Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaklgreen

I mean essential is essential… But I think there should be so many more provisions for people who are deemed essential or who are being forced back to work. Every person that is out there working right now from UPS drivers to grocery store cashiers should be given the proper medical grade protection equipment and they are not. Masks work but masks are not mandatory and most places so the person behind the cash register is over exposed and they should receive the proper medical grade equipment to protect themselves if they are being forced To work. People should also be giving hazard pay… Anyone who is being forced to return to work or who never got to stop working should be given hazard pay and it should all be backdated to the first day that we declared this a pandemic

Yes! Extra pay and maybe actually paid days off for a change. Food workers get the shaft as many do not get any days off paid, not paid holiday or vacation time. If we are so "essential" you would think that we would be worthy of getting a couple of days off paid a year like everyone else. I would love to be sitting my butt at home collecting money and not working. But my job is open, but with limited hours. So not only do I not get to sit at home and collect unemployment, I also do not get full hours so am paid less. Where is the help and support for people like me? And there are plenty of people like me in this situation. It's a bit hard to feel sorry for those who finally have to go back to work.

Jwink

😂😂😂😂😂😂 OMG you are way too much!! Dangerous situations 😂😂😂😂😂!!! Good one! Seriously acting like going back to your job as a receptionist at the local insurance office is equal to I don’t let’s say working on a offshore fishing boat in Alaska is golden!
You’re kinda a nasty person.

‘dangerous situations’ = deadly disease

but ya know... let’s just let everyone go back! Unmasked while we’re at it!

Rider

Yes I believe so. I don't know if there are any agreements in place with air travel, but I suspect not.
Sounds like they are also planning to keep restrictions on the US:

oceanbreeze77

Sounds like they are also planning to keep restrictions on the US:

they're in for their own mess

CaptainAmerica

We are the only country without a comprehensive federal response to this virus. The EU is banning us, along with Russia and Brazil from traveling there, for failure to manage this. Are you not embarrassed to be singled out with Russia and Brazil as truly inept?
The United States is the most geographically diverse country on the planet, it would have made no sense for the response to this to have been federal-led. The appropriate actions for Nebraska and New Jersey are not similar in any way.

Miss Bella

Yes but people (including people here) were hoping that the virus numbers would be under control enough to allow international travel again so they could go to Disney World this summer/fall. That's not happening now.
Gotcha. It’s disappointing for them Im sure. I was supposed to to Europe this Summer. Hopefully, next Summer.

legwand77

The United States is the most geographically diverse country on the planet, it would have made no sense for the response to this to have been federal-led. The appropriate actions for Nebraska and New Jersey are not similar in any way.
Yup some states never did much any different from normal, throughout up to today.

Iowa schools are opening as usual, no social distancing , no masks, no screenings required. Which is imho is very smart

rowrbazzle

I wonder if people aren't mixing up the concepts of asymptomatic spread and degree of contagion. It's true that asymptomatic and presymptomatic spread occur, but a person is most likely to get infected if they are in prolonged contact with an infected person, primarily indoors. Even then, there was a study linked here a few days ago that showed the spouse of an infected person had a 27.8% chance of becoming infected and other members of the household had a 19% chance. These are people in direct contact with an infected person. When the infected person self-isolated in the home after showing symptoms, no other members of the household contracted the virus. Sorry I don't have the link handy right now.

My understanding is that social distancing and masks are meant to curtail widespread transmission of the virus. This is vital because, according to the latest information from the CDC, 94% of the people in this country do not have the virus - we can still curtail the spread if we follow the recommended measures. Maybe I'm misreading some of the comments here, but it seems as though some people believe they are in great danger if someone walks past them not wearing a mask simply because of "asymptomatic spread."

I remember reading that too. I think your point about asymptomatic and presymptomatic is also important to note. I believe asymptomatic means have the virus, but never show symptoms. Presymptomatic means have the virus, but haven't yet shown symptoms. I think presymptomatic spread is much more common than asymptomatic, but both get described as asymptomatic. At least I think that's what I remember reading somewhere.

legwand77

well now I guess would be the time for Desantis to prove himself, yeah?
Well it won't be too hard for him, to get worse than NY there will have to be at least 300 Covid deaths a day in FL every day starting yesterday for months until this fall to get even close. Indications are very high that is not going to happen and that isn't even per captia.

oceanbreeze77

Well to get worse than NY there will have to be at least 300 Covid deaths a day in FL every day starting yesterday until this fall to get close. indications are very high that is not going to happen and that isn't even per captia.
I meant its time for him to put his big boy pants on and clean up this mess. Then maybe, one day, he too will be praised for his effort.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The US Navy has updated restrictions for service members. No amusement parks is one of the new orders. Family of service members are also highly encouraged to avoid.

Does that mean Shades of Green won’t re-open? Maybe you could go and just play golf and there’s always retired military.

schuelma

Well it won't be too hard for him, to get worse than NY there will have to be at least 300 Covid deaths a day in FL every day starting yesterday for months until this fall to get even close. Indications are very high that is not going to happen and that isn't even per captia.

Surely you are aware of the vast differences in circumstances, right? I really hope I don't have to spell this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom