Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

Buried20KLeague

I disagree with this.

Reducing park hours again, no nighttime firework shows, no fastpasses, no park hopping, some restaurants are closed, no Early Magic Hours, park entry reservation system where AP holders are getting the shaft a bit.

But still charging rack rates. I think a small reduction is in order here.

At this point there's literally no reason to stay on-site. Why pay more for getting, well...nothing? Just my opinion.

To be fair... no fastpasses greatly INCREASES the value.

DisneyDebRob

I disagree with this.

Reducing park hours again, no nighttime firework shows, no fastpasses, no park hopping, some restaurants are closed, no Early Magic Hours, park entry reservation system where AP holders are getting the shaft a bit.

At this point there's literally no reason to stay on-site. Why pay more for getting, well...nothing? Just my opinion.
I agree with most of what you say. They are the reasons many aren’t going. I would never tell anyone not to go because everyone gets something different from Disney , but it’s not for me.
As for the prices, well they will never be discounted. Disney would never want to come off as Six Flags or a discount theme park. So either pay and enjoy what they have or don’t and wait probably a year before things look like they did before all this.

Lil Copter Cap

I disagree with this.

Those willing to pay the full price for the reduction in the experiences you mention are doing just that. Reduction in ticket prices means money loss (via refunds) to those that already bought tickets a year ago. If they’re still showing up, Disney will accept that money.

Entitlement to a lower rate isn’t unwarranted, but the company also has to protect itself. If a price reduction occurred, Disney would have to raise prices once experiences come back, creating a mess with guest satisfaction and happiness. They don’t know when fireworks are coming back or when meet & greets can return, so Johnny and his family from Kansas that paid a reduced price could be slapped with an additional fee when experiences return before they arrive. If not, Melissa from Minnesota has every right to ask for the reduced price that Johnny paid for even though she paid full price.

Essentially, keeping the ticket prices the same right now (although upsetting to some) ensures the same treatment of guests across the board when experiences return.

Herdman

It is going to be weird in the evenings for sure when we go late October. We already have 3 dinners planned at Disney Springs so I guess we'll be spending even more time there. My biggest complaint will be if they don't open up more and extend the hours of open offerings more at the resorts. We're staying at Caribbean Beach and if they are going to close the parks earlier thay need to have alll the options open at the resorts.

crawale

Didn’t see it mentioned elsewhere but it looks like the parks are getting a 1-2 hour decrease starting September 8. Does this mean we’ll see another AP extension?

EDIT: Didn’t see this mentioned in the covid thread. Please feel free to delete.
I have a dinner reservation 10 minutes before the park closes. Will the reservation still be honored or what? It is at BOG so will our $62 dinner be brought all courses at once to the table and the wait staff stand over us to hurry us along?

Herdman

I have a dinner reservation 10 minutes before the park closes. Will the reservation still be honored or what? It is at BOG so will our $62 dinner be brought all courses at once to the table and the wait staff stand over us to hurry us along?
Your biggest queestion may be if you'll be able to get park transportation back to your resort if you need it. I think I read where that is stopping 1 hour after park closing.

joejccva71

Those willing to pay the full price for the reduction in the experiences you mention are doing just that. Reduction in ticket prices means money loss (via refunds) to those that already bought tickets a year ago. If they’re still showing up, Disney will accept that money.

Entitlement to a lower rate isn’t unwarranted, but the company also has to protect itself. If a price reduction occurred, Disney would have to raise prices once experiences come back, creating a mess with guest satisfaction and happiness. They don’t know when fireworks are coming back or when meet & greets can return, so Johnny and his family from Kansas that paid a reduced price could be slapped with an additional fee when experiences return before they arrive. If not, Melissa from Minnesota has every right to ask for the reduced price that Johnny paid for even though she paid full price.

Essentially, keeping the ticket prices the same right now (although upsetting to some) ensures the same treatment of guests across the board when experiences return.

That's actually an excellent point and didn't think about what happens when experiences return.

joejccva71

I was at DAK tonight for a few hours before closing. The park was deserted, almost eerily empty. I also did Everest, Dinosaur, Na'Vi, Flight, and got food in that short time. The extra hours are definitely not needed until things improve.

Would you recommend taking a trip now because of just how deserted the parks are? Getting a lot done with the low waits.

legwand77

I’m actually surprised everyone isn’t up in arms about this. Keep taking away, keep prices the same and you don’t know why people are upset? Not coming down on you, if you feel it’s worth it, enjoy! For me, and I’m sure others.. it’s not just about going on this 5 times.. and no wait for that..etc. I guess we all saw it coming but don’t have to be happy about it.
well since the parks are empty at that time not taking away much from anyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom