Where have all the flowers gone?

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Visiting property over the last few weeks a noticeable casualty has been horticulture. Several flower beds, especially at resorts, have replaced areas usually filled with beautiful bright annuals with shrubs or mulch. Tonight at wilderness lodge was very noticeable with none of usual wildflower gardens being planted. Hanging baskets and potted plants are also non existent, this was noticed on Main Street, around Hollywood studios, and Canada at Epcot. Speaking of Canada, a lot of the gardens have been replaced with shrubs and perennials as opposed to the annuals that are usually planted. Of course this is an easy cost to cut in these times, but hopefully it’s not something that’s permanently forgotten.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Sure even my local places were very low on usual stock, it went to states that opened nurseries first, and even at that many growers did not necessarily grow stock of things they would have begun in March.....my mail order flowers came very, very late as well. It is very hard to grow something and maintain it waiting for orders to be filled....much was overgrown in its bitty pots. This is a make do with what is available maneuver and nothing more to that.....annuals will BE BACK!!! :D

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Visiting property over the last few weeks a noticeable casualty has been horticulture. Several flower beds, especially at resorts, have replaced areas usually filled with beautiful bright annuals with shrubs or mulch. Tonight at wilderness lodge was very noticeable with none of usual wildflower gardens being planted. Hanging baskets and potted plants are also non existent, this was noticed on Main Street, around Hollywood studios, and Canada at Epcot. Speaking of Canada, a lot of the gardens have been replaced with shrubs and perennials as opposed to the annuals that are usually planted. Of course this is an easy cost to cut in these times, but hopefully it’s not something that’s permanently forgotten.

The Wilderness Lodge is open? Or just the restaurants and exterior villas etc. 🤔

peter11435

The Wilderness Lodge is open? Or just the restaurants and exterior villas etc. 🤔
Wilderness lodge hotel accommodations have not reopened. But DVC accommodations there; Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge are both open along with several restaurants and merchandise.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Wilderness lodge hotel accommodations have not reopened. But DVC accommodations there; Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge are both open along with several restaurants and merchandise.

Thanks....it's my favorite resort......sigh......:cool:

TrainsOfDisney

I wasn't sure if DLP was a theme park or a garden centre when I was there last week! Looked stunning.

Jealous!!! I’ve been waiting for the steam trains to reopen to visit DLP... now they have and I can’t visit!

Good to know Paris is looking good. Probably unique to the large Florida property.

DVCakaCarlF

Annuals are expensive to both plant and maintain...what a lot of people don’t know is that most of the “horticulture” you see is just constant weeding and replacement nightly and daily.

They can’t afford to “wait” on plants to bloom and look nice.

If you pay attention, you’ll see new azaleas and Indian hawthorns in a lot of places.

Nickp1983

I will do the planting
If you pay for all the seeds
Where is my Martha Stewart
Where is my peace Lilly
Where is my happy sapling
Where have all the flowers gone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom