Disney Springs Mask Enforcement

Walt Disney1955

I get it, you think it's a fake pandemic, gotcha. However if a place like Disney sets rules to keep people safe such as having a mandatory mask rule then they should be doing everything to enforce it. This is how they are trying to get people to come back to their parks and if you don't like it then don't go. It's that simple. No one is making anyone go but if they choose to do so then follow the rules set forth by them and don't whine about it.

The virus isn't fake, there is a flu-like virus that is out there that has not come in the same universe that they predicted. It is the reaction that is a scam. You'll survive if you walk around without a mask. Eventually this will wear thin and companies will just eventually brush it aside. Because Disney doesn't want "social distancing" in a theme park anymore than I do. If I had this conversation with you in February that we ought to have social distancing at Splash Mountain lines you'd have had me committed to a mental institution.....................and you'd have been right.

Walt Disney1955

This is a really ignorant statement. Especially when there are still plenty of studies saying that masks can significantly help.

The masks are fine in the Florida heat. So many people like to use the heat as an excuse instead of just saying you don't care if they work.

You'll live without one. I promise. You really think with the riots and protests and such that there is any sort of "physical distancing" going on? I saw the footage of the looters, barely any masks. They are alive, criminals and all, but they are alive.

There are a lot of us just waiting for people to realize how ridiculous they look and I'll admit it is taking longer than I assumed it would. But when it happens, that's when these things will be a thing of the past and the fun things we used to do will play off that normalcy again and you just will slowly start to see things get back to normal. Such things as we will be able to see our smiling faces in pictures in front of the Castle. That was normal, you know?

disneygeek90

You'll live without one. I promise. You really think with the riots and protests and such that there is any sort of "physical distancing" going on? I saw the footage of the looters, barely any masks. They are alive, criminals and all, but they are alive.

There are a lot of us just waiting for people to realize how ridiculous they look and I'll admit it is taking longer than I assumed it would. But when it happens, that's when these things will be a thing of the past and the fun things we used to do will play off that normalcy again and you just will slowly start to see things get back to normal. Such things as we will be able to see our smiling faces in pictures in front of the Castle. That was normal, you know?
Just because others are not following certain guidelines, doesn't mean we just toss the whole thing in the trash and say "oh well." This isn't going away in the next weeks or months. Sheesh.

Walt Disney1955

Just because others are not following certain guidelines, doesn't mean we just toss the whole thing in the trash and say "oh well." This isn't going away in the next weeks or months. Sheesh.

No, it won't go away ever. Covid-19 is here to stay. It will be a virus that we will just have to live and co-exist with, like every other one before. You have lived your whole life with viruses in the air and you are here aren't you? So the best thing we can do for humanity is to toss the masks in the garbage and get back to normal because the quicker we get immune to this and build up our immune system then the better things will be. What exactly is your exit strategy with wearing a mask? You have to take it off eventually and face the music. Corona will still be there regardless.

Right now our society is like a young child being afraid to go into the deep end of the pool. And they aren't letting anyone go in the deep end, even those that want to. How is this progress exactly?

disneygeek90

No, it won't go away ever. Covid-19 is here to stay. It will be a virus that we will just have to live and co-exist with, like every other one before. You have lived your whole life with viruses in the air and you are here aren't you? So the best thing we can do for humanity is to toss the masks in the garbage and get back to normal because the quicker we get immune to this and build up our immune system then the better things will be. What exactly is your exit strategy with wearing a mask? You have to take it off eventually and face the music. Corona will still be there regardless.

Right now our society is like a young child being afraid to go into the deep end of the pool. And they aren't letting anyone go in the deep end, even those that want to. How is this progress exactly?
Can't wait to see the hospitalizations and deaths rack up with this strategy!

NickMaio

What you dont seem to get is that this virus is NEW.....as in no one has immunity or even a vaccine. It has effected global economies and in turn millions have lost their jobs yet you think society and ALL governments around the globe are over reacting.
The flu's you are taking about have been circulating for decades. HUGE difference and thus cant be compared.
Your ignorance surrounding this virus is staggering.
However given that the US is now a global leader in infected persons....I'm betting you are not alone.

To everyone else who is doing their part, a huge thank you.

Prince-1

The virus isn't fake, there is a flu-like virus that is out there that has not come in the same universe that they predicted. It is the reaction that is a scam. You'll survive if you walk around without a mask. Eventually this will wear thin and companies will just eventually brush it aside. Because Disney doesn't want "social distancing" in a theme park anymore than I do. If I had this conversation with you in February that we ought to have social distancing at Splash Mountain lines you'd have had me committed to a mental institution.....................and you'd have been right.

Luckily, there are smarter people than you and I when it comes to this pandemic are making the decisions on how to keep people safe as possible.

Last edited:

mergatroid

You know this how though? Is it an educated 'guess' are do you have proof it will never go? If it's research saying that then where is it that you found that confirmation?

My guess is that it will be curable, but that's just my guess and my research is reading reports from scientists and doctors currently working on a cure. They could be wrong and you could right, time will tell. However my 'guess' which may be wrong, means people are inconvenienced a little longer. Your 'guess' could result in more deaths.

There's always two sides and I see your point, I don't think we're there yet though.

Last edited:

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
Masks don't exclude kids. My kids are fine with the masks on, they're 6 and 8. Plenty of kids properly wearing masks at universal enjoying themselves too.

Covid isn't a joke. My mother died from it - her blood thickened and she had multiple strokes, horrible neurological damage. All caused by covid. She was in her 50's and was otherwise healthy and active.

If you don't want to wear it than don't, but don't come to places where it's MANDATORY and then complain about people being too uptight about the guidelines. They're there for a reason. If you want to vacation without a mask I'm sure there are plenty of other places you can go. 🤷

Much-Pixie-Dust

Masks don't exclude kids. My kids are fine with the masks on, they're 6 and 8. Plenty of kids properly wearing masks at universal enjoying themselves too.

Covid isn't a joke. My mother died from it - her blood thickened and she had multiple strokes, horrible neurological damage. All caused by covid. She was in her 50's and was otherwise healthy and active.

If you don't want to wear it than don't, but don't come to places where it's MANDATORY and then complain about people being too uptight about the guidelines. They're there for a reason. If you want to vacation without a mask I'm sure there are plenty of other places you can go. 🤷
I am so sorry for your loss.

mergatroid

So sorry to hear that.

lilypgirl

So, I went to Disney Springs yesterday and didn’t feel fully safe. All the cast members I saw were wearing masks, but there was a lot of guests not wearing them and I didn’t see any cast members enforcing mask wearing. I felt safe around cast members but not other guests. I’d expect Disney to enforce this but I don’t know if they fully are. Anyone else notice this? I attached some pics.
Did you stick around if you felt unsafe? Why would you post these pictures of strangers? Is this an attempt to publicly shame them? How do you deal in situations where mask aren't mandatory but suggested and people aren't wearing them? I am not arguing the mask and whether people should wear them because Disney requires them so if you are on their property you should follow the rules but I am very curious to your post . why you would use the word unsafe as if guest were walking around with semi automatic guns and instead of mask less?

The mask requirement may not exclude your kids, but surely you understand that your kids are not just exactly like all other kids in the country, right? Have you seen all the comments from parents that their kids cannot tolerate masks? Have you listened to them? Or have you just dismissed everyone who does not have the exact same experience as you do as selfish whiners?

I really don't think you would see a kid in a wheelchair and think, "My kids don't need a wheelchair. So no one else's kids should need a wheelchair, either." At least, I hope you wouldn't do that. You have been educated that there are kids who are different from your kids who have different needs than your kids.

Somehow people totally ignore the knowledge that people are different when it comes to masks. We get it with most other things in life, but with masks, maybe because they are so new, we want those differences to disappear. There truly are a lot of people who cannot tolerate them for various reasons- from asthma to other breathing issues to sensory issues to anxiety to claustrophobia to PTSD. And here is where someone jumps in and says, "Well I have asthma and I can tolerate them so everyone with asthma should be able to tolerate them," or "Well I have a child with sensory issues and he can tolerate them so everyone should be able to tolerate them." We really need to step back and realize that our disabilities and differences don't go away in times of pandemic- and that others don't respond to things the same way we do.

We are vacationing in other places- I have no plans to go to Disney or Universal or any place that requires masks. I get following rules. I am a big rule follower. You are right- there are many places that don't require them- and we have been on two vacations this summer and have two more coming up. We have lots of options for places to go and things to do. Most places in the South are only recommending masks- probably because they don't want the headaches and lawsuits that come along with requiring them. And they don't want to lose all the customers they will lose if they require them.

I do not think the virus is a joke. I hate the virus. It has done irreparable harm and continues to do it. But I can't hide from it and let my children wither away from depression from it either. We have to continue life- and I and my kids continue life without masks because we cannot tolerate them.

I am truly sorry about your mom. I understand that loss. I lost my mom less than two years ago and that pain is indescribable. I hope they find a vaccine or a treatment very soon.

disneygeek90

The mask requirement may not exclude your kids, but surely you understand that your kids are not just exactly like all other kids in the country, right? Have you seen all the comments from parents that their kids cannot tolerate masks? Have you listened to them? Or have you just dismissed everyone who does not have the exact same experience as you do as selfish whiners?

I really don't think you would see a kid in a wheelchair and think, "My kids don't need a wheelchair. So no one else's kids should need a wheelchair, either." At least, I hope you wouldn't do that. You have been educated that there are kids who are different from your kids who have different needs than your kids.

Somehow people totally ignore the knowledge that people are different when it comes to masks. We get it with most other things in life, but with masks, maybe because they are so new, we want those differences to disappear. There truly are a lot of people who cannot tolerate them for various reasons- from asthma to other breathing issues to sensory issues to anxiety to claustrophobia to PTSD. And here is where someone jumps in and says, "Well I have asthma and I can tolerate them so everyone with asthma should be able to tolerate them," or "Well I have a child with sensory issues and he can tolerate them so everyone should be able to tolerate them." We really need to step back and realize that our disabilities and differences don't go away in times of pandemic- and that others don't respond to things the same way we do.

We are vacationing in other places- I have no plans to go to Disney or Universal or any place that requires masks. I get following rules. I am a big rule follower. You are right- there are many places that don't require them- and we have been on two vacations this summer and have two more coming up. We have lots of options for places to go and things to do. Most places in the South are only recommending masks- probably because they don't want the headaches and lawsuits that come along with requiring them. And they don't want to lose all the customers they will lose if they require them.

I do not think the virus is a joke. I hate the virus. It has done irreparable harm and continues to do it. But I can't hide from it and let my children wither away from depression from it either. We have to continue life- and I and my kids continue life without masks because we cannot tolerate them.

I am truly sorry about your mom. I understand that loss. I lost my mom less than two years ago and that pain is indescribable. I hope they find a vaccine or a treatment very soon.
I think most understand that some for whatever reason (age, asthma, sensory issues) can not wear a mask. We understand that. However, this situation is temporary. I think you're doing the right thing in choosing other places to vacation for a myriad of reasons beyond just masks, but please don't think that we are writing off kids or adults that can not visit with masks. We see you, we feel you, but this is one rule that has to just sit tight for the betterment of humanity.

Jon81uk

Feel lucky that you can travel and vacation. Over here in the UK we have a much lower death rate than the US (but still higher than much of Europe who put harder lockdowns in place). Even within the UK we can't go anywhere as hotels etc aren't open, theme parks might start to re-open in July (after being closed since about the 20th March).

I'm choosing to stay at home at the moment and plan vacations for 2021 instead.

Feel lucky that you can travel and vacation. Over here in the UK we have a much lower death rate than the US (but still higher than much of Europe who put harder lockdowns in place). Even within the UK we can't go anywhere as hotels etc aren't open, theme parks might start to re-open in July (after being closed since about the 20th March).

I'm choosing to stay at home at the moment and plan vacations for 2021 instead.

I do. I feel very lucky. I hope things open up soon in the UK for those who want to travel and vacation. Being isolated is tolerable for a short time, but the negative mental and emotional effects of long-term shutdowns can be devastating for some.

Chi84

Premium Member
I do. I feel very lucky. I hope things open up soon in the UK for those who want to travel and vacation. Being isolated is tolerable for a short time, but the negative mental and emotional effects of long-term shutdowns can be devastating for some.
Thank you for trying to bring some kindness and compassion to the discussion. It takes a good deal of wisdom and self-assurance to be able to look past one's own experience. Some people need the validation that comes from believing that other people are exactly like them and think alike.

Even the experts who recommend masks at this time acknowledge that there are disadvantages to wearing them, from the potential for self-contamination to breathing difficulties and increased danger of being overcome by heat and humidity. I'm in good shape, but older, and I find it difficult to breathe in a mask that covers both my mouth and nose. Also, I'm slightly hearing-impaired and I didn't realize until everyone started wearing masks how much I looked at people's expressions and lips to understand what they are saying. I can't imagine how difficult mask-wearing can be for people with serious disabilities.

Like you, I'm a rule follower, so I stay home much more than I did and I wear a mask when I go out. But it galls me when I read someone say something like "What's the danger with masks - oh, that's right - nothing!" Or people advising others to just put on a mask and go about their usual routine. For some that's not possible. Not asking for exceptions, but a little understanding would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom