News Magic Kingdom July 2020 reopening reports

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
2AB7CD14-2BDE-4011-A69D-0CA3B7B67C3A.png

durangojim

I'm most interested in finding out if Disney has installed the new bag scanners at all the parks. My daughter has a medical condition which requires us to carry a small bag with us all the time and these would be a godsend if we didn't need to have the bag checked every time.

jinx8402

Photos of the new DAK security check suggests the same poke and fumble routine of yesterday. Albeit with guests doing it.

Looks like a mix, these photos show some of the new scanners up, but some are manually checking still as well

Edit: Ah, just realized I was in the MK specific thread, and I haven't seen any photos of MK security lines yet. So it could be that MK does not have the scanners (at least yet). Perhaps this is because they are spreading out the security in more places for MK vs other parks.

Last edited:

donsullivan

Premium Member
The image of the new clear bag for metal at security makes me wonder about the process for taking a camera bag into the parks for the near future. That would be mighty cumbersome to empty the bag and then have to repack it on the other side.

_caleb

Watching this report from the FoP queue and fighting the urge to say “told you so!” to all the people who laughed at our comments back in March when some of us said they’d be adding temp checks, mask requirements, and infrastructure for distancing.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm most interested in finding out if Disney has installed the new bag scanners at all the parks. My daughter has a medical condition which requires us to carry a small bag with us all the time and these would be a godsend if we didn't need to have the bag checked every time.
Old scanners and still looking through bags unfortunately

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Photos of the new DAK security check suggests the same poke and fumble routine of yesterday. Albeit with guests doing it.
AK and MK are doing different things this morning. At AK there are reports this morning that small bags can now walk though. Only larger bags need to be searched. MK is using the clear bags.

Surferboy567

Resort TV 1 is live right now at Magic Kingdom. If anyone wants to see what it looks like though video.

I really hope they use the new screening tech eventually.

Disstevefan1

Yes. Everything has to be emptied. Very cumbersome unfortunately

Sorry, what was wrong with poking around with the stick method? The stick could be easily sanitized between guests. This emptying method will result in dropped/damaged/lost stuff besides taking way too long.

Well, maybe it’s just a test and when they realize it’s no good they can go back to the sticks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom