Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Bella

Well it won't be too hard for him, to get worse than NY there will have to be at least 300 Covid deaths a day in FL every day starting yesterday for months until this fall to get even close. Indications are very high that is not going to happen and that isn't even per captia.
I heard today during the press conference there’s only been about 300 nationwide over the last two weeks. Back in March/April it was 2500 a day. New York as far as I know is the only state that sent positive Covid patients back to nursing homes.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I like the part when New York was averaging 9,000 cases per day and Andrew Cuomo was being hailed as a hero and likely VP pick, and then when Ron DeSantis spiked 9,000 cases one time he was literally a mass murderer.
Not too mention how people claim Desantis is "forcing" Disney to open because he is a lap dog for POTUS. But when Newsome out in California announces DL opening, it's cricket noises (from the same camp).

Figgy1

Premium Member
yes really loud /s. Basically Navy guidance is to stay at phase 2 which is very smart. I think the tattoo parlors ban might be more frustrating for most members. digging deep for "bad" news here, plus it isnt that bad.
I haven't had my nails professionally done since February not expecting to until some time next year

SoFloMagic

Well it won't be too hard for him, to get worse than NY there will have to be at least 300 Covid deaths a day in FL every day starting yesterday for months until this fall to get even close. Indications are very high that is not going to happen and that isn't even per captia.
Why does everything have to be a comparison?

-9,000 new cases today of a disease that is very deadly to certain populations
-We've moved from 3% to 5% to 14% positive cases.
-Desantis said when announcing phase one that we had 3% positive tests and if we saw 15% or so, we'd have to roll back

This isn't politics, it's public health.

legwand77

I heard today during the press conference there’s only been about 300 nationwide over the last two weeks. Back in March/April it was 2500 a day. New York as far as I know is the only state that sent positive Covid patients back to nursing homes.
a couple others did with the same results. It wasn't just sending patients back, it was sending patients that weren't residents of a nursing home, to nursing homes that had no cases. Sad part is the sent patients recovered fine but ended up infecting the nursing home and killing a bunch of the residents.

Miss Bella

Not too mention how people claim Desantis is "forcing" Disney to open because he is a lap dog for POTUS. But when Newsome out in California announces DL opening, it's cricket noises.
Disney has never been interested in turning a profit. I mean why would a business want customers?

legwand77

Why does everything have to be a comparison?

-9,000 new cases today of a disease that is very deadly to certain populations
-We've moved from 3% to 5% to 14% positive cases.
-Desantis said when announcing phase one that we had 3% positive tests and if we saw 15% or so, we'd have to roll back

This isn't politics, it's public health.
just putting the OP's original comparison in context to show how ridiculous it was.

Miss Bella

a couple others did with the same results. It wasn't just sending patients back, it was sending patients that weren't residents of a nursing home, to nursing homes that had no cases. Sad part is the sent patients recovered fine but ended up infecting the nursing home and killing a bunch of the residents.
Also putting Covid patients in same rooms with non- Covids. I’ve heard horror stories from nurses that did crisis assignments at some of their inner city hospitals. They also said anyone that died was labeled as a Covid death.

mickeymiss

I have a feeling my governor was doing this with the nursing homes. We had some alarming nursing home outbreaks for our population. I hope I'm wrong. It was just really bad here.

oceanbreeze77

Not too mention how people claim Desantis is "forcing" Disney to open because he is a lap dog for POTUS. But when Newsome out in California announces DL opening, it's cricket noises (from the same camp).
yeah, that's why Disneyland is keeping to their reopening plan.:rolleyes: Did you miss the part where thousands of cast members and residents petitioned to keep it closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom