Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Lilofan

swan and dolphin will not be reopening
I think most of their business Swan and Dolphin is convention and business related. I would not be surprised if both hotels close for good. The business traveler customer base is non existent. That is a lot of staff that will still be unemployed.

tissandtully

I don't know if it's going to matter how ultra safe many of us think Disney will be or how much they have already invested into this transition period. The media is putting pressure on them and that's usually the prelude to the end. Polls have begun surfacing that slant slightly towards people thinking they should close. We are booked for August and spent 36 hours on the park reservation system process. We acknowledge that these vacations are a privilege but there are simply no words for how much we desperately needed this one. Not going to lie. Morale has been low low and so many stressful days even before covid. This was really really meaningful to us.

I say none of this to minimize the health situation but I really did feel confident about their safety plan for whatever that is worth. More confident than most things in my own far less affected area. I just sincerely hope that the decision is based on good faith assessments. Universal seemed to be doing well. It doesn't sound like experts are shooting for more lockdowns so how much do we want to disrupt if this virus isnt going anywhere? Closing again now will make it hard to open anytime because case rates will never be predictable.
There will never be a perfect time to open in the foreseeable future, not if we want people to continue to be able to pay bills and buy food, etc.. The theme park industry may die if we continue to close up. Just wear the masks and wash your hands!

Lilofan

There will never be a perfect time to open in the foreseeable future, not if we want people to continue to be able to pay bills and buy food, etc.. The theme park industry may die if we continue to close up. Just wear the masks and wash your hands!
Not only will the industry may die but for Florida's number one economy, many may experience home foreclosures, apartment evictions and homelessness.

disneygeek90

Meanwhile, over at sea world...
0AB2A5D5-FB96-4AC5-814E-7A594EF4D811.jpeg

TrojanUSC

WDW is continuing to look sort of tone deaf in all of this. News stories about cases exploding, hospital capacity nearing a breaking point and then there's Disney: "Excited to announce a new modified character dining option!"

Ive said it from the beginning. Us not getting fireworks, isnt because they cant limit people, its they dont want to pay for it.

It's also because they know people will crowd in the hub for the perfect castle view. Sea World doesn't really have that issue. Epcot would be a lot easier to make socially distanced but the permitter is so larger around the lagoon it would almost impossible to police.

Last edited:

ValerieVvv

I was thinking they don’t know if they are going to push back the date - I think that is why you can not get through on the phones. I do not think anyone can get through. On Saturday they said they will fix my ticket so I can make a park reservations- not done. However my kids have park reservations. I can see that on one of the days the park is now sold out!

TrojanUSC

The fact that nightclubs were open anywhere in the country already is laughable.

They need to close indoor dining, too. Outside seems fine. Most of these "bars" just sell chicken fingers or chips and call themselves a restaurant. It's a workaround that many, many places are doing.

disneygeek90

They need to close indoor dining, too. Outside seems fine. Most of these "bars" just sell chicken fingers or chips and call themselves a restaurant. It's a workaround that many, many places are doing.
Ehhh, yes and no. The bar designation is coming directly from their liquor license the business has. They can't just start selling more food in order to stay open under the restaurant title, it's already pre-determined. If they're operating in spite of their license, that's another problem entirely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom