News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

mpostak

So you can leave and return to the same park just not go to a second park. That’s good for a midday swim or break and also helps with leaving to eat at a resort then coming back. How does that work with arrival times or are we to assume the latest arrival time would be noon so it doesn’t matter?
Maybe there won't be arrival times.... Guess we should have a zoom meeting around 9 am Monday to discuss our experiences! haha

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I know current situations are unique right now but schools going back hasn't slowed crowds in previous years. Though I suppose lack of international travel and less domestic travel in general the parks could finally feel "seasonal" again.
I’ve been to WDW several times (including a trip planned this August that’s ruined) right after southern schools go back and it’s a big drop down in crowds. According to touringplans before this pandemic destroyed my trip the highest crowd day was a 5 and we had several parks with 1 and 2 crowd days. It’s hot as the surface of the sun and a slightly higher risk of hurricanes but its definitely better than the July-August 15 period.

PolynesianPrincess

No way there is a discount. Plenty of people choose to arrive later than rope drop on any given day so I assume anyone who wants a rope drop arrival will book another park that day. I personally wouldn’t be too happy with a noon arrival in the summer when your high noon arrival puts you directly on the face of the sun for the heat of the day...and you are wearing a mask. Sounds magical :rolleyes: Not too many people are going to happily survive even 7 hours in the heat under those conditions. Noon to 7 will be pretty tough to handle.

There obviously won't be a discount but I wouldn't be too pleased if I wanted to arrive at 9am and was forced to arrive at noon and there were no other earlier option at any of the other parks. It's one thing to choose to arrive later in the day on your own but to have them force you to arrive later but pay full price is a slap in the face. I know there won't be any discounts for it though

PREMiERdrum

There obviously won't be a discount but I wouldn't be too pleased if I wanted to arrive at 9am and was forced to arrive at noon and there were no other earlier option at any of the other parks. It's one thing to choose to arrive later in the day on your own but to have them force you to arrive later but pay full price is a slap in the face. I know there won't be any discounts for it though

This isn't how the "select time" feature will be used.

Once you validate your admission, select your date, and select the park, you will "select time" to acknowledge that you understand that park's operating hours. They went over this extensively in our training: That's simply where that park's operating hours for that day will be listed and by selecting them you will agree that you understand the new hours.

AEfx

It looks like our winter trip will be a Universal Only thing. It just doesn’t seem worth “Disney money” for what would be a partial experience for us. No park hopping, having to pick a single park ahead of time, and no nighttime shows/limited entertainment just would feel too cramped for us, especially at Disney’s premium prices.

I’m also betting that Universal will offer some great package deals with the new properties there. With two theme parks plus Volcano Bay, which we adore, a nice relaxing Universal week actually sounds quite nice, versus the military precision that a Disney vacation will be.

Ben_since_1971

I did too about twenty minutes ago. Any idea if we need to modify the tickets (ie taking off the park hopper option) before making reservations? I am just going by the same email right now.
If you click through the links in the email on tickets, you can modify (i.e. remove the Park Hopper and PH+ options) after June 22. So it should not impact making park reservations. I will be calling them next week to have PH+ removed from my ticket.

Lirael

This isn't how the "select time" feature will be used.

Once you validate your admission, select your date, and select the park, you will "select time" to acknowledge that you understand that park's operating hours. They went over this extensively in our training: That's simply where that park's operating hours for that day will be listed and by selecting them you will agree that you understand the new hours.
It's a weird way of naming it and showcasing it then. Wouldn't it be better and clearer if they just went like: "The [park you selected] operating hours for [date you selected] are [opening and close times], do you wish to proceed?" Aka "Confirm operating hours" rather then "select time". By showing a morning, noon etc image without explaining and calling it "select time" makes it feel like the park may be open from the crack of dawn, but you might not be allowed to get in until that hour at noon where the sun's objective is to bake you if others snagged the morning slots first.

And even so, I know they likely won't give discounts but it would be no-go for me if I had to pay full park admission for something operating only half day and I couldn't park hop elsewhere while it's close

disneygeek90

It looks like our winter trip will be a Universal Only thing. It just doesn’t seem worth “Disney money” for what would be a partial experience for us. No park hopping, having to pick a single park ahead of time, and no nighttime shows/limited entertainment just would feel too cramped for us, especially at Disney’s premium prices.

I’m also betting that Universal will offer some great package deals with the new properties there. With two theme parks plus Volcano Bay, which we adore, a nice relaxing Universal week actually sounds quite nice, versus the military precision that a Disney vacation will be.
It's not going to be relaxing if everyone jumps ship though and they're at capacity too lol

PREMiERdrum

It's a weird way of naming it and showcasing it then.
I completely agree. It looks like they set it up with arrival times in mind, but they are stressing that that is not the case. Perhaps this nomenclature will make more sense once park hopping returns later this year?

Mainahman

I completely agree. It looks like they set it up with arrival times in mind, but they are stressing that that is not the case. Perhaps this nomenclature will make more sense once park hopping returns later this year?
Makes sense why they would do that, but thank you for hooking us up with the details.

jinx8402

@PREMiERdrum

Do you know if you can remove certain people from a reservation without cancelling the entire reservation? Say I make a reservation for two groups of people, but one group decides not to go on vacation can I drop from 9 to 5 people on the reservation? Along the same lines, is there a limit of how many you can have in a group?

Just trying to figure out if I should make reservations for the whole group or not considering we want to go to the same parks each day, but the other party isn't 100% sure they are still going.

Lirael

If this is supposed to be them implementing a system for those with park hoppers to now have to plan and schedule which park they plan to go to then hop on to each day, it makes more sense. And honestly, i'll understand if they implement having to choose when to park given the current situation.

But it's weird they're throwing this out now and not a more basic and clearer "the park operating hours is X do you still want to go on this day?"

tdemon

Does anyone know if Disney Springs hotels are the "other select hotel reservations" that can reserve park days starting on the 22nd? Would like to be able to book more than 3 days for our stay in August, staying at doubletree Disney Springs.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
and another thing I heard was potentially you could do a second park later in the day if it still had availability. Not sure how that will look thought IF it were true

Maybe something as straightforward as a stop light system in MDE that reflects crowd levels 60 minutes out. Red for park at capacity or not taking new guests, green for parks not close to capacity, yellow for close to capacity (guest risk by going but not being admitted).

However, I don't think a system that opens and shuts repeatedly would work well when people start forming a "bullpen" outside gates waiting for capacity to become available. Such an area unnecessarily risks undermining social distancing practices.

I still think EPCOT is the only park that makes sense to open hopping. HS and MK would face aforementioned crowded "bullpen" issues of people waiting just for a chance. AK closing at 6pm is early for people who would want to hop *to* AK, so why bother? EPCOT is open the latest, can best handle more people, and most needs evening guests for dining. Alas, opening Ratatouille and expanded France pavilion would do wonders to equalize/smooth out park demand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom