Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeymiss

I don't watch much of his content, but a quick perusal of his YouTube videos shows that Disney videos from four months ago were in the +200k view range. The family vlogs were 50-130k views. Videos from park reopenings took him right back up to +200k.

He probably gets a bit over $100 per every 100k views, so yeah, videos at the parks make him significantly more money.

I happened to notice that he was at Disney after or very close to when we started gearing up for shut downs. I think there are valid points on every side of this but can we all agree that pearl clutching about others going to Disney and then going yourself is cringe? 😂😉

TrojanUSC

Where I live at least, the public message coming from the governor and the state department of health was "flatten the curve". The goal was to prevent too many people from contracting COVID-19 at the same time and not having enough hospital beds/ventilators/doctors/nurses/etc. to accommodate them. Unless a vaccine is developed, the virus will spread. Given the number of people who have tested positive with few or no symptoms, you or a family member may have already had it.

This drives me nuts. People heard the first half of the message then tuned out the second half. Flatten the curve was yes about keeping hospital capacity available. However, it was also about keeping infections low until we were able to either 1) develop a robust testing/tracing/isolating program to keep outbreaks minimal 2) developed a therapeutic 3) a vaccine. We have done none of those things. We just gave up, which is why we wasted three months with a shut down and nothing to show for it. Not one thing.

note2001

I happened to notice that he was at Disney after or very close to when we started gearing up for shut downs. I think there are valid points on every side of this but can we all agree that pearl clutching about others going to Disney and then going yourself is cringe? 😂😉

Wait, I'm confused. Who's pearl clutching and then going to the park openings? Tracker? Doesn't he have a newborn at home?

mickeymiss

Wait, I'm confused. Who's pearl clutching and then going to the park openings? Tracker? Doesn't he have a newborn at home?

Craig Williams on Dis unplugged as well. Tim Tracker and his wife both said they wouldn't go to the parks when they open. They said this when UO announced opening (back when cases were much lower than now). Tim has since been to UO at least a few times and Disney last week. There have been posters on here as well pearl clutching while also attending opening week.

My question is...who is pressuring them to go? Their channels do well enough without park content.

TrainsOfDisney

Perhaps their personal comfort level has changed? I’m getting instacart and drive thru coffee.. when this all started I was going into my coffee shop daily. (My French press has NEVER been used this much!).

I know Tom Bricker said that after their first breakfast at the Riveria, they have chosen to only dine outdoors based on their comfort level. We all get to choose what we are comfortable with.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Tim Tracker and his wife seemed very hesitant to visit any theme parks back when Florida wasn't having a spike like this but he's been going and went to Disney. He seems to have resorted to family vlogs during the shut down. Is there that much pressure on Disney vloggers to go when it opens? I wouldn't know. I watch them selectively. That guy from Dis Unplugged seemed pretty skittish about covid when UO opened but he's been there a lot and went to Disney last week too. I could even see the Disney sparkle in his eye despite the mask
😉
I have absolutely zero issues with vloggers/influencers making money whether it's for Disney or unboxing a pack of Irish Spring soap.

I do have issues with the hypocrisy in regards to their reactions/opinions on how the parks (Uni/Disney/SW), should be more concerned about "everybody", Yet they themselves just visited for two days and stayed on property and littered their Instagram/Twitter/Snap with captions describing how excited they were to back at WDW....

But don't get me wrong, there are many vloggers/lifestylers who have simply documented the time line of the parks closing up until the re-opening sans personal opinions or critique. That's the news people are looking for (in regards to Central Florida theme parks). I don't care that youre "so concerned" or "disappointed" that the parks shouldn't be open, **after you just spent the last 3 days filming everywhere from Disney Springs to various resorts to Magic Kingdom!

If you believe the parks shouldn't be open, then you shouldn't be there.

I read a (ten page long) Instagram post from a very popular lifestyler who has been reaping the benefits and non stop flooding his/her social media for the last week with absolute excitement to back at Disney Springs last week and attending CM preview ,AP Preview, and opening day preview at MK. All of his/her posts over the last few days were nothing but excitement and happiness to finally be back, but this evening, they posted a full ten page post on how they won't be returning due to their concern for safety and Florida being a hot spot.

These are the same people who claim that anybody not wearing a mask at all times is "selfish" and "just wants to return to how things were". Yet they ignore their own disregard for the very thing they are critical of.

Miss Bella

The other major point of flattening the curve was to produce more PPE and, most importantly, to develop a plan for dealing with the crisis in the medium- and long-term. We did not do that. Until we are willing to get serious, be consistent about messaging, and develop a plan, periodic lockdowns will be necessary.
We have more ventilators than we could ever need in fact we send them to other countries. We have PPE, and the hospitals have done a great job preparing and are handling the surges very well. Thank you very much.

oceanbreeze77

We have more ventilators than we could ever need in fact we send them to other countries. We have PPE, and the hospitals have done a great job preparing and are handling the surges very well. Thank you very much.
maybe your hospital is handling it well, but if you look outside of your own circle you would see that there are plenty of hospitals suffering. Staff shortages, only allocated one PPE gown per day, nurses are still having to use one N95 for their entire shift, and many hospitals in surge states are beginning to double up rooms. Thats not success.

George Lucas on a Bench

I read a (ten page long) Instagram post from a very popular lifestyler who has been reaping the benefits and non stop flooding his/her social media for the last week with absolute excitement to back at Disney Springs last week and attending CM preview ,AP Preview, and opening day preview at MK. All of his/her posts over the last few days were nothing but excitement and happiness to finally be back, but this evening, they posted a full ten page post on how they won't be returning due to their concern for safety and Florida being a hot spot.

Well, they sure picked a heck of a time to go.

oceanbreeze77

At least you admit it you have no idea.
Like I said, look outside of your own circle.

PPE Shortages:

Staff Shortages:

Hospital Bed problems:

Casper Gutman

Like I said, look outside of your own circle.

PPE Shortages:

Staff Shortages:

Hospital Bed problems:
This needs to be shouted from the rooftops. We... do... not... have... enough... PPE. You don’t even need to read those articles - try to get N95 masks.

And it’s impossible to overstate how big a deal this is. Putting aside hospitals for a moment, if we all had and wore N95s, this would be over. We could reopen schools, reopen businesses, travel abroad, go to WDW, eat at restaurants, watch sports.

On just this one, single, solitary issue, the scale of the failure at multiple levels of society is staggering.

Jimmy Thick

I have absolutely zero issues with vloggers/influencers making money whether it's for Disney or unboxing a pack of Irish Spring soap.

I do have issues with the hypocrisy in regards to their reactions/opinions on how the parks (Uni/Disney/SW), should be more concerned about "everybody", Yet they themselves just visited for two days and stayed on property and littered their Instagram/Twitter/Snap with captions describing how excited they were to back at WDW....

But don't get me wrong, there are many vloggers/lifestylers who have simply documented the time line of the parks closing up until the re-opening sans personal opinions or critique. That's the news people are looking for (in regards to Central Florida theme parks). I don't care that youre "so concerned" or "disappointed" that the parks shouldn't be open, **after you just spent the last 3 days filming everywhere from Disney Springs to various resorts to Magic Kingdom!

If you believe the parks shouldn't be open, then you shouldn't be there.

These are the same people who claim that anybody not wearing a mask at all times is "selfish" and "just wants to return to how things were". Yet they ignore their own disregard for the very thing they are critical of.

You know if you flag his videos as harmful dangerous acts his videos will get demonetized. People at Disney World or anyone appearing in vlog's without masks can be considered a harmful dangerous act and Google is looking for anyway not to pay out for content.

But you didn't hear that from me.

Jimmy Thick- My son's Youtube gravy train keeps on a rollin'...

Polkadotdress

A direct quote from the mayor of Miami, who shares that there IS a problem, and that there is a disconnect on information that is being publicly shared.

"We're going to have to start moving regular beds into ICU beds. We're clearly being strained at this point," Miami Beach Mayor Dan Gelber said. "There's a total disconnect between what is happening and being said out of Washington and even Tallahassee and what is happening in some of these communities right here."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom