are like me and go for like 2 hours at a time and avoid lines like the plague. All we wanna do is buy some overpriced food at epcot and maybe a little merch.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not really - they're lamenting on investor calls that they can't fill their capacity. They don't want it to be this slow, they just don't want to fill the gap with locals because we "don't spend as much". But we spend more than zero, and they're "filling up" half of Epcot with empty slots that don't have wallets. They're missing the smaller but easy money from locals while hotel and ticket slots remain vacant.

And locals are not a crowding risk (if they maintain cap limits). I'm pretty sure most of us are like me and go for like 2 hours at a time and avoid lines like the plague. All we wanna do is buy some overpriced food at epcot and maybe a little merch.
My belief is that they don’t even want to be open. Maybe for the rest of the year. They didn’t have that luxury when the government did nothing to mandate guidelines.

They do the best they can to massage their numbers and then they have a required investor call...where the ceo is NOT tied to a lie detector machine.

The truth is usually barely under the surface.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Would be for us. I enjoy the strolls at night. Nights are so much better then days at WDW for me.
Night time is the right time.

I don’t mind mornings...the Hinney pack/mouse ear crowd spoils it a little...but it’s nice too.

But i love the nights.

I am a bit bummed...this time last year I was doing my morning runs through a deserted complex in anaheim....stopping to chit chat with the early morning crews ☹

It’s been a year since...basically

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is OK not to post if you have nothing useful to contribute.
I’m usually less blunt...

But this “there could be a lawsuit” stuff is a dead end. People with passes got partially screwed. People with trips cancelled got screwed. People with trips now got screwed. People expecting more new things anytime for years will get screwed.

Covid. Loss of a business environment where people swarm the place no matter what they do/charge.

It is what it is.

Don’t forget this isn’t the same Disney that will be aggressive to cut us deals to get us back anymore. That ship has long sailed. Everyone loves how fantastic Iger has done - I’ll remind.
Don’t stop “loving” him now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For a contrary position, we are early morning people who don't do late nights regularly. This schedule is more like what it was during the winter months in the past when attendance was low.
It is...on steroids.

These are their worst hours ever. They will have most if not all parks closed when there is still daylight out for about 2 months.

SoFloMagic

My belief is that they don’t even want to be open. Maybe for the rest of the year. They didn’t have that luxury when the government did nothing to mandate guidelines.

They do the best they can to massage their numbers and then they have a required investor call...where the ceo is NOT tied to a lie detector machine.

The truth is usually barely under the surface.
You may be right, but they're actively marketing to try to get closer to filling their capacities. They're offering FL residents cheap tickets right now - $120 for 2 days. They know that $60 per day is more than a local AP spends 95% of the time, so they'd rather keep space for that guest.
Meanwhile they're cutting park hours and making $60 seem like a fitting price...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You may be right, but they're actively marketing to try to get closer to filling their capacities. They're offering FL residents cheap tickets right now - $120 for 2 days. They know that $60 per day is more than a local AP spends 95% of the time, so they'd rather keep space for that guest.
Meanwhile they're cutting park hours and making $60 seem like a fitting price...
Yes...but very low capacities. I imagine it’s protecting agianst virus liability and maintaining as low of staffing as possible.

For some reason...they don’t want APs. We may never know why?

Worst case? They’re going to eliminate the APs and this is this is being used to start to roll that out.

If that’s the case...my watch has ended

DisneyDebRob

Night time is the right time.

I don’t mind mornings...the Hinney pack/mouse ear crowd spoils it a little...but it’s nice too.

But i love the nights.

I am a bit bummed...this time last year I was doing my morning runs through a deserted complex in anaheim....stopping to chit chat with the early morning crews ☹

It’s been a **** year since...basically
The parks are most beautiful and stunning at night. AK is just amazing with WS a close second.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom