1594904996140.png

1594903550808.png

1594903563830.png

1594903578033.png

1594903621893.png

1594903646732.png

Last edited:

hokielutz

Over ten years, UOR saw a near doubling of its annual attendance between IoA and USF.

2010: 11,874,000 Total Admissions
2019: 21,297,000 Total Admissions

Well their product was crap back in 2005-2010 and they allowed things to erode and go downhill. Its like the bottom curve of the stock market. If you measure the increase from their worst state to the top of their recovery... the increase looks great.

JoeCamel

Well their product was crap back in 2005-2010 and they allowed things to erode and go downhill. Its like the bottom curve of the stock market. If you measure the increase from their worst state to the top of their recovery... the increase looks great.
Simpler than that - it is the Potter effect.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Simpler than that - it is the Potter effect.
They had clearly been on a long slow decline heading into the late 2000s due to uninterested ownership and lack of investment. Then they made a very wise choice and spent big on Harry Potter and it has continued to pay off. I'm not really convinced that anything else they've done since has moved the needle at all. Over the long term, they risk becoming a one-trick pony if they don't find the 'next big thing' and invest in the same level of quality for it.

JoeCamel

They had clearly been on a long slow decline heading into the late 2000s due to uninterested ownership and lack of investment. Then they made a very wise choice and spent big on Harry Potter and it has continued to pay off. I'm not really convinced that anything else they've done since has moved the needle at all. Over the long term, they risk becoming a one-trick pony if they don't find the 'next big thing' and invest in the same level of quality for it.
They have backfilled using the revenue Potter brings them. The quality of many of the attractions, shows, dining etc have been upgraded during this time as well along with CBBR being the hit it is.

donsullivan

Premium Member
They have backfilled using the revenue Potter brings them. The quality of many of the attractions, shows, dining etc have been upgraded during this time as well along with CBBR being the hit it is.
Unfortunately, most of those funds have been invested in things like Fast and Furious and Jimmy Fallon which are not exactly moving the needle. The first non-Potter thing I've seen them do in recent years that I find quite impressive is the new Bourne Stunt show. Most of the rest are at best lackluster and often just plain terrible attractions.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Disneyland, DCA, and Epcot all had IDENTICAL attendance from the year prior???
There were a surprising number of parks around the world with no change in attendance year over year. The general trend across the board was flat. The only US parks that measurably bucked that trend was Universal Orlando.

Lirael

The Universal Osaka data is way too precise. Exactly 14,500,00 guests twice?

Pity 2020 results won't exactly paint a normal picture. I wanted to see if Volcano Bay's attendance would surpass Blizzard Beache's given one is increasing and the other has been in a decline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom