News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

DCBaker

Premium Member
Some other things to note -

"Club-level service will be temporarily unavailable"

"Character Dining will not be offered during the initial reopening -- but there will be a "modified Character Dining experience" at Topolino's Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera."

"Pin Trading: We will continue to offer Guests the opportunity to pin trade with Cast Members through the use of pin boards in select locations. Cast pin trading with lanyards will not be available at this time to maintain physical distancing."

"New collection product launches and limited-edition merchandise will not be available for in-person purchases at Walt Disney World Resort until further notice."

"To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through October 3, 2020."

Electrical Water Pageant - temporarily suspended

Last edited:

Pangyal

What is considered the “initial opening phase”? Is it when just DVC and FW are open pre-park openings, or does it encompass the first few weeks (?) of the opening of the entire resort?

donsullivan

Premium Member
What is considered the “initial opening phase”? Is it when just DVC and FW are open pre-park openings, or does it encompass the first few weeks (?) of the opening of the entire resort?
Don't expect any concrete calendars of what will change on what dates in advance. How things progress will be based on the number of guests visiting the parks, hotel occupancy, how well guests follow the rules, etc..

Despite those inside a bubble here, Walt Disney World is expecting attendance numbers to be way, way down for some time. Those inside the super-fan bubble are eager to get back but the general public is not expected to return and there will be all but no International tourists for quite some time. Don't expect to see every hotel re-open immediately; they simply will not need the capacity.

This is going to be a constantly change, ever adapting thing that may be different in seemingly random ways every single week and they will not notify you very far in advance of a change (if at all) along the way.

ThatMouse

So more things taken away like resort hopping, half the reason we GO to Disney, and still no word on a bigger refund or extension for passholders. It's still set to resume on July 11. Frustrating losing $$$.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Guests with a reservation at a Walt Disney World hotel between June 22, 2020 and July 4, 2020 are asked to either confirm, modify, or cancel their reservations by June 12th."

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 6.44.54 PM.png

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Staying in a resort hotel does not guarantee access to the parks from July 11.

This is going to be a major sticking point for a lot of people. If they aren’t going to guarantee on-site guests access to at least one of the four parks each day of their trip, I think a lot of people will cancel.

I do think they should hold spots for resort guests and once those are scheduled out release spots for day guests and AP’s.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Staying in a resort hotel does not guarantee access to the parks from July 11.

This is going to be a major sticking point for a lot of people. If they aren’t going to guarantee on-site guests access to at least one of the four parks each day of their trip, I think a lot of people will cancel.

I do think they should hold spots for resort guests and once those are scheduled out release spots for day guests and AP’s.
And Disney knows that guests will cancel if they are not guaranteed admission. They have decided they are okay with that right now. That's why they are telling you more than a month before the re-opening.

They also know that it is completely inappropriate and unacceptable to exclude everyone else from the parks just so resort guests can have exclusive access to the parks.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Dont forget

Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort. That applies to people from Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York and Louisiana per the Governor of Floridas' decrees.

For @jpeden , comment, they don't have an idea (publically available) of how many resorts and rooms will be available, so it's still squishy.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Dont forget

Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort. That applies to people from Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York and Louisiana per the Governor of Floridas' decrees.

For @jpeden , comment, they don't have an idea (publically available) of how many resorts and rooms will be available, so it's still squishy.

But Disney does have that information so for them to make this statement means they’ve decided to not guarantee resort guests park access when they could and should.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
But Disney does have that information so for them to make this statement means they’ve decided to not guarantee resort guests park access when they could and should.

could and should . Sorry to disagree, but the purchase of a room rental does not at this time include a park admission reservation. Capacity is limited in the parks with no park-hopping and no resort hopping allowed at the present.

TTA94

Dont forget

Wonder when that order for those states is going to end?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Wonder when that order for those states is going to end?
I don't expect it will last all that much longer. They took down the checkpoint in the panhandle and lifted the restriction (governor removed Louisiana from the Exec Order) for Louisiana just a day or so ago. So I believe the only checkpoint left is the one on I95 along with the restriction for the 3 NE states. It feels like it's going to slowly fade away in the coming weeks

aladdin2007

So more things taken away like resort hopping, half the reason we GO to Disney, and still no word on a bigger refund or extension for passholders. It's still set to resume on July 11. Frustrating losing $$$.

what I am confused about is, the info states Guests entering a resort hotel will require a confirmed room reservation or a confirmed dining reservation for day guests....but how can you have a dining reservation as a day guest when there is no dining reservation system through the rest of the year?

the_rich

But they already said that if you had a resort reservation you would get priority in booking park reservations. My takeaway and i may be wrong is that they may not have room for anyone who doesn't have a resort reservation plus some that do.

donsullivan

Premium Member
what I am confused about is, the info states Guests entering a resort hotel will require a confirmed room reservation or a confirmed dining reservation for day guests....but how can you have a dining reservation as a day guest when there is no dining reservation system through the rest of the year?
What they are trying to tell you is that you can't just go resort hopping during the initial periods after they open. The only people they want in a resort, are those who are staying at the resort. When they do re-open dining reservations that will be the only other way you'll be able to visit a resort.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
could and should . Sorry to disagree, but the purchase of a room rental does not at this time include a park admission reservation. Capacity is limited in the parks with no park-hopping and no resort hopping allowed at the present.

Outside of some DVC members, I would wager that less than half a percent of resort visitors go to Disney without wanting to visit the parks. What is the point of opening the resorts, which people pay exorbitant rates to stay in because of their proximity, if they aren’t guaranteeing park access?

It makes zero sense to open the resorts without giving guarantees of admission for resort guests at this time. Otherwise you might as well go stay at the Day’s Inn down the road.

donsullivan

Premium Member
But they already said that if you had a resort reservation you would get priority in booking park reservations. My takeaway and i may be wrong is that they may not have room for anyone who doesn't have a resort reservation plus some that do.
I do not believe Disney ever said resort guests would have priority for park reservations. Please show me where Disney said that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom