News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Lirael

I'm confused about the time choice. Doesn't that mean you're saying you'll pay a full day ticket price but can only arrive at noon? Or are they giving price discounts?

DisneyOutsider

I am not talking about priority over someone else's reservations... Prior resort reservations booked during and after the pandemic... sure I understand absolutely... But you pay up front for an AP and with it comes park hopping, a full year of no blocked out dates. To now say that a non-resort AP guest is limited to ONLY 2 days of booking (if available) in advance, makes the value of the ticket worth less than a printed copy of the Orlando Sentinel.

I hear you on the reduced value of your AP. I think that if you do feel strongly about this, you should call guest services and maybe see if they can refund you. I'd do the same if I was a local AP holder.

mpostak

No, I don't think this is right. There's no way they prevent people from arriving earlier than their posted time and waiting, thus creating a huge crowd. If it IS true, and I can't get an early arrival time at the park and I'm forced to arrive to MK at noon with a 7pm closing, I'm gonna be some ticked off.
Thanks As I said mine was a belief but your points are well taken!

PolynesianPrincess

:cool:
I'm confused about the time choice. Doesn't that mean you're saying you'll pay a full day ticket price but can only arrive at noon? Or are they giving price discounts?

They better be giving discounts if I want to be there at 8am and can't get a time til noon. I'm NOT paying a full days price when they are not allowing me the option to arrive earlier. If I choose not to arrive til noon on a regular day, fine, that's my choice. but if they're not giving me that option, they better be handing out discounts :cool::cool:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No way there is a discount. Plenty of people choose to arrive later than rope drop on any given day so I assume anyone who wants a rope drop arrival will book another park that day. I personally wouldn’t be too happy with a noon arrival in the summer when your high noon arrival puts you directly on the face of the sun for the heat of the day...and you are wearing a mask. Sounds magical :rolleyes: Not too many people are going to happily survive even 7 hours in the heat under those conditions. Noon to 7 will be pretty tough to handle.

Mattyp353

:cool:

They better be giving discounts if I want to be there at 8am and can't get a time til noon. I'm NOT paying a full days price when they are not allowing me the option to arrive earlier. If I choose not to arrive til noon on a regular day, fine, that's my choice. but if they're not giving me that option, they better be handing out discounts :cool::cool:
You really think there will be discounts around people's plans? I am not trying to be a jerk but am curious.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
One month... wow.
I'm speechless.....
I take that to mean they don’t expect the limitation to last longer than a month. FL and other Southern schools go back about a month after the parks open. Demand drops dramatically, problem solved. Or jut cancel and get the partial refund.

Mattyp353

I take that to mean they don’t expect the limitation to last longer than a month. FL and other Southern schools go back about a month after the parks open. Demand drops dramatically, problem solved. Or jut cancel and get the partial refund.
Metro Atlanta schools are pushing back open dates already. We just found out this week here.

disneygeek90

I know current situations are unique right now but schools going back hasn't slowed crowds in previous years. Though I suppose lack of international travel and less domestic travel in general the parks could finally feel "seasonal" again.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just received an email from our travel person that says that whatever park you have for that day, you are permitted to leave and come back later in the day. Someone had asked this earlier
So you can leave and return to the same park just not go to a second park. That’s good for a midday swim or break and also helps with leaving to eat at a resort then coming back. How does that work with arrival times or are we to assume the latest arrival time would be noon so it doesn’t matter?

RememberWhen

We have DVC gold passes and a trip scheduled for black-out time in December, staying Pop and AKL-KV. We were/are planning to upgrade the passes, but I don’t think I can do that right now? But I will need to pick park days? We also have a trip in February. I have no idea what our park plans will be. I was kind of relieved when they pushed out the ADR date since it meant I didn’t need to worry about which park on which day for another couple months. Then they drop this Friday afternoon...

I guess I’ll see what happens Monday. I did get an email saying it would be open on the 22nd, so who knows?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom