News Disney extending Walt Disney World Annual Pass duration by an additional month

JohnD

I somehow got a four month extension. Maybe because I finally got through and asked them to extend another month because of an extra payment on file. I was effusive with praise to the CM. (I go through to another CM prior to that call who was just the opposite. I called back and chose an different option.) Then I gave 5s to every answer. So, it's possible she extended my pass four months instead of just one. I recognize it requires payments for each of those months. But it sure looks like a way for me to keep my pass and not cancel!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Is there an option to accept the initial ~118 day extension but not the later 30 day extension, to only receive a partial refund on 30 day extension? Or is it all or nothing?

donsullivan

Premium Member
My renewal date is now mid September so I’m going to wait a few weeks to see how this all plays out after todays deadline. If there isn’t any change in access for local Passholder, I will likely call and cancel that renewal.

If this happens, it will be the first time I’ve not had a WDW Annual pass in over 30 years. But, as a local Passholder, they are all but zero value since I’m not going to plan visits to the parks 45 days in advance during this. I don’t have a problem with the experience in the parks but it’s the fact that I’m no longer able to gain access except with excessive advance notice that shuts me down.

Hopefully when they get past today’s deadline and learn what’s left, there will be some changes for the remaining Passholders. If not, I’ll Cancel my renewal and watch to see how things play out in the coming months. Once things return back to normal I’ll get a new one but right now, if I can’t use it there is no reason to keep paying for it. I have an AP for Universal so I guess I’ll spend some time there in the next few months when I need a theme park day.

EDIT> Just did a check and the first time I can get into DHS on a weekend (have to do that pesky work thing during the week) is October 18th- over 2 months into the future. Not going to work for me.

Last edited:

MrPromey

Disney will keep phone lines open for Annual Pass cancellations as long as you join the queue by midnight tonight
Just did a check and the first time I can get into DHS on a weekend (have to do that pesky work thing during the week) is October 18th- over 2 months into the future. Not going to work for me.

Sure does feel like Disney is making it as easy as they can to get Passholders to leave.

Meanwhile, on the other end of town, Universal just announced a program to buy a one day ticket and be able to come back "every day" through December 24th for free.

It's interesting the very different approaches the two companies are taking, here.

JoeCamel

Sure does feel like Disney is making it as easy as they can to get Passholders to leave.

Meanwhile, on the other end of town, Universal just announced a program to buy a one day ticket and be able to come back "every day" through December 24th for free.

It's interesting the very different approaches the two companies are taking, here.
Universal has some cool parking structures that pull in a ton of cash. Get the razor handle free and sell the blades.

I feel a little dissed with my Premire pass but I hear they are changing the bennies. I won't show in either case but nice to know they are trying.

TTA94

I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking this is just a way to eliminate the large amount of passholders. To risky IMO to cancel. Things are very fluid. Who knows when or if Disney will start selling passes again and if they do it could be a steep price.

I’d be interested to know how many APs have canceled.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking this is just a way to eliminate the large amount of passholders. To risky IMO to cancel. Things are very fluid. Who knows when or if Disney will start selling passes again and if they do it could be a steep price.

We have not. Our next three trips are September, December, and April.

donsullivan

Premium Member

You raise an interesting point. There is a very high likelihood that the whole model of AP's changes dramatically coming out of this when they resume sales of new ones again. I actually purchased the renewal back in June at the earliest possible window from my original 8/11 renewal date. The next few weeks will be interesting.

disneygeek90

Meanwhile, on the other end of town, Universal just announced a program to buy a one day ticket and be able to come back "every day" through December 24th for free*.

*plus $26 a day in parking.

It's not an Annual Pass, but I would agree that Universal has been kinder. Perhaps because they need us more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom