News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

JustInTime

Do we actually believe the SSE redo will move forward beyond this? I personally don’t see it happening t which saddens me. It looked great and was one of the few things I was excited about for EPCOT.

Rob562

Slightly random but there's a documentary on Hulu called Spaceship Earth about the group of scientists who lived in the Biosphere 2 in 1991.

They talk a bit about geodesic spheres, but only included one photo of a small group of them standing in front of the namesake attraction. Still, a truly fascinating story!

FYI, the origin and meaning of the term "Spaceship Earth" predates EPCOT by quite a bit...

-Rob

Movielover

Rumor has it that the Rome is burning smell isn't there. I'm guessing the effect just isn't working and that's the issue because there are scents on Pirates.

Rumor has it that the smell was reminding Chapek of the scent of burning money and it triggered him so much that he had the scent machines taken to the empty plot of land formally known as The Carcass Of Inoventions and ordered the Imagineers to perform a Office-Space-like rapid disassembly until there was nothing left...

My source:
1594718216713.png

;)

DCBaker

Premium Member
Can you expand on this? I'm a very simple person, and I am not following.

"As it turns out, our hunch was correct and Disney has CUT two significant projects from the EPCOT Experience video that previews upcoming projects for the park. As you can see in the video below from The Schmoofs YouTube channel, the Spaceship Earth AND Mary Poppins segments were cut from the video. The. video only shows the transitions, but you can compare the segments to see the cuts. The removal of the segments likely hints at significant changes or a complete abandoning of the previously announced projects."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom