Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

legwand77

"TUI has cancelled all holidays to Florida for its customers in the UK and Ireland up to the end of November 2020, "due to the ongoing uncertainty around international travel restrictions and the unprecedented impact of Covid-19".

In a statement the firm said, "The decision has been made following new health and safety measures implemented at Walt Disney World to ensure the safety of its guests.

"These changes would significantly impact the holiday experience for many TUI customers who plan their magical and often once in a lifetime Florida holiday.""

funny, cancelled basically because Disney is requiring masks at WDW

kong1802

There it is, just wait two more weeks, we are already in the mean of hospitalizations, but yes it is something to keep an eye on for sure.

Honest question, what are your "benchmarks" for being concerned about this?

Over 10k case number per day? Over 15% positivity rate? ICU bed percentage? Hospitilization percentage? Death rate?

What do you have to see to say, ok, this thing is bad and needs more corrective action to correct?

This is not a dig, really it isn't. Just really would like to see where people's levels are.

hopemax

The FIU data shows clear and concerning hospitalization trends are emerging in South Florida:
  • South Florida hospitalizations for COVID-19 are now eclipsing the peaks reached in mid-April. Miami-Dade on Wednesday had 981 people hospitalized with the virus, surpassing an April 17 peak of 787. Broward County had 391 COVID patients in hospitals, nearing its peak of 413 on April 7. Palm Beach County, with 394 people hospitalized with the virus, has far exceeded a peak of 245 cases on April 20.
  • In Broward County, more COVID-19 patients fill hospital beds each day for the last week, but overall people are sicker in Palm Beach County, where hospitalizations, intensive care and ventilator use for those in critical need have been on the increase since mid-May.
  • Palm Beach County has consistently had the highest percentage of COVID-19 patients in intensive care, accounting for about 33% of the county’s hospital patients. In Broward and Miami-Dade those numbers are 28% and 23%, respectively.
  • All three South Florida counties have reported consistently higher daily hospitalizations from the virus since June 12.
  • Miami-Dade has seen a sharp rise in infected patients on ventilators this week as more patients are in ICU beds.
  • Broward County hospitals have been admitting more patients with the virus than discharging them since June 4.

mickeymiss

Unless these cases are linked to somewhere that is taking extraordinary precautions, I don't see what it changes for Disney. As we see from the state of our nation right now, people are taking liberties with the gathering rule outside. England is also dipping their feet in the severely overcrowded beach trend. Are the gatherings up to 50 contingent on wearing masks? We have taken a sharp turn to being inconsistent about rules and it makes a mockery of the CDC phases. Time to make a fresh plan but we still need to wait before assuming the death rate. My guess is that high risk people are still hunkering down and younger people are less likely to be seriously ill. None of us can justify shuttering MOST businesses again with any credibility. I'm all for bolstering the mask rule for the sake of keeping the country from drowning in a secondary crisis.

disneygeek90

Orange County
Capture.PNG

kong1802

Unless these cases are linked to somewhere that is taking extraordinary precautions, I don't see what it changes for Disney. As we see from the state of our nation right now, people are taking liberties with the gathering rule outside. England is also dipping their feet in the severely overcrowded beach trend. Are the gatherings up to 50 contingent on wearing masks? We have taken a sharp turn to being inconsistent about rules and it makes a mockery of the CDC phases. Time to make a fresh plan but we still need to wait before assuming the death rate. My guess is that high risk people are still hunkering down and younger people are less likely to be seriously ill. None of us can justify shuttering MOST businesses again with any credibility. I'm all for bolstering the mask rule for the sake of keeping the country from drowning in a secondary crisis.

It's time for people to take this very seriously if they don't want to go through a devastating closure again.

It's time to force people to do it if they don't want to (regarding guidelines).

Heppenheimer

I always love how questioning the “masks must be worn, or we’ll all die” narrative is being political...
I haven't heard or read anyone say that "we'll all die".

How about: "If we don't all wear masks in the appropriate situations and perform social distancing, this is all going to spiral out of control again, and we'll be back to the lock-downs and overburdened hospitals of April."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom