On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the ignore function is broken.

I have you on ignore but your posts still show up for me all of the time.

;-)
Welcome, to the show, Baby
I used to have that mentality around here but I decided not to ignore anyone and honestly I'm glad I did that. I've actually come to enjoy most of my conversations with @Sirwalterraleigh and actually have more common ground that initially thought.
I get that a lot. Both here and in my last lives...

It’s a lot about “tone”. There really is no tone on chatboards...or text messages. So the reader tends to “assign one” and is often wrong. The truth of non-malice bares out over time.

I agree with people a lot more than they realize...here as well. Mr. Penguin and I vehemently disagreed on one single premise (for me - about 4,000 posts worth 🤪)...but it turns out I don’t disagree with him much at all otherwise. It was difference of perspective on one thing.

I tend to be like a 4th line nhl player. Everyone hates the sandpaper guy at first...but then you realize there’s a value in the contribution.

I’ve never ignored anyone...how do we learn if we do that?
I think @Sirwalterraleigh is good people in all honesty. I view his posts with credibility.
See...I told you you’d come around? It worked already 🤘🏻

Last edited:

Dave B

The lock downs have already killed the economy so that ship has sailed. They have also killed a lot of people but that is something most want to ignore. Just look up excess teen death due to suicide and drug abuse. Also, it doesn't matter if you think a piece of "cloth" shouldn't further hurt the economy. The fact is that these face diapers are lowering the number of people who want to go to Disney, Las Vegas, ect., to the point that they will not come back to anything close to resembling the same experience.

And yes, when I am laying at the poly pool reading a book I find it quite relaxing. I love Disney! Even being in line for space mountain listening to the que music is relaxing. Even going down that "racist" :rolleyes: log flume.
Almost the entire park could be deemed racist, its not, its just set in another era, but your comment is silly

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Demand is down, even with the artificially and surprisingly low park caps only DHS is close to its limit. And it has the lowest one.

It’s surprised a lot of people.
It shouldn’t have...there were some pretty strong hints they had actually hit a bit of a price ceiling/overextension last 3 or so years BEFORE the plague and the run on the bank.

_caleb

Right I get that. However, you present their alleged inaccuracies as fact. I don't know them nor do I know you. Given that this is a faceless posting of information, both sides have fairly equal standing until proven. Nothing personal
All voices don’t hold equal standing for long around here. For those of us who have been watching for a while, patterns and tendencies become clear.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Welcome, to the show, Baby

I get that a lot. Both here and in my last lives...

It’s a lot about “tone”. There really is no tone on chatboards...or text messages. So the reader tends to “assign one” and is often wrong. The truth of non-malice bares out over time.

I agree with people a lot more than they realize...here as well. Mr. Penguin and I vehemently disagreed on one single premise (for me - about 4,000 posts worth 🤪)...but it turns out I don’t disagree with him much at all otherwise. It was difference of perspective on one thing.

I tend to be like a 4th line nhl player. Everyone hates the sandpaper guy at first...but then you realize there’a value in the contribution.

I’ve never ignored anyone...how do we learn if we do that?
See...I told you you’d come around? It worked already 🤘🏻
Well said.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I like being silly, but I guess you haven't seen how many things the left wants to get rid of in WDW. I agree they can find anything racist even though it's not.
Minor penalty upcoming

1596137589537.jpeg

ElvisMickey

Demand is down, even with the artificially and surprisingly low park caps only DHS is close to its limit. And it has the lowest one.

It’s surprised a lot of people.

What’s funny is that I tried to get an AP reservation this morning for EPCOT today because I took a last minute long weekend from work. Nothing available. Except for day and resort guests. Seriously? That park is empty as empty can be during the week. So it may not seem like a lot, but Disney is losing at least $50 tonight from me not having the opportunity to go walk around, have a drink and some dinner.

robhedin

450 are the kiosks in Speedway gas stations (contract ended) and the other 350 are internationally.
Here's more data: 66,000 businesses have closed:
see: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/4...losed-for-good-during-the-pandemic-2020-06-25
and: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/13/business/small-businesses-coronavirus.html

Unless you prefer the Washington Post which calls out 100k businesses: https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...icas-economy-pandemic-could-end-that-forever/

Should we ignore Neiman Marcus, True Religion, J Crew, Gold's Gym, Pier 1, Hertz, GNC, Lucky Brands, Cirque du Soleil, Brooks Brothers, Ascena, etc. since they've "only" declared bankruptcy?
see: https://www.nbcnews.com/business/co...-bankruptcy-coronavirus-pandemic-hit-n1207866
and: https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/25/business/july-bankruptcies-coronavirus/index.html

and California Pizza Kitchen just filed as well: https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/business/california-pizza-kitchen-bankruptcy/index.html

or do we want to go into furloughs that are turning into layoffs and permanent job losses? see: https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...ming-hopes-fade-that-jobs-will-return-quickly

The business and employment landscape has changed and is continuing to change drastically. The economy is currently on a downward spiral in a negative feedback loop that is making things worse daily. The longer things go the worse it's going to get.

Thelazer

What’s funny is that I tried to get an AP reservation this morning for EPCOT today because I took a last minute long weekend from work. Nothing available. Except for day and resort guests. Seriously? That park is empty as empty can be during the week. So it may not seem like a lot, but Disney is losing at least $50 tonight from me not having the opportunity to go walk around, have a drink and some dinner.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Disney has really screwed up on not embracing the locals right now.
Meanwhile, Sea World and Bush Gardens are already revving up the local marketing plans... They get it.

Riverrafter21

All voices don’t hold equal standing for long around here. For those of us who have been watching for a while, patterns and tendencies become clear.

You mean how all people follow a pattern to occasionally be right and have a tendency to be occasionally wrong?

I've been reading the board for a few years before I registered, so I get it. In this case I view this info to be rooted in enough truth, to give it an ear.

Last edited:

Thelazer

Why are they artificially capping demand on specific TYPES of guests? Seems like could at least unblock Cast Members same-day to get some F&B revenue.

Because no one wants to make a gutsy move.. and rather hide under there desk (er, there work at home desks)
It's just unreal how messed up they have done this. I mean, just unreal.
It's like they WANT to re-close the parks, that's the only way you can explain how backwards they approached this.
(how much of a tax write-off could they take if they did reclose.. hmm)

hopemax

Why are they artificially capping demand on specific TYPES of guests? Seems like could at least unblock Cast Members same-day to get some F&B revenue.
I meant to post, but when I checked yesterday, CM's could look for reservations for themselves thru Sunday. DHS was booked, but there was availability for the other 3 parks. I don't know when they changed it. But it looks like they might be opening them one week at a time. Still can't sign in guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom