Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeS7

Most of the continuing protests are now mostly mask-wearing and even try to social distance as they march or gather.

If people whose anti-lockdown stance is all about not destroying the economy, then here's what you do: mandate masks and social distancing as you open up.

"Opening things up" and, at the same time, not wearing masks is counterproductive. A nice way of saying 'dumb.' It's the perfect storm to create a new spike.

And if they want to open up but are dead set against masks... then I highly doubt they were that worried about the economy in the first place, and just used that as an excuse to not wear a mask because of the inconvenience.
^ Exactly this. If they were truly concerned about the economy, they'd be willing to do whatever was necessary (ex: wear a mask) to get it restarted. It's not about that. It's about them and their own comfort. They don't care about the economy, they just care that it's running so that they can return to "normal" and do everything they want to do.

Don't get me wrong, there are some people with genuine concern for the economy, but if you're saying that and then not wearing a mask or practicing social distancing, you fall into the above group.

Heppenheimer

^ Exactly this. If they were truly concerned about the economy, they'd be willing to do whatever was necessary (ex: wear a mask) to get it restarted. It's not about that. It's about them and their own comfort. They don't care about the economy, they just care that it's running so that they can return to "normal" and do everything they want to do.

Don't get me wrong, there are some people with genuine concern for the economy, but if you're saying that and then not wearing a mask or practicing social distancing, you fall into the above group.
Speaking of the "above group"... I lost a little bit of faith in some of my fellow American citizens after seeing this:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Speaking of the "above group"... I lost a little bit of faith in some of my fellow American citizens after seeing this:

So 100 out of 10,000,000. I would definitely just ignore those idiots. We need to wear masks in public for now.

Heppenheimer

So 100 out of 10,000,000. I would definitely just ignore those idiots. We need to wear masks in public for now.
I'm sure there's idiots like this in every county, though. If it were only so simple to avoid a select group in Orange County, CA.

Last edited:

Kevin_W

Where were all these people complaining about the BLM protestors not wearing masks when armed maskless white men were protesting against social distancing orders?

Plenty of people were complaining about those groups as well.

And before we blame this all on protests, remember that at least some states (Ohio, Minnesota, others) have not seen an increase in cases. And there were certainly protests in those states.

Something is definitely different about Florida.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Plenty of people were complaining about those groups as well.

And before we blame this all on protests, remember that at least some states (Ohio, Minnesota, others) have not seen an increase in cases. And there were certainly protests in those states.

Something is definitely different about Florida.
Philadelphia has had large protests for several weeks now. New cases:
F9831EE4-4C90-4709-9090-62E1E854B70A.png

Seanual757

The sad thing in all of this is it feels like the governor cares more about getting his tourism tax money then about doing the right thing. Which is getting Covid-19 under control. They need to have had more restrictions in place as things open. Here in Ontario Canada, restaurants can open but only patios, no indoor seating.

I am not a fan of our governor but at the same time I do understand that we need to get the Florida economy going. Our state especially Central Florida cannot afford to have the theme parks closed. If Disney is closed so are the businesses in the area and we thrive on tourism. We can still open and be safe I am all for masks, social distancing, but again everything can be open but we need to do our part be safe and do our part as locals and as well as visitors.

Jrb1979

I am not a fan of our governor but at the same time I do understand that we need to get the Florida economy going. Our state especially Central Florida cannot afford to have the theme parks closed. If Disney is closed so are the businesses in the area and we thrive on tourism. We can still open and be safe I am all for masks, social distancing, but again everything can be open but we need to do our part be safe and do our part as locals and as well as visitors.
I am in agreement with that. IMO the strict social distancing measures Disney and Universal have in place should be the same for every business in Florida.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The Governor of California has announced a state-wide public mask requirement.

"Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday ordered all Californians to wear face coverings while in public or high-risk settings, including when shopping, taking public transit or seeking medical care, following growing concerns that an increase in coronavirus cases has been caused by residents failing to voluntarily take that precaution."

"Masks must be worn by Californians in their workplace, when serving customers or any member of the public, by all food service workers, when working or walking through hallways and parking facilities and when riding on elevators. People who drive buses, taxis, ride-sharing vehicles or any other service that accepts passengers also must wear masks."

"The state mandate exempts children two years old and under and people with a medical, mental health or developmental disability that prevents them from wearing a face covering. Restaurant customers are also exempt when eating and drinking, as are residents recreating outdoors as long as they are able to socially distance from others.

Face coverings also are not required for the hearing impaired, or those communicating with them, or for workers whose health may be put at risk or may need to temporarily remove a mask to perform a task or service."

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
If Disney is closed so are the businesses in the area and we rely on tourism.

FTFY

As of February 2020, the Department of Economic Opportunity estimated that of the 9.1 million people employed in Florida, 1.3 million have jobs related to the tourism industry, which contributes $85.9 billion to the state GDP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom