Tower of Terror effects status watch

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Some exciting news: WDI and operations finally got a budget approved to fix some of Tower's show effects.

We should see a full replacement of VVC speakers, which has begun already, they've been slowly fixing the strobe effects, the steam in the boiler room is green-lit to be turned on again provided that WDI can provide a steam-like substance that isn't water based, and the radios in the boiler room will turn on again and will be playing this loop

AWESOME!! I really miss that radio effect from DCA's tower.

Thelazer

"steam-like substance that isn't water based" with them cutting back on even using glycol fog effects, I have little hope here.
Not saying it can't be done, compressed air, with a slight amount of glycol fog inserted into it, would do the effect properly... just saying, not expecting miracles anymore.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
"steam-like substance that isn't water based" with them cutting back on even using glycol fog effects, I have little hope here.
Not saying it can't be done, compressed air, with a slight amount of glycol fog inserted into it, would do the effect properly... just saying, not expecting miracles anymore.
It was turned off due to the queue grates becoming too slippy. Hence something not water based.

The legacy system still works, it just pumps thin air when engaged.

Rod Serling

The building isn't well ventilated enough for the water-based effects in the boiler room, so it created a nasty case of mold. After a great number of upper-respritory infections on the operations side, they decided it was best to turn them off

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Im no expert, but I can tell you what I saw yesterday. I rode on the right side (foxtrot?) and the dropshaft audio was noticeably loud, at least at the top of the shaft. Its been months, but I seem to remember echo had sound and foxtrot didn't in March?
Apologies if incorrect.

Was the queue music at a good volume? Last time I went it was too quiet.

Rodj

Ok so after watching plenty of live streams after reopening... The budget to fix show effects never happened(Or just barely into it, more on that later). And also with the recent surfacing of the source audio, I have a better understanding of how the audio channels work, more on that later.
Starting with the show shafts, Alpha and Delta are the same, however Bravo and Charlie are a completely separate story. Both are having issues with the wall lights in the VVC, they stay bright even going up to the hallway scene and remain bright until the stars appear in the hallway scene. The hallway scene ambient lighting is literally confused with timings and is also way brighter than it ever has been. Lowest of lows from the Tower ever. It doesn't stop there, on Bravo the 5th dimension floor lighting was also way brighter than it should ever be(This didn't happen with Alpha). Thankfully it was fixed with Bravo but it is still occurring with Charlie.
The star field doors are still messed up.

Next up with the drop shafts. The delay between the audio and movement hasn't been fixed yet.
I want to talk about the audio again, with the files there is an "a" and a "b" audio file for each drop sequence. The "a" files are for the VVC speakers and the "b" files are for the drop shaft speakers. These files have two audio channels in them, totaling 4 audio channels for each drop sequence. With Foxtrot, audio seems to have improved(Possibly from the budget right before the pandemic). At least 3/4ths of the audio is working(All VVC and at least 1/2 drop shaft speakers are working).
Echo is a different story, audio worsened with only 1/4th of the audio working. Only 1 channel of the VVC audio is playing, drop shaft speakers are silent.
Speaking of Echo, now the 10th Horton doors(middle set) are not working as well so only the top set of doors is working on Echo right now.

On a positive note, many live streamers noted how dark the boiler room is, it is back to its more dark mode(non-rain) unless it was fixed before.
So it seems that they were literally starting on trying to fix the show effects when the pandemic happened. It seems that the Tower has a curse on it that is preventing it from getting fixed. Tagging @Rod Serling so he can see this
Video of Bravo:

Video of Charlie:

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I really don't quite get TDO's inability to fix attractions that are in a state of disrepair. And also why is there such little outcry when everyone is paying a premium for a premium experience??

They can somehow try and pull funds for a splash retheme but rides like this, everest, space, big thunder, dinosaur get little to nothing. It's amazing.

Rodj

Quick update, the issue has been fixed on Charlie now, however it did cause many of the orange ambient lights in the hallway scene to burn out.

Tom Morrow

Rode today on Delta lift. Everything actually looked and sounded pretty good - until the drop shaft.

The drop shaft VVC audio is still super quiet, which creates a severe lack of intensity feeling to the drop sequences. Then Rod's spiel afterward was garbled.

Oh, also only the top set of doors to the outside are opening on both sides.

Rodj

Welp, the bright light issue returned to the show shafts yesterday. Probably is going to cause more lights to stop working in the hallway scenes(due to it being given too much voltage than it normally gets). On a brighter note, it seems that on Echo the lightning strobes(at least half of them) in the shaft are working again.

Rodj

Tower is NOT doing well today. The audio system gave up completely. A person live streaming rode Bravo and starting out none of the beginning audio going up to the hallway scene played except the ding sound effect. The hallway scene SFX worked at least, and the transition audio worked fine going from the hallway scene to the 5th dimension but then the 5th dimension audio failed to play(the window breaking sound effect and starfield door SFX/narration played). On top of that none of the drop sequence audio played at all. The ending audio/BGM/narration did play. Unless if this is due to work being done on the audio system that day and was just bad timing for the live streamer, this is one of the lowest lows of the Tower of Terror by far. Once the stream finishes Ill post it here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom