What did you do?

JillC LI

Weekly run temps ranged from 77 to 81. At 0630. With 98% humidity. Brutal.
Yeah it's in the 70s at 6am here too. But today I am delighted to report that I found a nearby neighborhood that is a 3 minute drive away which isn't nearly as hilly as mine! I intend to do my long runs there until I can safely return to the lake trail. It was a lovely albeit hot 6.25 miles this morning.
But it is a dry heat, right?!? 🤪
If my husband says this one more time I might choke him!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
About 4 miles yesterday and about 4.3 today. For the past month, my running app has been over calculating distances, but my Garmin has been under calculating them (this I know because sometimes the GPS will cut out).

OG Runner

Okay, I am getting a bit of the miserable weather also. I ran 3 and a half on Sunday, 77 degrees with high humidity.
Amazingly it pour Saturday night, but it took none of the humidity out of the air.

GenerationX

3 miles at 6:00am. Only 73 degrees, but definitely had the 300% humidity. Shirt, socks, underwear ... soaked almost as though I had jumped in a pool. A gross, sweat-filled pool.

dreamfinder

Hi everyone! My name is Dreamfinder (Hi Dreamfinder...), and it was 2 weeks since my last run. But managed to get out for a few miles last night. The run itself felt like crap, but I needed it. Thanks for listening. Someone around here needs to learn how to make coffee, the coffee out back tastes terrible and the donuts were stale.

Seriously though, my gym not being open in the early AM now that have partially reopened is killing me. Getting billed for something I can't use, and trying to squeak out time after work in between playing with my DS, the dog, dinner, chores just aint happening.

Keep at it everyone, hope you are more successful than I am.

OG Runner

Hi everyone! My name is Dreamfinder (Hi Dreamfinder...), and it was 2 weeks since my last run. But managed to get out for a few miles last night. The run itself felt like crap, but I needed it. Thanks for listening. Someone around here needs to learn how to make coffee, the coffee out back tastes terrible and the donuts were stale.

Seriously though, my gym not being open in the early AM now that have partially reopened is killing me. Getting billed for something I can't use, and trying to squeak out time after work in between playing with my DS, the dog, dinner, chores just aint happening.

Keep at it everyone, hope you are more successful than I am.

Could be a contagious malaise. If so, I blame myself. Three weeks ago, I ran a little over 30miles that week. Since then, I have put in
about 12 miles total. I used excuses like the heat and humidity, but for the most part, I have to admit, I just did not want to. I am
setting a goal of 80 to 90 miles for July. I will let you all know how it goes.

GenerationX

Couldn't get out at 6am and had to go just before lunch at 11am. Not good. 87, sunny, and bonkers humidity. Oh, did my speed suffer. I haven't run this slow in over a month, according to both RunKeeper and FitBit. Given the choice between heat stroke and slow time, I chose the latter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom