Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

disdonald

I guess you’re right about that. I am a nursing mom of a teething infant and I forgot about masks for a second. In and out of the restaurant would work.

but he’s got a job at Disney so I don’t know why people keep suggesting he get another job... as though having 3 jobs isn’t enough (and for transparency sake I say he has 2 jobs, he says he has 3. He has Disney, Columbia sportswear is part time, and his 3rd is arena events but he does that like 2x a year so I don’t count it- but he does)

he loves his Disney job... but with almost 10K cases a day... it’s not safe.
What does your husband do to deserve HAZMAT pay or is that risky? I have not seen a specific answer when asked. What is his specific title and/or role with Disney.
Just because someone loves their job, if it is considered too risky, find something else. What about landscaping as an example, you are outside and can be away from anyone. Warehousing is another one at certain companies.
If Disney opens, your husband has a choice, go to work or not and weigh the risks. He is am employee and not the owner.
Universal just let go quite a bit of people who may be happy for a job.
There are rules in place on who gets disability, unemployment, etc. Research to see if you qualify, if you do not, your husband may have to work somewhere.

DisneyDebRob

It looks completely devoid of meaning...

Cause I know “men” can’t be in reference to certain “leaders”...That isn’t even possible
After reading through at least 10 pages from the same 3-4 people of the “ mutual admiration society” from last night, that’s the one that needs a comment on. Still confused but not surprising, much I read from them, the ones that never seem to leave here have me scratching my head. Oh well, good day everyone, let’s get the WDW Covid conversation going!

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
After reading through at least 10 pages from the same 3-4 people of the “ mutual admiration society” from last night, that’s the one that needs a comment on. Still confused but not surprising, much I read from the ones that never seem to leave here have me scratching my head. Oh well, good day everyone, let’s get the WDW Covid conversation going!
In the “real world” today...I’m looking for good news.

I’m not liking my odds.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Some of the posts in this thread over the past 24 hours have been way out of line, which has resulted in several members being banned from taking any further part in this thread. It may be a heated topic, but that is not excuse for what amount to just plain bad manners.

I encourage you to re-read Terms and rules, specifically:

3. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.

4. Posts should always be constructive and on topic. For common issues, simply telling someone to search is not acceptable. If you disagree with a post and feel the need to reply as such, it’s important that you explain why. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted as required.

5. If you feel another user is attacking or being aggressive towards you, report their message to staff. Do not respond publicly. This simply continues the back and forth that derails topics and makes them uncomfortable for other users. If someone attacks you and you respond with an attack, you will be warned regardless of who started it.

G00fyDad

Deaths are down 90% from the peak and falling. There’s your good news.

Because dying from this is the only bad thing that can happen right? It is always an "either/or" situation with people that do not want to see what is staring them straight in the face. You have to realize on some rational level that the hospitalization of this horrific. So why is the falling death rate so important? I would prefer NO ONE die from this so I am happy the death rate is dropping. However, the individual long/short-term health and financial implications for people getting sick is staggering. Not to mention the nightmare that it will do to the overall economy when millions are unable to go back to work for extended periods of time. Here is what you'll be doing if you get sick with this and have to be hospitalized:
For-COVID-19-Patients-Breathing-Easier-Could-Be-as-Simple-as-Flipping-Over-400x241.png

But yeah, the death rate is down.

DisneyDebRob

Some of the posts in this thread over the past 24 hours have been way out of line, which has resulted in several members being banned from taking any further part in this thread. It may be a heated topic, but that is not excuse for what amount to just plain bad manners.

I encourage you to re-read Terms and rules, specifically:

3. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.

4. Posts should always be constructive and on topic. For common issues, simply telling someone to search is not acceptable. If you disagree with a post and feel the need to reply as such, it’s important that you explain why. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted as required.

5. If you feel another user is attacking or being aggressive towards you, report their message to staff. Do not respond publicly. This simply continues the back and forth that derails topics and makes them uncomfortable for other users. If someone attacks you and you respond with an attack, you will be warned regardless of who started it.
Thank you.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Because dying from this is the only bad thing that can happen right? It is always an "either/or" situation with people that do not want to see what is staring them straight in the face. You have to realize on some rational level that the hospitalization of this horrific. So why is the falling death rate so important? I would prefer NO ONE die from this so I am happy the death rate is dropping. However, the individual long/short-term health and financial implications for people getting sick is staggering. Not to mention the nightmare that it will do to the overall economy when millions are unable to go back to work for extended periods of time. Here is what you'll be doing if you get sick with this and have to be hospitalized:
View attachment 480292

But yeah, the death rate is down.
Sheesh. He said he was looking for good news. 🙄

Miss Bella

Why would you give up when I suggest people working while there are 10K cases a day deserve proper protection equipment and extra pay for exposure? That’s not a tall order.
People on the front lines don’t get hazard pay. I’m sorry but iI can’t help you with your situation. You going to have to figure it out.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
People on the front lines don’t get hazard pay. I’m sorry but iI can’t help you with your situation. You going to have to figure it out.
I’m making significantly less money, and I haven’t been able to stop working for a day. And I live In New Jersey.

Touchdown

Good news if you ask me, less dying and getting sick , but i guess to some not so muchView attachment 480243View attachment 480244

If you look at the last week of data on that graph you will notice that we essentially plateaued last week. That is absolutely not good news because it shows that the death rate, while delayed, is still following new case numbers. New cases plateaued for a few weeks and then started going up again nationwide, there is sadly no reason to not expect the death rate to do the same.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
If you look at the last week of data on that graph you will notice that we essentially plateaued last week. That is absolutely not good news because it shows that the death rate, while delayed, is still following new case numbers. New cases plateaued for a few weeks and then started going up again nationwide, there is sadly no reason to not expect the death rate to do the same.
Gotta squint pretty hard to see a plateau there.

Touchdown

Gotta squint pretty hard to see a plateau there.

i don’t know if you are trying to be funny or not but because weekend death rates are always lower then weekday death rates (due to a lot of coroners not being open on the weekend) every week is a little hump in that graph. You’ll notice the last two humps essentially are the same height.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
i don’t know if you are trying to be funny or not but because weekend death rates are always lower then weekday death rates (due to a lot of coroners not being open on the weekend) every week is a little hump in that graph. You’ll notice the last two humps essentially are the same height.

the 7 day rolling average is still on the decline. I would expect this decline to slow the lower it gets. It may flatten eventually for a bit but it hasn’t yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom